Home

your Lightsaber choice?

lilJedi

now that you can have dual light sabers and the saber staff which one will you use? and which do you prefer?

I generally prefer the more standard style...cause im old school.

but I like the others as well. They are fun and cool.

I actually think I fight better with the staff and the dual sabers...Im not saying they are better than a single one

or that I will always beat a player who is using a single one...but I think its advantageous for these reasons.

both the dual and the staff have two sides, so one swing counts practically as two, so fighting on medium stance

which is fairly strong, its going as fast as fighting with a single blade on fast stance.

also twice the damage if both blades hit. so more spin moves factor into using the dual and the staff

which wears down an enemies defences and more often you get a good hit.

I can dispatch the sith guys, the ones in the red and white armour, one on one fast with the dual or the staff because i just hit em so hard and so fast,

it works out in my favour. I also find it easier to fight 3 of those guys at a time with the dual than with the single blade.

can throw and still have a blade....and the way the jedi twirls that blade i his hand when he has two makes effective hits.

they seem to have an awful lot of power though. Because when you hit the other jedi enemies you find in the demo besides the ones in the red and white armour

and you hit them with a good full through the body swing they die, but not the sith they take so long.

the thing with fighting 3 of them at the time, my problem isnt really using a single sabre...

but the amount of force on force fighting and battling involved. when you look at it, together they have 300 percent health, plus each has strong armour

by the time your are wearing them down, with all the lightening and grabs and drain they use on you (3 of em) your 100 power makes a slow decline to 0.

so the longer the fight lasts the worse for you. but if it was just sabre dueling they wouldnt be as much as a prob to me as they are...

and since i am not really using any force absorb or anything like that its more of a problem.

but i still prefer the single blade.......what do you think?

Well I plan to use all types in mp just to keep things interesting. But I think Im best with single, maybe, Im not sure cause Im also getting better at staff. Staff seems to be the most popular in mp but thats not why I use it. Im not good at all with dual. So Im split between single and staff.

Hmmm I like the saber staff...

- It just looks badass :)

- It doesn't look so cheap as the dual sabers, I dunno, I just hate the way the dual sabers look!

- It makes me feel like I'm in control more than dual sabers, although single saber still allows you to control it better...

- It looks badass :)

I'm a staff fiend to be honest. I like the acrobatics, the ability to fight off multiple opponents more effectively.

Plus there's something strangely satisfying about flipping and prancing around with an oversized baton, hearing the screams of your fallen foes as you dance around them.

:maul:

I'm old school too, as I prefer the single saber. I like the versatility of the three stances, and red can still deliver a devastating strike. I like the lightstaff as well, but I don't know how much I will use it. I have no interest in the dual sabers at all :)

wel ive not even played the game yet (not even demo my com is in teh shop till saturday) but i know i will b using the staff, it lo0oks sooo cool and darth maul on EP1 used it so well, he shoudl have kicked both their asses! cant wait for my copy to come on monday (im using amazon.co.uk so it wont b here till monday arrrrr a whole weekend without JK3! ill go mad!)

Staff IS damn cool... the blue and the gold staff are my favorite...

Anyway, I would like to have a red one... and have a male of Maul's race (forgot the name...), then make a guy exacly as Maul... this would be damn cool!!

I live in Brazil, so it'll be hard for me to get the full game....

you know how your character automatically swirls the saber in the left hand when using dual sabers? like when he's spinning he actually twirls the saber so it spins in his hand so the blade spins, why when you are using one saber can he not twirl it too, i find it seems to help in the attack to make it more effective.

do you think that dual sabers helps you take on multiple light saber enemies in terms of defending from each of their multiple sword swings?

also, while playing the demo in the jedi battling level, i ran from the beginning to the end to bring all the jedi chasing me. so i would fight like about 5 at a time........any advice for fighting 5 of those tough sith guys? or is the only good advice not so many at one time?

im sure a real pro at this saber thing could take on all 5 easily knowing what to do, to never die, but i die alot heh...

especially since they use so much force, i think i would do better if it was just saber vs saber.

(SP)

Either the dual sabers are very unbalanced, or I am just exceptionally good with them. I tried them on Jedi Master difficulty when going dark side and found that absolutely nothing could stand against me (whereas I had to work for my kills with a staff).

I think though that I will mainly try to stay with the single saber in the future.

I'm having a hard time choosing, the only way you can be effective with the dual sabers is to spam attack and I'm just not a spammy person, the saber staff is fun but the special attacks leave you open to attack, the single is cool because you can get in there, attack, then get out fast, but I only like medium, because if you spam with fast you're going to get killed so you can only get about as many attacks in as with medium, and medium is stronger than fast so...and strong is just so boring and slow, plus nomatter how good you are if you have someone who knows to attack right after your swing you're dead. The only thing I don't like about medium is the special attacks are kinda lame. The jump attack rarely hits, its too slow and short, by the time you swing they already see you in the air twisting and they know what you're about to do so they back away, and the backwards slash is too short, you have to be touching them for it to hit.

Odd. At jedi master I slaughtered most everything with single, (mostly red), and staff, but I just can't make the duals work at all well. Most my problem seems to be lots of glancing blows and an undefended chest. I have to say I still like the singles quite a lot, even though the dfa's are ineffective now and everything takes up force so I can't even jump out of the way of a spinning staff... :(

Archived