Home

kyles lightsaber

Jaden007

Kyles saber? what saber did you like?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Kyles saber? what saber did you like?

• Kyle's blue Lightsaber
    • Kyle's Green lightsaber
    • Kyle's Orange lightsaber (MotS)
    • Yun's Yellow Lightsaber

Originally posted by TK8252MJL

In Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy, Kyle should still use Yun's yellow Lightsaber. I don't know why he didn't in JO like he did in MotS.

When Obi-Wan lost his saber in EpI against Darth Maul he didn't keep the one from Qui-Gon. In epII we see him with its own rebuilt from scratch. Kyle probably did the same and in facts in Mots he has an orange saber.

After his failure as a Jedi he probably throwed away his orange one and started to train as a student at the academy with a new blue lightsaber, the one he left to Luke after deciding he would never be a good Jedi.

That's just a theory ;)

actually he put his green lightsaber away and vowed he would never use it again (after MotS) but in JK2 he went back and found it and it was BLUE to bad.....liked green better, But jk3 you arent even Kyle you are a created student and choose your saber and are a student of Luke and Kyle

Yun had a yellow/gold saber. It wasn't orange. Regardless, I had always assumed that he used Yun's saber in MotS... Ah well..

Here's what I think: Kyle still used Yun's saber in MotS, despite the slight change in color. In-between the events of JK and JKII, Kyle seems to have been doing nothing but making a living and running jobs for the New Republic. Building a lightsaber takes dedication and time, two of something I don't think Kyle really had at the time. Especially after his touch to the dark side in JK's events, I think he's tried to concentrate more of his time elsewhere rather than cultivate his Jedi abilities (at the risk of failing).

But as a precaution, he probably kept Yun's saber handy as a rememberence of sorts for the Jedi who gave his life to save his.

And of course when Mara entered the picture, she was a half-assed Jedi the same as Kyle; and she didn't want to rehash her dark endeavors again, either. Very common ground. But what's natural for two half-assed Jedi to do? Give each other some tips and tricks. And ice-breaker. And for all we know, Mara could have helped Kyle repair Yun's saber after some kind of malfunction or jewel short (hence the color change). After all, she's no stranger to lightsabers and their maintainence (and this is where I say that the MotS broke continuity by giving Mara a purple saber instead of blue, as she uses Luke's father's saber, not her own.....).

After the events of MotS, I'd still have liked if Kyle used Yun's saber just as an added link to the past games. But the writer for JO said that they had to use blue for "Georgian Continuity" (that's my term for what Georgie boy says is SW movie canon, not EU). The good Jedi always use blue/green, the dark use red. So Kyle has to have a blue saber for story purposes, one way or another.

So there are a couple of things that could have happened here. One, Kyle destroyed Yun's saber after his harrowing scuffle with the dark side in MotS, using a Sith saber in its place. Or, to put things right, he returned Yun's saber to it's rightful place as a memorial for Yun (probably at the Vally of the Jedi at or near the carving).

In any case, he did what Mara couldn't pull herself to do and went to Luke for guidance so that he wouldn't fall to the dark side again. He went through the riggors of training, putting all of his personal affairs on hold. He built a lightsaber, learned to channel in the good, and not the bad... But he obviously gave it up, either because he didn't want to chance falling back to the dark side, or he just plain needed to go out and make a living (he never seemed like the kind of guy who could settle down and be a student...) So he gave Luke the saber and went on his marry way, fooling himself into thinking he could just forget about his past and his inherent abilities with the Force.

And then Jan is "murdered" (*wink*wink*) and he runs back to Luke for his saber to exact revenge. You all know the story.

Anyway, that's my take on this. But me not being a total stickler for continuity, I changed both JO and JA to have Kyle using a golden lightsaber (Yun's) despite the likelihood of him having built another. Hey, if Mara can kick arse with Anakin's saber, why can't Kyle do the same with Yun's? Now if only I could find Yun's actual hilt to put into the game, I'd be set with that...

If you go by the "Knights of the Old Republic" interpretation, which is now semi-canonical:

Blue is the color of Jedi Guardians (sabre masters)

Yellow is the color of Jedi Sentinels (fighter/mages)

Green is the color of Jedi Consulars (Force masters)

And of course, Purple is the color of Jedi Pimps.

Seeing how Kyle was throwing all sorts of Force powers around, green is more fitting for him I think.

• 2 weeks later...

I played the whole game of JK2 with an orange saber, because that's what he had in MotS, and since the events of MotS lead up to the events in JK2, it only made sense that he'd use that instead of making a brand new saber then giving it to Luke and giving it up.

In JA I have him using the same orange saber again.

The history of Kyle's sabers:

(spoilers from the JK series)

Green saber (originally possessed by Yoda, given to Qu Rahn for safe keeping, he gave it to Morgan Katarn, who put it in WeeGee to save it for Kyle).

Destroyed by Boc.

Yellow saber. Yun dies saving Kyle's life, because "a Jedi deserves a battle." Kyle takes the yellow saber and uses it to defeat the last three Dark Jedi and fulfills his mission, staying true to the Light Side.

Orange Saber. Not stated, but sometime after the events of JK1, and prior to the events of Mysteries of the Sith Kyle likely constructs his own lightsaber, with an orange blade. He uses it to train with Mara Jade and accomplish many missions for the New Republic. When he almost uses it to kill Mara under the influence of the Dark power of the Sith Temple on Dromuun Kaas, he gives it up, vowing to avoid temptation by giving up the Jedi way.

Blue Saber (not explained, non-in-universe read-between-the-lines explanation is that the new saber colors canon policy prevented Raven from using any colors but green or blue, and since green was already used, they chose blue for aesthetic reasons). This is the saber he gives to Luke, so if we take it at face value he gave up the Orange one and then constructed a new Blue one then gave it up as well. Taking the story as its been going, we can probably assume that they would have used the Orange one if they could have.

Even if we assume that MotS was an anomaly (no reason to, since the events of MotS directly lead into the events of JK2), he still should have Yun's yellow saber.

So the blue saber continues to be the one that Kyle uses today, newly reclaimed in his mission in JK2, motivated by his desire to seek revenge against Desann and Tavion. But the way I play its still his orange one.

Archived