Home

JA lightsabers ?

Aaron Halcyon

Sorry. Is this much better? I normally type like I talk and that means no peroids :D.

Anyway, I cant get my saber to NOT be backwars (as in the beam). I had it normal once but it soon when back to backwards after I finished the model..... Cant remember what I did to make it normal.

Oh and on that note I found that making both or one of the sabers backwars looks really freaking ausome for duel sabers!

PS:The tag_parent is where the had goes not the 0,0,0 <- but that is where the hand goes if there is no tag_parent

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well - I hate risking :) I always put the saber to 0,0,0.

You don't have to kill yourself with capitalisation (I am one of the least people here who do it), but some periods are useful :)

Sorry, I am not able to upload a screenshot of the hilt anywhere - so I will have to try and explain.

The tag is a triangle and should be directly over the tip of the saber in this form:

|\

This is the mistake in Psynex's tutorial - he has the tag_blade turned over incorrectly. It's supposed to go from the saber, not into.

If you could tell me where I can upload a screenshot, I would be happy to do so!

I got it fixed :)

how I prevent the saber beam from originating from the origin? It goes in the direction I want but it wants to start at the origin regardless where the tag_blade is.

Question, from anyone's knoledge is it possible to make a 2 sided light saber (any saber with more than 1 balde really) be able to be thrown? As so far I can only throw it when it has 1 blade no matter what I make the tags in the .sab

hi, i been following this thread for a while, and i just got a saber to work in SP, (it was from JO) is there anyway i can give it a name so it appears in the SP menu, and also to have it rotating like the other sabers?

:edit: k, i got the name to show up in SP when i'm choosing it, but i still cant get it to appear as the other sabers do on the select menu when u select it.

• 2 weeks later...

May be kind of pointless for y'all, but I finally got a new hard drive installed on my computer, and once I've gotten the patch for Academy, as well as getting it back from my friend who's borrowing it, work will resume on "More Hilts" and "More Hilts DX". Hopefully, I'll remember exactly how I did all that work. Otherwise, it'll be driving me absolutely mad...

I am having problems importing the md3. I downloaded the script and put it in my scripts folder, then choose run script when I start Gmax but then when I try to import the MD3 file it says No proper import module found. And the only way I can see the file I want to import is if I go to all files (*.*) in the file type area. Can anyone help?

• 3 months later...
Originally posted by Psynex

This is a rather lengthy Tutorial I wrote. I figure about half-way through you should get the picture:

Unwrap Tutorial

I think this tutorial would really help me but it would seem the link is broken or its not on the site anymore. anyway could you please put it back or mail it to me if possable, thanx

• 1 year later...

Its simple, add a second tag, called *blade2

and then you have to program that into the .sab file as well.

Down at http://www.jk3files.com there is a ext_data helper file available for download, and it has .sab manipulation help in it.

Or over at filefront there is a tutorial (Which is the main reason I go over there.) for .sab file manipulation.

Archived