Home

Server Setup

Bradacad

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I host a jk3 server and i go to my other computer and bring the game up I cant see my server on the list my clan member couldnt see it ether the only way for my meber to join is by my ip but I aslo can see it in the locals every once inwhile my server will show up in the internet list and if I refreash it it disappears and it is set to dedicated server can any one tell me what wrong.

I'm getting this problem with FreeBSD:

-bash-2.05b$ uname -a

FreeBSD srv.escapedturkey.com 4.9-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 4.9-PRERELEASE #0: Sat Sep 20 04:53:17 GMT 2003 escaped@srv.escapedturkey.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/whatever i386

-bash-2.05b$

Startup:

screen ./linuxjampded +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip 69.50.183.227 +set net_port 29070 +set ttycon 0 +set fs_homepath /usr/home/turkey +set com_hunkmegs 64 +set sv_maxclients 16 +exec server.cfg

Using the default server.cfg to test:

// Server Config

seta sv_hostname "my server name"

//seta g_motd "woot"

//rconpassword "my secret password"

seta sv_maxclients 16

set timelimit 20

// gametypes

// 0 = FFA

// 3 = DUEL one on one tournament

// 4 = POWER DUEL

// 6 = TEAM DEATHMATCH

// 7 = SIEGE

// 8 = CTF

// below will rotate through all multiplayer maps

// found in the assets0.pk3 file and use the correct

// gametype for each map

set d1 "set g_gametype 0; map mp/ffa1 ; set nextmap vstr d2"

set d2 "set g_gametype 0; map mp/ffa2 ; set nextmap vstr d3"

set d3 "set g_gametype 0; map mp/ffa3 ; set nextmap vstr d4"

set d4 "set g_gametype 0; map mp/ffa4 ; set nextmap vstr d5"

set d5 "set g_gametype 0; map mp/ffa5 ; set nextmap vstr d6"

set d6 "set g_gametype 8; map mp/ctf1 ; set nextmap vstr d7"

set d7 "set g_gametype 8; map mp/ctf5 ; set nextmap vstr d8"

set d8 "set g_gametype 8; map mp/ctf5 ; set nextmap vstr d9"

set d9 "set g_gametype 8; map mp/ctf5 ; set nextmap vstr d10"

set d10 "set g_gametype 8; map mp/ctf5 ; set nextmap vstr d11"

set d11 "set g_gametype 3; map mp/duel1 ; set nextmap vstr d12"

set d12 "set g_gametype 3; map mp/duel2 ; set nextmap vstr d13"

set d13 "set g_gametype 3; map mp/duel3 ; set nextmap vstr d14"

set d14 "set g_gametype 3; map mp/duel4 ; set nextmap vstr d15"

set d15 "set g_gametype 3; map mp/duel5 ; set nextmap vstr d16"

set d16 "set g_gametype 3; map mp/duel6 ; set nextmap vstr d17"

set d17 "set g_gametype 3; map mp/duel7 ; set nextmap vstr d18"

set d18 "set g_gametype 3; map mp/duel8 ; set nextmap vstr d19"

set d19 "set g_gametype 3; map mp/duel9 ; set nextmap vstr d20"

set d20 "set g_gametype 3; map mp/duel10 ; set nextmap vstr d21"

set d21 "set g_gametype 7; map mp/siege_desert ; set nextmap vstr d22"

set d22 "set g_gametype 7; map mp/siege_hoth ; set nextmap vstr d23"

set d23 "set g_gametype 7; map mp/siege_korriban ; set nextmap vstr d1"

// start the first map

vstr d1

It goes to this and I have to hit CTRL C to stop it:

JAmp: v1.0.1.0 linux-i386 Sep 19 2003

----- FS_Startup -----

Current search path:

/usr/home/escaped/base

/usr/home/escaped/ja/base/assets2.pk3 (62 files)

/usr/home/escaped/ja/base/assets1.pk3 (8320 files)

/usr/home/escaped/ja/base/assets0.pk3 (15346 files)

/usr/home/escaped/ja/base

./linuxjampded/base

----------------------

23728 files in pk3 files

execing mpdefault.cfg

couldn't exec jampserver.cfg

couldn't exec autoexec.cfg

--- Common Initialization Complete ---

Opening IP socket: 69.50.183.227:29070

Hostname: srv.escapedturkey.com

IP: 216.234.168.7

execing server.cfg

------ Server Initialization ------

Server: mp/ffa1

----- FS_Startup -----

Current search path:

/usr/home/escaped/base

/usr/home/escaped/ja/base/assets2.pk3 (62 files)

/usr/home/escaped/ja/base/assets1.pk3 (8320 files)

/usr/home/escaped/ja/base/assets0.pk3 (15346 files)

/usr/home/escaped/ja/base

./linuxjampded/base

----------------------

47456 files in pk3 files

Loading dll file jampgame.

Sys_LoadDll(/usr/home/escaped/ja/base/jampgamei386.so)...

Sys_LoadDll(jampgame) found **vmMain** at 0x2a0cbbb8

Sys_LoadDll(jampgame) succeeded!

------- Game Initialization -------

gamename: basejk

gamedate: Sep 9 2003

That's it, just hangs there. I have JK2 running on the same machine and it's running just fine. I followed the instructions for the FreeBSD install here:

http://forums.ravensoft.com/ib/ikonboard.pl?act=ST;f=21;t=24916

Hrm. :(

OK! I guess i'll post it here also.

Everyone seems to be under the assumption that g_weapondisable 65531 is saber only. It is not! It still leaves trip mines, det pack, ammo an what not.

The correct setttings for SABER ONLY ARE:

g_weapondisable 524279

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR SERVERS AND TELL YOUR FREINDS!

Apextwin,

Do u have a list of server config cvars that i could have??

you could email them to me at havenocommonsense@hotmail.com

I need a list of server options in more detailed format. the ones u get with the dedicated download isnt exactly the full list.

I tring to set up a deul server but i want it very specifically set up.

I was actually started writing a program like yours before i read your post but i didnt have enough info for the server setup cvars.

I may just write it for practice anyway. well see.

Thanks in advance for any help.

First I want to thank everyone for this great thread.Creating such a community is not easy.

I will run a JA server and i don't want to disable voting system but i want to disable a specific part of it.For instance I don't want players to vote for gametypes.Is there a way to do this?

there is one more thing I want to ask.Is there anyway limit the ranks of the force.For example I don't want anybody to give grip 3 ranks.Can i forbid it?

Originally posted by gevurgazi

First I want to thank everyone for this great thread.Creating such a community is not easy.

I will run a JA server and i don't want to disable voting system but i want to disable a specific part of it.For instance I don't want players to vote for gametypes.Is there a way to do this?

there is one more thing I want to ask.Is there anyway limit the ranks of the force.For example I don't want anybody to give grip 3 ranks.Can i forbid it?

None of this can currently be done without a mod, as far as I know.

yea, I think it would be nice to be able to change the kind of vote and enable/disable parts, like disable the ability of voting people off (THIS ISN"T SURVIVOR PEOPLE), and disable gametype changes, but keep map voting on since obviously if the map just drags on and on, people can vote to have it changed.

Originally posted by DelSol

inskip help me dude, how do i get thru a linksys router, i got dmz on and the ports opened, HELP

I can help ya, first after getting into the Advanced screen, go to the very bottom portion and where it says BLOCK WAN REQUEST (ENABLED by Default)... DISABLE it... Then apply for the changes to take affect. Then go to forwarding and forward ports 29070~29079 and set it for either UDP or BOTh, and then put in your IP (can be obtained by going to start => run+ cmd and typing ipconfig it will look something like 192.168.1.102 or whatever.. then click apply.. that SHOULD get your ports opened to allow for dedicated server play

Any tips on how to make the server as "unlaggy" as possible? I am running it off my home machine and I am playing on it as well. Are there certain things that I should set/not set that would help?

P.S. My server is called "Prime's Server". Can anyone see it in the JA duel server list? It would be nice to know if people can get on :)

Any tips on how to make the server as "unlaggy" as possible? I am running it off my home machine and I am playing on it as well. Are there certain things that I should set/not set that would help?

P.S. My server is called "Prime's Server". Can anyone see it in the JA duel server list? It would be nice to know if people can get on

the best way to run a ded server on the same machine as playing is to make a copy of your base folder and put it somewhere else with the dedicated server executable. I'll use that one instead and allow the game you play on to use the original copy. (less laggy)

You will have to also change the port that your server uses on your machine

..\Jedi Academy\GameData\jamp.exe" +set net_port 29071 +set dedicated 2 +exec server.cfg

set the server to run on prot 29071 while your game runs on 29070.

use that for your shortcut to the dedicated server exe.

Originally posted by malinkie

the best way to run a ded server on the same machine as playing is to make a copy of your base folder and put it somewhere else with the dedicated server executable. I'll use that one instead and allow the game you play on to use the original copy. (less laggy)

You will have to also change the port that your server uses on your machine

..\Jedi Academy\GameData\jamp.exe" +set net_port 29071 +set dedicated 2 +exec server.cfg

set the server to run on prot 29071 while your game runs on 29070.

use that for your shortcut to the dedicated server exe.

Thanks for the tip :)

Jedi Academy servers simply do not show up most of the time. You have to have Gamespy Arcade to see 90% of the servers for JA. I'm shocked Raven has not moved more quickly to correct this.

Have people download Gamespy Arcade and they should be able to see your server fine. They can enter through Gamespy or they can just grab your IP and go in manually. It's free software.

So by reading this post I'm assuming there is no way to keep one bot in the Game ? In our JK2 server I have a custom personality bot (it's a actual pk3 files) SO when I try to add it the same way to our Jedi Academy Server It gets kicked out when someone joins. Kinda defeats the purpose of a training bot if it get kicked out of the server

Originally posted by Scythefall

Jedi Academy servers simply do not show up most of the time. You have to have Gamespy Arcade to see 90% of the servers for JA. I'm shocked Raven has not moved more quickly to correct this.

Have people download Gamespy Arcade and they should be able to see your server fine. They can enter through Gamespy or they can just grab your IP and go in manually. It's free software.

From my understanding on the Raven Forums, according to Kenn Hoekstra, there is a patch In the works since they are very aware of the problem of very few servers showing up, but do not email Raven asking when the patch will be out since they don't know yet.

Archived