Home

Server Setup

Bradacad

dam, now that what i call hate mail! :rolleyes:

I can see why people are angry about the in game server list being faulty but if people were just patient, then a patch will be out to fix the problem soon.

True that reaven should have fixed the problem pre-release but most of you dont understand that these companies are under great stress to release on the chosen date (or around about that). Most of the money spend developing the product will go into in the last month or so to get a release candidate. I've been under that sort of pressure before and its NOT nice!

I for one feel sympathy for Raven in that aspect.

NOW for some news relating to the topic...:thumbs1:

Before i saw the Apextwin's post about JK Runner, i was in the middle of creating a program that does just about the same thing. Its about 33% complete at the moment so i'll be trying to complete it by the end of the week.

Could you give me any idea of if u guys would be interested in this sort of program once its finished.

You MUST understand, even though Apextwin has written this stuff before, i'm a Computer Geek and i write these sort of programs just for fun. Its not going to be some amazing program, but it will do exactly wat it says on the tin. (thanks Ronseal Advert heh :) )

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question.

The mutliplayer maps in the game are in mp/maps but I have found a number of 3rd party maps are in /maps no mp folder. This causes a problem with my map scanner, I can add some code to handle this but want to know if all 3rd party maps will be in just /maps or can they be in either, mp/maps or /maps? Anyone care to fill me in?

If anything, you just re-pack the custom maps so that they will load into the MP folder like

FileName Content Size Folder

duality.bsp 2,330,021b maps\MP

instead of just having it load into the base folder for maps. or something like that so that it follows the JA order of things

Originally posted by eliteone

So by reading this post I'm assuming there is no way to keep one bot in the Game ? In our JK2 server I have a custom personality bot (it's a actual pk3 files) SO when I try to add it the same way to our Jedi Academy Server It gets kicked out when someone joins. Kinda defeats the purpose of a training bot if it get kicked out of the server

If you just want to have a 1 or more bots to keep a human company until more humans arrive, set bot_minplayers 2 or higher. If it is 2, the first human to join will kick 1 of the two bots, leaving one to practice with. The next human to join will kick the remaining bot, leaving two humans on the server. If one of the humans leaves, the server will add a bot to keep the total players 2 (1 human, 1 bot). It works the same for higher numbers, the server will add or kick bots to keep the number of players at the number set until the number of humans equals or exceeds bot_minplayer.

If you want to keep a particular bot on the server at all times set bot_minplayers 0, then addbot <botname>. The server will not kick the bot, no matter how many humans join.

Originally posted by TheAphextwin

I have a question.

The mutliplayer maps in the game are in mp/maps but I have found a number of 3rd party maps are in /maps no mp folder. This causes a problem with my map scanner, I can add some code to handle this but want to know if all 3rd party maps will be in just /maps or can they be in either, mp/maps or /maps? Anyone care to fill me in?

3rd-party map .pk3 files are usually put in the \GameData\base folder.

Here is my server.cfg:

// |GG|Carl's Server Config

seta g_motd "^3Welcome to the official ^4|^2GlobensGeng^4|^3Server!"

sets "Config File" "^4|^2GG^4|^7"

seta sv_hostname "^4|^2GlobensGeng^4|^3Server"

sets "Admin" "^4|^2GG^4|^3Carl^7"

sets "Clan" "^4|^2GlobensGeng^4|"

sets ".Configured By" "^4|^2GG^4|^3Carl^7, Gothenburg, Sweden"

seta sv_maxclients "13"

seta sv_privateClients "2"

seta sv_privatePassword "****"

seta rconPassword "****"

seta sv_maxPing "800"

seta com_HunkMegs "32"

seta sv_minclients "2"

seta sv_maxRate "10000"

seta sv_minPing "0"

seta g_forcerespawn "3"

seta sv_fps "50"

seta com_zoneMegs "16"

seta com_SoundMegs "16"

seta sv_reconnectlimit "3"

seta g_warmup "0"

seta sv_zombietime "30"

seta g_dismember "100"

seta g_maxForceRank "7"

seta g_allowvote "0" // 0=no vote, 1=vote

seta sv_allowDownload "1" // 1 turns this on, 0 turns it off

seta sv_allowAnonymous "0"

seta g_doWarmup "0"

seta sv_floodProtect "1"

seta g_friendlyfire "0"

seta sv_pure "0"

seta g_synchronousclients "0"

seta g_privateDuel "1"

seta g_saberLocking "1"

seta g_weaponDisable "0" // 0 = play with weapons

seta g_forcePowerDisable "0"

seta g_ForceRegenTime "1"

seta g_debugmelee "1" // debug melee

seta g_saberLockFactor "6"

seta sv_timeout "100"

// gametypes

// 0 = FFA

// 3 = DUEL one on one tournament

// 4 = POWER DUEL

// 6 = TEAM DEATHMATCH

// 7 = SIEGE

// 8 = CTF

set g_gametype 0

set timelimit 0

set fraglimit 50

set capturelimit 10

set g_autoMapCycle 0

//MAPS:

//map mp/CTF1 //Imperial Drop Zone

//map mp/CTF2 //Hoth Wasteland

//map mp/CTF3 //Yavin Hilltops

//map mp/CTF4 //Coruscant Streets

//map mp/CTF5 //Factory

//map mp/duel1 //Bespin Courtyard

//map mp/duel2 //Generator Room

//map mp/duel3 //Imperial Shaft

//map mp/duel4 //Imperial Control Room

//map mp/duel5 //Taspir Landing

//map mp/duel6 //Yavin Training Area

//map mp/duel7 //Rancor Pit

//map mp/duel8 //Abandoned City

//map mp/duel9 //Hoth Canyon

//map mp/duel10 //Vjun Fuel Processing

//map kotor_flight_school //the kotor_flight_school map

//map wampajoust //the wampajoust map

//map rancormad //the arena of the rancor map

map matrix_reloaded //matrix reloaded map

//map mp/FFA1 //Vjun Sentinel

//map mp/FFA2 //Korriban Tombs

//map mp/FFA3 //Totooine City

//map mp/FFA4 //Rift Sanctuary

//map mp/FFA5 //Taspir

//map mp/Siege_hoth //Hoth Attack

//map mp/Siege_desert //Desert Rescue

//map mp/Siege_korriban //Korriban Valley

//EOF

It might help someone.

Originally posted by young Obi-Wan

I got following problem: when I type /status or /map_restart, it says "server is not running" ... what to do?

(I logged in with RCON on our clanserver)

After using the /rconpassword *password* for every command you issue, you need to have the /rcon in front of the command or the game wont know what you are trying to do (in your view)

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Kamikaze Gerbil

Is there away to after once side has lost/won a siege game have everyone switch sides and play the map again then after that game move on to the next map in the list?

That's the default setting, so you don't have to do anything.

Originally posted by dood

I got guestion:

I wont disable a forces but not every one. For exacly I wont desable only: grip, speed and seeing- how can I do that? ... and I wont change level some forces, is it posible?

i think the command you use if forcetoggle and it lists which numerical value represents the force power, and just use PageUp and down and individually disable/enable the ones ya want.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I've got a question.

I have a router and I've set up the ports 29069-29071 to come to my computer's IP. When I start a dedicated server with +set net_port 29071 +set dedicated 2 I see it in the local list (which is right I guess). But, is it ok to see my computer's internal IP in the list? Not the external?

• 1 year later...

Archived