Home

The Official 'Help with Coruscant' (Droids) thread *SPOILERS*

Vader10

I am stuck at a certain point and wondering if I am going about things all wrong.

I am on the mission in the 2nd group of 5 where you go to Coruscant to capture a crimeboss who has been selling assassin droids. About 1/2 way through the maze of building tops to get to the boss's building, I ran across a droid with some kind of shield. I assume this is the assassin droid they are talking about. Anyway, I tried all kinds of things to kill this bugger. I couldnt find anything that seemed to hurt it. I bypassed the droid and moved on. I figured at the time that they were meant to be avoided. Well when I finally made it to the boss hq, he hides himself and locks the door. Out comes 4 of these freaking droids. I couldn't even figure out how to take out one of them. I looked around for a secret exit to no avail. How on God's green earth can I defeat these things??

Originally posted by SpaceButler13

Nah, don't need a gun. Wait till they shoot, force speed, and hit them while the shield is down.

That's exactly what I did. I found that six or seven hits from the lightsaber turns them into so much scrap metal. If you have fast stance, use that - it blocks most of their incoming blaster shots - and stand just beyond the influence of their shields. As soon as their shield goes down, hit Force Speed and start hacking away. You'll have a good few seconds to get some slashes in (but you won't take it down within the time available before the shield comes up). Just wait until the shield goes down a second time, rinse and repeat, and you should have a dismembered droid flopping around your feet.

Use exactly the same tactic on the four droids at the end of the level - just make sure you don't allow any of them to flank you, so you can deflect their blaster fire. Take them down one at a time.

Hope that helps. ;)

They keep ruling me. How do I get rid of 'em? I think it has something to do with timing their sheilds off and hitting them with lightsaber?

I'm sure this has already been posted before but I couldn't find it.

Search: "Sorry. The search function has been disabled by the administrator."

Lame lame lame.

thanks

I killed them all with the light stance roll-stab. Timed it so I rolled in right when the shield went down, and they usually collapsed just before I stood up again. If it didn't work, I think I had just enough time to back off before the shield went up again. This was on Jedi Knight difficulty, so it may not work if they have more health on Jedi Master.

silly kids. my method was probably faster then any of yours :p

when starting the mission select detonation packs as your explosive. when the 4 droids are spawned they will be in a small room off to the side very close to each other. force speed. run up and drop 2 det packs (one pack can kill 3 of em but you want em all gone quickly) make sure their shields are OFF when you detonate and huzzah!

in the words of jar jar "dumb droids".

Use the gun that shoots electric bolts. No. 7, I think. The one that looks a little like a blunderbus. Three shots, and their down, and you don't even need to wait for their shields to go down.

The Zero-G Troopers are another story, though. I've yet to find an effective strategy for taking them down.

Archived