Home

The Official 'Help with Vjun' (Vader's Castle) thread

Jhon

That gun worked for the previous two waves of droids, but those droids with light sabers don't seem affected.

Try your lightsaber, remember you had to fight a saber droid in the Yavin Training level, so these guys should be no problems for you, but be were there are 3 others so use Katas and Special Moves along with Force Powers and you should overcome them. :)

Good Luck :D

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by DarkRealm

I am Not Stuck on Vader Castle...BUT there is a Major AI pathfinding Error that is not letting me Advance in the Game.

Every time I get to the Part where I need to Jump up on the Rocks to get to where the Bombers are...Kyle Eather Dosn't BOTHER to Jump...or Has no Force Power...so I wait for him to regain his power but the Turd Keeps Useing Force Speed.

Anyway...he Keeps WALING into the Lake. And then Game over...

Any help?

Must be a bug. Did you try replaying the level?

Against the saber droids you can't use primary fire of the DEMP coz they'll block it every time. Instead use secondary fire, the radial effect one, e.g. the one that fires out a shot that expands. I beat both of them with two or three shots. Speed also helps as well. If you need further help on this subject, I have a completed walkthrough up at gamefaqs.com

I'm not a harcore player or anything, don't play MP and such and I found the games puzzles and level design pretty tame, difficulty wise. I can't believe people are actually using playguides for it. If all else fails, force push/pull everything or jump as high as you can. There's no real advanced cerebral applications here folks.

Originally posted by BrodieCadden

I'm not a harcore player or anything, don't play MP and such and I found the games puzzles and level design pretty tame, difficulty wise. I can't believe people are actually using playguides for it. If all else fails, force push/pull everything or jump as high as you can. There's no real advanced cerebral applications here folks.

Also use Sense.

Originally posted by DarkRealm

I am Not Stuck on Vader Castle...BUT there is a Major AI pathfinding Error that is not letting me Advance in the Game.

Every time I get to the Part where I need to Jump up on the Rocks to get to where the Bombers are

Kyle should be following you. If you're where I think you are, you should be the first one on the rocks. He'll jump ahead, but if you kill the troopers who run through the door and then go in the door. Kyle will follow you into the building. If you don't do it soon enough, he dies.

It's useless to fight Rosh until Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum are out of the picture. If you read the icarus scripts under base\scripts\vjun3, Rosh is set as "invincible" until the twins are killed.

I've played through the game as both a light and dark jedi, and Vjun is one of the toughest if you are a dark-force user. But it's certainly not impossible. Without Force Absorb, the Twins will give you hell, because their lightning attacks can immobilize you if you're very close to them.

I've found the key is to keep your distance, and keep force-pushing them until they fall, then just use your saber-throw to finish them off. You can also hack away at them freely whenever they stop to "heal" Rosh.

Anakin1607 made a superb point about using guns. I'll have to try that. I'm a little skeptical because force users can always reflect any projectile weapons with force-push (thermals, cuncussion rifle, rocket launcher, repeater alt-fire, flechette alt-fire) and dodge the rest (blasters, disruptor, etc.). Also, if you switch to guns, you're wide open for Rosh's saber attacks. He uses strong style only (check out the base\ext_data\npcs\rosh_penin.npc file) and will take you out quickly, especially if you're playing at Jedi Master difficulty. That's if the Twins don't yank the weapon from your hands first... :confused:

I've seen alot of posts about people's troubles with Kyle in Vjun1. Here is a fix for you.

Most of Kyle's malfunctions will occur because his NPC has run out of Force Mana, and he can't keep up with you. This is especially true in VJUN1, where he keeps Force Protect on at all times. To work around this limitation, extract the files from your ASSETS0.PK3 file under \%installpath%\Game Data\base\assets0.pk3 and edit his NPC file located under \ext_data\npcs\kyle.npc It will look like this:

(note for newbies, a PK3 file is compressed the same as a ZIP file, all you have to do is change the file extension, and you can extract the contents just like a zip file)

Kyle

{

playerModel kyle

saber kyle

rank commander

health 1000

weapon WP_BRYAR_PISTOL

weapon WP_SABER

saberStyle 1

saberStyle 3

saberStyle 2

FP_HEAL 3

FP_LEVITATION 3

FP_SPEED 3

FP_PUSH 3

FP_PULL 3

FP_TELEPATHY 3

FP_GRIP 3

FP_LIGHTNING 2

FP_SABERTHROW 3

FP_RAGE 0

FP_PROTECT 3

FP_ABSORB 3

FP_DRAIN 0

FP_SEE 3

FP_SABER_DEFENSE 3

FP_SABER_OFFENSE 3

forcePowerMax 200

reactions 4

aim 5

move 3

aggression 5

evasion 5

intelligence 5

playerTeam TEAM_PLAYER

class CLASS_KYLE

snd kyle

sndcombat kyle

sndjedi kyle

dismemberProbHead 0

dismemberProbArms 0

dismemberProbHands 0

dismemberProbLegs 0

dismemberProbWaist 0

}

Notice the item in boldface. forcePowerMax sets the limit for an NPC's Force Mana. If you change this value to, say, 500, then Kyle will have 500 points of Force Mana to use in game. Increasing this value will help prevent him from running out.

For added effect, you can add these lines:

forceRegenRate 50

forceRegenAmount 2

These will cause him to regenerate his Force pool faster.

NOTE: Do NOT edit the settings for KYLE_BOSS as well... or you'll be in for a serious spanking if you end up turning to the Dark Side...

...or, if you like that kind of thing... do it.

:D

Once you're finished editing, place the KYLE.NPC file in an (empty) folder path like this EXT_DATA\NPCS

Then zip the EXT_DATA folder you just created, and rename it to a *.PK3 using whatever name you want. Then place it back under \%installpath%\Game Data\base\ and go to town.

IM NEW SO ...IM STUCK AFTER YOU FIGHT THE DROIDS WHIT LIGHT SABERS .. I COME TO AROOM THATS FULL WHIT SITH OR CULT PEOPLE AND I GET TO THE TOP WHIT OUT FIGHTING BUT I DONT FIND A WAY OUT ITS A PART WHEN ITS SAYS - SOMEONE REALLY MUST HATE VADER OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT... ANY HELP HERE PLEASE

1) stop using caps

2) You must be at the part where you fight some droids then go to an elevator down (or up?). then fight 2 cultist with blaster rifles, kill them. and go through the door and fight somemore reborn then go upstairs. Go through the door and fight the last reborn then, the door in that room should be unlocked.

After you first spot the TIE Bombers: there is a section of pipe outside in the rain which can be sabred open and there is three det packs in there (I am fairly sure they are det packs) but the hole is not big enough to fit through and force pull doesn't seem to work.

Also is this one of the secrets, I am trying to find them but I don't know how many there should be on this level, you only get told how many there for part three.

I don't know if anyone else noticed but on one of the very first levels there is a secret on the level (very helpfully I cant remember what level or where the secret is) but at the end of the level it says there weren't any secrets. They make it very difficult to get all the secrets (yes I know they are supposed to be). Does anyone have a list of how many secrets there are per level?

I am very sorry for the length of this boring post. Thankyou for your time to anybody that bothers to read this far.

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

well duhz, they sUx0rZ!

They don't even have force powers! (execpt force jump)

I've had them fling lightning at me, and push me around. Amusing chaps , If I urgently need a full Force well I wait untill I get 30 points, turn on absorb and run up to them and absorb their lightning or push, wee, full Force again.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it the part where you go up the stairs and fight the lone reborn with a staff?

If he keeps using rage....

As you know, when a jedi uses rage, he cannot be killled. But you can lower his health until 1. so keep on attacking him and use sense to see his health. When it is VERY low (until you can't see anything), attack him with lightning or just damage him with any weapon because he only has 1 health left.

:)

Archived