Home

Serious problem with my MX700

power_ed

before you start, yes i know.. wrong forum.. plz hear me out:

anyways, i have a mx700, i posted this in the tech support forum, but i didnt get any reply so i'm trying my luck here.

this is a problem i'm having with all games using the q3 engine, elite force, jk, JA and so on:

when i press a mouse button lets take primary fire for an example, the game sometimes fails to recognize that i have released the button again, and so i will keep fireing even though i'm not touching the mouse button at all. this is tolerable becouse i just have to press it again to stop fireing. but what i cannot workaround is the right mouse button wich i have assigned to jump. (this is the only way i can play. belive me, i have tried!) this button behaves the same way resulting in totally uncontrolable jumps and a unplayable game what so ever. keep in mind that this happens at random once every 6 or 8 clicks. sometimes 12 or 13 clicks after each other.

i'm playing with brand new batteries, the reciever is only 5 inches away, so its not a problem with the signal, coz as i said before, this ONLY happens when i play games using the q3 engine.

i've even gotten the mouse replaced with a brand new one, same problem.

i have the latest drivers for it (i think i've tried all the driver versions by now), i have tried switching usb ports and even tried the ps2 adaptor with no luck.

i've had this mouse for 4-5 months now, and in that time i have gotten a totally new pc with a very different composition, same problem, proving that its not a hardware error.

i am currently playing JA on my old ball mouse wich doesnt have that problem (neither does any other mouse than the MX700) but it makes MP unplayable IMO due the the lack of precicion.

with all the facts i have given above, i can only see that it MUST be a problem with the MX700 mouse in general when using the q3 enginge, but i have never heard of anyone having the same problem.. ever?

so plz.. if you have this mouse and a problem remotely like mine, plz feel free to post it and/or any suggestions on what to do about it.

i have mailed logitech several times explaining my problem, but they have never answered me even once.

Archived