Home

JA MP Blows...... Answer - Promod?

Quiwan

I'll tell ya what needs fixing - some of the tards who join servers. I don't think the game so much needs to be patched/modified as some of the chuckleheads playing it.

As a server owner (who's paying nearly $50 a month for the privilege), I get a heck of a lot more guff than gratitude. I wish more people appreciated that just because joining a server is free, it doesn't mean keeping one up and operational is.

As for the gameplay, I think it's quite premature to draw any conclusions on that front. What I find ironic is there's as many people complaining Academy isn't a carbon copy of Outcast as there are those saying it's nothing more than an expansion set.

I would much rather Raven take a closer look at what possibly could really be bugs, like sound/music issues, terrible latency and flakey server listings. That stuff is a heck of a lot less subjective.

In the meantime, what would really be nice is if some kind soul at Raven released a comprehensive guide to Academy's CVARs instead of just referring us to generalized Quake III setup guides. It's frustrating as hell muddling around via trial & error just to get a handle on what some of them do.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bump but for a different reason.

el give-o us-o the tools-o so mod makers can fix your game-o.

pro mod/=X= mod v.2 what ever your preference is, that’s up to you.

But Jesus people, there are players who want more than "HAHAH I CAN DO TEH BUTTERFLY I AM TEH DARF MAUL" out of this game.

just put the damn tools out and the casual gamers can play that flawed newbie crap until the cows come home and the rest of us can produce a competition level quality game and actually not feel like we flushed 49.99 down the crapper on a interactive star wars nerd orgy....

Originally posted by taboo

Ahhh, promod. I'll hit the store and buy JA if someone does a good job of porting promod to JA. Promod wasn't perfect and it didn't have much flash, but damn it was fun to play and had a lot of depth to its gameplay.

I totally agree. Except I already bought it. The single player was great. Loved it.

Originally posted by Anakin

You tell me what you want and I shall create

Is there any chance of combining pro mod with force mod 2. The creater of force mod 2 does not have the time to make the coversion over to JA. Would you be willing to add some features from Force Mod 2? I like pro mod tremendously but I like the mercenary features in Force mod 2. Plus I have another idea for adding to this Mod. Here it is.

The new idea I have has to do with the Mercernarie's skills.

I don't know if it is possible but I would like to give the mercenary and xtra weapon. The grapple was implemented pretty good in the last mod as for working like a rope with a hook. I would like to see this taken a step foward and allow us to us the grapple like a weapon. HERE IS HOW.

The force powers pull, push, and grip engines could all be used.

They would just need new animations.

Force pull could be used to throw the grapple, hook someone and then pull them towards you.

Force push could be used to shot the grapple at someone, knocking them over.

Force grip could be used to show an animation of a rope tieing up an opponent not allowing them to move.

Archived