Home

Walkthrough for Tanaab (t3_stamp) *spoilers*

JarJarBinks

Taanab Spaceport Guide

Avoid any enemies the whole way through the level unless they block your path, like at the end in the control room.

As soon at you start out, turn on force speed and go to the wall on the opposite side of the room from where the Mutated Rancor is released. Look for a platform you can jump on, there is a lever on the platform, pull the lever, then infront and slightly to the left of you a crate should raise. Go to where the crate was sitting and there should be a door, go in the door and walk down the small hallway (watch out for the cultists [1 with a saber, 1 force user]).

Now you are in the second room, but you aren't safe yet, shortly after you exit the small hallway the Mutated Rancor should start beating on the big doors, it shouldn't take long till he destroys them so no time for breaks. Turn on force speed and keep going forward till you run into the wall. Now turn right (if your force speed runs out let your force recharge about 25-30 points then reactivate it) and there should be a big hallway, walk down the hallway, if you went the right way there should be a big blue glowing transparent door up high at the end of the hallway. When you get to the end of the hallway turn left, there should be a locked door, go up to the locked door and a reborn on the other side should unlock it (If he dosen't just wait, it only opens if the rancor is close by). Go through the door.

You're now in the third room, but again, no time for breaks, because shortly after you exit the last room the Mutated Rancor starts beating the wall around the door, eventually breaking through. Go left down the hallway (if your force speed runs out again let your force recharge to 100 before you reactive force speed again, you will need the extra force points), there is a lever at the end, pull it and it should raise a crate atop a bunch of other crates. It may look high but you can make it (this is where you need the extra force points [50-60]), force jump onto the crates. *Secret 1: Before you jump down to the other side, turn right, jump up to the other crates, and walk all the way to the end of the crates, to the big pipe with the electricity all over it. Now, look about 45 degrees to the right, see the big blue glowing transparent door? Jump over to that platform, go to the left of the door into the small alcove, and there is a medpack and a large shield thingy (+50). Now go back to the crates where you were before.* Jump down to the over side and keep going forward till you get to a small control room with the big glass window. On the one side of the control room (outside) there is a lever, pull it and a crate should lower. *Secret 2: Opposite from the big glass window on the small control room, there should be a long hallway with a big blue transparent door at the end (LucasArts/Raven seems obsessed with big blue transparent doors), turn on force speed and run to the end, when you're a few feet away from the big blue transparent door turn left and theres a small room with a medpack and a large shield thingy (+50) inside. As soon as you collect the goods, turn force speed on again and run back to the small control room.*

Go into the small control room with the big glass window, go up to the bigger control room with 2 floors and alot of glass windows, wait till the Mutated Rancor gets right infront of the glass windows then hit the lever on the second floor (be fast, he can grab you through the windows) and then the crate should squish the Mutated Rancor into the big blue glowing transparent door at the end of the hallway.

I wish I would've known before that I couldn't kill the rancor by myself...

I know it says "weapons do not work on mutated rancor" in the objectives, but I way sloooowly lowering his health with my lightsaber, that I thought it just ment that projectile weapons didn't work.

Anyway, I go to the door underneath the blue forcefield but the door remains locked the whole time... I even turned on force seeing and saw 2 reborns running around, then they just stopped near some powerups.

Anyone have ANY idea what I did wrong? I even tried jumping on those crated heading from one blue forcefield to the other. I managed to do it using jump + crouch but could never actually set foot on one of the crates.

Anyway, if anyone has a quick fix to my problem I would appreciate it. The game is really fun so far... But this rancor level is really annoying.

Originally posted by Silent_Thunder

I wish I would've known before that I couldn't kill the rancor by myself...

I know it says "weapons do not work on mutated rancor" in the objectives, but I way sloooowly lowering his health with my lightsaber, that I thought it just ment that projectile weapons didn't work.

Anyway, I go to the door underneath the blue forcefield but the door remains locked the whole time... I even turned on force seeing and saw 2 reborns running around, then they just stopped near some powerups.

Anyone have ANY idea what I did wrong? I even tried jumping on those crated heading from one blue forcefield to the other. I managed to do it using jump + crouch but could never actually set foot on one of the crates.

Anyway, if anyone has a quick fix to my problem I would appreciate it. The game is really fun so far... But this rancor level is really annoying.

Did you wait till the rancor got close? The door won't open unless he's close by. Just make sure the rancor is following you and wait at the door till it opens.

Could a mod please change the thread title to "Taanab spaceport (t3_Stamp) guide. *Spoilers*" please?

A few points:

The mutated rancor is a much bigger danger to your enemies than to you. It's a cheesy trick, but I'd get close enough to dark jedi to draw a challenge, then run away and jump on a platform. The enemies would chase me but would usually not jump on the platform -- and the rancor would devour them. I killed a half-dozen dark jedi this way in one session, while trying to find my way out. It seems the rancor chases the closest living thing, not just you. It's an equal opportunity carnivore.

============

If you get to the first control panel and don't have the force points to make that very high jump to the top of the big boxes, you don't have to die.

There's just enough space between two of the big boxes to sqeeze in. The rancor can't reach you but will stay at the opening like a cat looking at a mouse hole. Do any healing and force recharging necessary, then hit force speed, run around a bit, cut loose from the rancor's grip if he grabbed you and go back to the "mousehole." The rancor will get mad and destroy one of the boxes next to you, allowing you to run into the next room.

==============

The big tanks of yellow liquid explode. I set a couple of them off with gunfire while the rancor was close to them, but there was no visable effect. Perhaps doing that a lot would kill the thing, but I don't know. If you're anywhere close, it will definitely kill you.

==========

You actually had to use Force Sense?:confused: I just let the Rancor stay near me and then would just go where I thought I needed to go and at one point when I was flipping the switch to lower the crates, he grabbed me, but I swung like hell and escaped and made him pay the ultimate price and beat the mission, virtually hands down

• 3 weeks later...

I think the rancor follows you around. If you just wait in one area after he's lost track of you, he'll just stand somewhere else in the level until he can "see" you again. Just run out and attract his attention and then go back to the control room. This happens a lot because you probably used force speed and completely outran him.

• 4 weeks later...

After making it through this far, I did this EXACTLY to the letter...

>>>

Go into the small control room with the big glass window, go up to the bigger control room with 2 floors and alot of glass windows, wait till the Mutated Rancor gets right infront of the glass windows then hit the lever on the second floor (be fast, he can grab you through the windows) and then the crate should squish the Mutated Rancor into the big blue glowing transparent door at the end of the hallway.

>>>

But I only get a cut scene of absolutely nothing happenning, with a view off to towards the direction I came from. After that I'm still standing in front of the switch. Everything is dead, I've been back through the entire level three times, but the squish

>>>

and then the crate should squish the Mutated Rancor into the big blue glowing transparent door at the end of the hallway.

>>>

never happens. What crate? Do I have an odd bug of some sort?

Is everything dead or is the rancor still running around? Some people have e-mailed me about this (I wrote a complete game walkthrough and included JarJar's with his permission) and I think the only solution is to restart the level. Most of the time this happens because the player tries to skip the cutscene. If however, the rancor is still running around alive, you have to run back outside to the switch just outside the door and load another box in place, then go up to the control room.

Archived