Home

GF HL Mod

James Isaac

Sounds interesting, what gameplay are you aiming for?

If you're really interested in getting the mod off the ground, you should plan everything down to the finest detail on paper first, before you start mapping, modeling, etc. If you need help with this, give me a shout :).

OK.

I was thinking of maybe action/adventure gameplay. You will be able to die. Maybe there will be fights with scythes and sprouters. And there will be some puzzle solving aswell.

BUT. Do you guys think i should do it from someonme else's POV. Like maybe, you could play the game as Domino - then it won't be boring for people who have already completed GF, and it will reveal new stuff?? What do you think?

I still need help with certain parts though.

And i am going to host all the news about this and stuff on my GF website once it is up - to bost its popularity.

My project that hasn't set up yet is Half-life mod called Cruise-life. It makes you experience some unlikely things that often happens like in real world: Train ride, fire drill etc. No enemies, but maybe weapons to experiment with. Almost like "1986". I would help you if I had any mapping skills with Worldcraft.

It would be better with newer characters, made in GF Calavera stylee. Also a big arsenal of Sproutella weapondry, like an exploding sprout bomb (Grenade) or a flower launcher (RPG).

What would be really cool would be a multiplayer GFHL, with different calaveras to play as and that.

I'm afraid I can't really do much to the project except maybe a storyline or textures or something (Which I'm not amazingly good at).

Mmm hhhmmmm.

Yeah, I agree that there should be lots of weapons. I will add them in aswell. Just because they weren't shown in GF doesn't mean they didn't exist.

?Maybe I will work on multiplayer first, then story?

Oh yeah, and by the way, I am going to make this for Half Life 2 as it is so amazing.

Being a lowly Brit, I haven't got HL2 yet! :eek: but it's basically the same interface as HL1, right?

But... what about the Snarks? Those cute little aliens that just adore human flesh? How can you turn them into a green, mean sproutin' machine?

Hopefully if this mod is created HL2 won't need an update to play multiplayer like the original! Ugh.

Hey, here's an idea: In every player model, hide a flower model that appears to sprout out of their chest/head/arm/leg/other. That'll be cool!

The biggest hurdle i cant see in this mod is LucusArts its self. As soon as they hear about it, they'll probably close it down.

Other than that, you can count me in. I could model some characters and weapons.

I dont remember having to update HL to play multiplayer.

Hey, that's great if you can do the modelling, becuase I can't ;)

And HL2 isn't out anywhere yet. It was just delayed to Novemer 2003.

And I remember a HL mod based on Monkey Island. It was called Plunder 3D. But it seems to have disappeared :(

But, I can't use the Software Development Kit for HL2 yet, beucaes it isn't released. But I will try to think mroe about a story.

I don't think LucasArts would care if you weren't selling it. I'm not sure if they could do anything about it anyway, not that we'd want to get the GFN on LucasArts' bad side...But really I don't think they'd care.

Aside from that, in Multiplayer mode, you should have many character's available like Chowchilla Charlie, Hector, and possibly the Johnny Thunder boys...:) You should use ScummRev and get the sounds too. This will be awesome if you guys do it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived