Home

'Nother saber hilt request -- cut current saber staffs in half.

Wes Janson

For anyone who's up for it, I'm requesting a modification to the current saber staffs already in the game. There are five of them: "dual_1, dual_2, dual_3, dual_4, and dual_5."

Basically, I'd like these sabers cut in half for single-saber use. Why? Well, I've developed a macro trick that allows us to switch from saber staff to two-handed style on the fly, but in order to complete the effect, we need "halfed" single sabers that resemble their staff counterparts.

I can already tell that dual_1 through dual_4 can be cut in half, each half looking identical. Dual_5 on the other hand might require two different saber models. And if there is one saber in which I'm requesting to be cut in half, it's this one (dual_5).

Here's hoping someone will pick this up.

Good idea.

Basically, I've found a somewhat viable technique to switch between saber styles on the fly with style. I've been able to play around with the saber files so that we can link saber staff hilts to act as as a single bladed saber (I'm talking about the ability to use light, medium, and heavy stances with full assortment of acrobatic moves) -- so we can switch between single saber styles and staff style seemlessly since we're using the same hilts. You can read about the whole technique HERE.

The problem comes with switching to and from two-handed saber style. There currently is no single saber hilt that resembles their staff counterparts, split in half, I mean. So when we switch from staff to dual, we're forced to use a different set of hilts, which kind of ruins the effect. What would be ideal is if we could "cut" the saber staff hilts in half and have them selectable as single sabers so we could complete the desired effect. That's the only piece to the puzzle we need to fit in here, and we've really got it (as far as non game modifications go).

So that's my cause. I hope someone can help us out in this regard.

Archived