Jeff 42

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by dyehead

I like the cut of your gib, rumor!

Down with Al the 8 legged freak!

g0g0 gadget patch! Bring back kick! <3 Raven

haha. i haven't laughed so hard today since i heard what made cloud9 (a top q3 clan which has been in existance for 7 years) break up just this afternoon.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks

We're allowed to say whatever changes we want to see in the game, and you can't do a thing about it. How do you think patches are made? Half of it is from crisitism from the community. Oh, its been five days since I got the game, thats more than long enough.

Yeah, and gameplay changing patches is what ruins games - 1.03 JO - 'nuff said.

Sure, there's plenty I dislike about JA, gameplay wise. But it is their game in any case. The only thing they need to "fix" are any serious bugs, crashes, and exploits (like the 1 hit kill lightning and kicks). Anything that is not intentional for gameplay.

Now, if this delay from scope zoom isn't intended, it should be fixed. But for one thing, maybe it's just you. I haven't noticed any problems with the disruptor rifle.

1.04 has the best physics.

The un nerfed roll, the smooth player animation.

04 also had a properly working push/pull system.

By ravens own admission in the read me for 1.04, the previous patch's push/pull system was messed up.

a level 3 user was supposed to be immune to falling when pushed/pulled by a user with a lower level of push/pull but we all know that having level 3 would still get you ripped off your feet at times it should not have.

Not to mention that stupid "jump up after a pull down and freeze in place for 2-3 seconds" bug.

I admit I liked the pace and speed and dangerous nature of 03 but as far as physics and mechanics go, it really was flawed and unrefined.

Take 1.04, set the damage scales on par with 1.02, remove the restrictions on the “air lunge”, set back stab damage as it was in 1.03 (but keep the properly fixed pull/push system of 04) and give light siders the old 1.02 self heal back and you have an amazingly balanced and kick ass game with an incredibly fast pace.

Originally posted by idontlikegeorge

Yeah, and gameplay changing patches is what ruins games - 1.03 JO - 'nuff said.

Oh please. You use one example to try to prove the sweeping generalization that gameplay changing patches ruin games. Sure, 1.03 sucked, but on the other hand, I personally think 1.04 is the best version of JK2 - and regardless of what happened with JK2, all sorts of other games have had gameplay altering patches and weren't ruined.

Spider Al seems to be a Status quo junky so if you want changes you would do best to simply ignore him instead of b!tching back and forth at eachother.

I would like the following

1- Give me back my ability to kick

2- Reduce saber defense. I really hate the all special all the time game this moronic defense system creates. Unlike JO please do't nerf the specials when the defense is the problem thanks.

I never noticed this with the Disruptor, but I'll go check it out and see.

I know the gun is still as powerful as ever (although heavy lag can make it less useful), but I'll see if it indeed does what you say...

As to the saber defense, there is already the console commands to increase blocking, why don't you use those? You can also increase saber damage, and limit force powers. What's the problem?

Good post, idontlikegeorge.

Rumor first:

my god spider, you really do have comprehension problems.

THE ISSUE IS NOT BUGS. IT IS THE LACK OF PLAYABILITY.

Heheheh. I've been saying for about five million posts now that a patch with gameplay alterations shouldn't be brought out. Looks like you're the one with "comprehension problems".

i'm done being overly civil with obnoxious trolls who think they have god given power and the god given mission to stop anything they don't agree with.
And I'm tired of childish flamers who think they have the god given power to change any aspect of the game that they don't like, regardless of how that change may affect others.

It's selfish and immature. It's indefensible.

And calling people you don't agree with "trolls" is even more immature.

and we did not come here to debate with you.
Apparently you came here to force your badly presented and inherently selfish views on others. It's not going to be that easy...

do you have [RAVEN] in your name somewhere? no? then stfu.
Ahahaha. How mature. You really are a pleasant fellow. The fact that I am not currently employed by Raven studios is entirely irrelevant. If I took up your style of post, I might say to you: "YOU WANT TO CHNAGE TEH GAEM? DO U HAEV RAVEN NEXT TO UR NA<E? NO?> THEN STFU LAMOR NOOB!!!11"

But I'm better than that, hopefully.

again WE ARE NOT HERE TO DEBATE.
You don't get to talk a lot of selfish rubbish about how Raven and the community owes you an insta-patch which might very well damage the game for all, without some debate. Sorry to burst your bubble.

and yes you were critiqueing people's posts. you inflated your e-strapon about how you don't use acronyms, etc.
Haven't done anything of the sort. And I use acronyms. What are you on about? Strapon? You've been watching too many dodgy movies...

Jeff 42:

Oh please. You use one example to try to prove the sweeping generalization that gameplay changing patches ruin games.
Heh heh, as you well know Jeff, for I have posted such, there are many examples. Ask the tribes community. Ask CS players. Ask UT players. The list is endless. But 1.03 is a good example.

The fact that you liked 1.04 is irrelevant, because 1.04 was a patch designed to CORRECT flaws that the premature patch, 1.03, brought in. 1.03 was released too soon, and by a dev company too attentive to loud whiners on these forums.

Destino:

Spider Al seems to be a Status quo junky
Ugh. Maybe you think 1.03 was the best thing since sliced bread, but I'm afraid it was ill-advised, premature and it alienated HUGE portions of the competitive communtity. I hope it isn't repeated.

Originally posted by Spider AL

Destino:

Ugh. Maybe you think 1.03 was the best thing since sliced bread, but I'm afraid it was ill-advised, premature and it alienated HUGE portions of the competitive communtity. I hope it isn't repeated.

I agree that the original JO was much better then what it became following the patches. I also agree that 1.03 killed large portions of the competitive community. However I see JA as having the same problems and thus not encouraging the real gamers to return.

If another patch is made then it should not be a nerfing patch like 1.03 and 1.04 but instead a patch that adds things that are seen as needed to improve gameplay.

yes I realise I am a idealistic nut job for thinking Raven will do such a wonderful thing without screwing everything up. But as they say, hope springs eternal.

yes I realise I am a idealistic nut job for thinking Raven will do such a wonderful thing without screwing everything up. But as they say, hope springs eternal.
Overpowering a move is as bad as nerfing other moves. BALANCE is the ever unattainable goal. It can't be realistically attained, but it can be striven for, and 1.03 was more imbalanced than 1.02.

As for Raven, they did what the community ASKED of them. The people who asked didn't know that their requests would ruin the game, probably. They just didn't care that their ill advised and hasty requests could have side effects.

LIKE THE PEOPLE YOU'VE BEEN DEFENDING. Honestly, you people... so blind.

I don't get why people argue so. Spider, I must congratulate you for standing your ground with mature responses and flameless posts. If the community was more like this then we would get patches that work, and answers to problems we thought were unsolvable. The game is fine as it is and until I see every single person agreeing that something is wrong and needs a patch. I see a lot of people complain about there tactic being taken away, but people, I guarantee there is a way.

And your wrong, Rumor. This IS the place for depating.

I think some people have some unrealistic expectations.

They want JA to be identical to JK2.

They want JA to be a totally new game that is a revolutionary jump forward from JK2.

They want the entire JK2 community to instantly be transplanted to JA on day one (again, the full version has only been available worldwide for about 3 days, the US for 5 days).

They JA to be 100% balanced and bug free.

They want JA to be balanced how they want it (ie: they want certain moves more powerful, others nerfed, some removed, others added, etc). Everybody wants something different...

They want the community to cater to their whims (be all honorable, be all competative, play the gametypes they want, use the moves they want, play in the style they want, share the same opinons they do, etc).

Once we realize that these expectations make no more sense applying to JA as they did to JK2, hopefully we can move on and just enjoy the game or stop whining and play something else more to our liking (or start modding the game to something we prefer).

While the JK2 patches did change parts of gameplay that caused players aggravation, it did also do some good. It fixed exploits and bugs that were damaging to gameplay enjoyment. 1.04 added features (in the console) which were also very welcome and not present or stable in 1.02. So that patches were not all bad, but I agree that some parts should have been "gotten right" right off the bat and the people who whined for certain things probably should have been ignored. But as we all know, hindsight is 20/20, and I'm sure at the time it seemed like the right thing to do to Raven/LA.

Well I tested it out and I honestly couldn't see this "nerfing."

I fire a fully charged shot and then immediately switch out and I can leap around with my saber just like in JK2.

The only time I noticed anything close to a delay was in Siege Mode, when playing as a Mercenary Scout (who starts with the Disruptor). However even then it didn't seem consistent, so perhaps it was an intentional "balancing feature."

Was that right? Or is this delay only after making a kill with the gun?

I could test some more, but I think perhaps its just people's imagination running wild or lag (as I said before, lag makes it harder to hit anybody, with the Disruptor or any gun).

Debate is fine, but it has to be constructive. No flaming or personal attacks. Bugs are either there are they aren't, gameplay is something people can argue about till the cows come home if they want to, but in the end it won't matter unless there's a patch (and there will be always people who won't be satisfied even then) or you make a mod that caters to your whims...

I want to see the game fairly balanced. You get a lot more health per force for Lvl3 Draining someone that from Lvl3 Healing yourself.... Plus you are taking force from them with drain... that needs to be fixed... a lot needs too be balanced.. nothing overly powerful without big drawbacks, nothing overly weak without big plusses... (i.e. blue is fast, but you can block practically all blaster fire... etc... like that...)

K, read this thread, spider didnt say anything wrong of flame no one till you guys started raggin on him. And even still, hes bein pretty damn civil.

Im so sick an tired of all the bloody "elite" players sayin "we can say whatever we want(ahem, jarjar)" and then followin it up with "oh you have no place in this thread(ahem, rumor)" . The forums are for debate, meaning anyone can post their opinion wherever the hell they want.

You got a beef with the game, fine, whatever, post your damn opinion, but when the casual gamers speek up and dont want to see your changes, you should show a little curtosy and treat them with a little respect

Excuse us if we have a life and dont enjoy playin 24 7 and bustin out on competative ladders. We still have the right to play the game, and to post on this forum in whatever freakin thread we want.

And anyways, i tried the sniper thing, i didnt find much of a diff from JO.

Overpowering a move is as bad as nerfing other moves. BALANCE is the ever unattainable goal. It can't be realistically attained, but it can be striven for, and 1.03 was more imbalanced than 1.02.

As for Raven, they did what the community ASKED of them. The people who asked didn't know that their requests would ruin the game, probably. They just didn't care that their ill advised and hasty requests could have side effects.

LIKE THE PEOPLE YOU'VE BEEN DEFENDING. Honestly, you people... so blind.

so blind? do you really think that we are dumb enough to not thing about what it would do to the game? do you see us whining about getting owned and how x feature is ruining the game? no. we found an imbalance which could destory a large COMMUNITY and we are trying to bring it to RAVEN's attention. YOU are the one that is blind. we thought everything through before we even spoke up. and since you guys know so much about s/o ctf, show us how damn good you are or shut the **** up. do you see me saying that "gunz r 4 n00bz get some skillz u lamerz" or "NF IZ 4 LOZARS WHO CANT HANDLE MANAGING DER FORZ POWERZ!"? no, you don't. we thought through every solution to OUR (notice our, not yours. if it isnt your problem then why are you still here? oh yeah, trolls, my bad) problem in respect to everyone else's gametype/play method, and this is what would suit us ALL.

THE OPTION TO TURN IT ON FOR OUR SERVERS, BUT HAVE IT OFF BY DEFAULT SINCE EVERYONE ELSE THINKS ITS "LAME" AND "TAKES NO SKILL"

Posted by JarJar Binks

We're allowed to say whatever changes we want to see in the game, and you can't do a thing about it.

Posted by Spider AL

Incorrect actually.

Posted by cheeto101

K, read this thread, spider didnt say anything wrong of flame no one till you guys started raggin on him. And even still, hes bein pretty damn civil.

Im so sick an tired of all the bloody "elite" players sayin "we can say whatever we want(ahem, jarjar)" and then followin it up with "oh you have no place in this thread(ahem, rumor)" . The forums are for debate, meaning anyone can post their opinion wherever the hell they want.

It seems Cheeto, that spider AL would do well with that lesson himself. Please direct it at him as well.

Originally posted by cheeto101

You got a beef with the game, fine, whatever, post your damn opinion, but when the casual gamers speek up and dont want to see your changes, you should show a little curtosy and treat them with a little respect

Excuse us if we have a life and dont enjoy playin 24 7 and bustin out on competative ladders. We still have the right to play the game, and to post on this forum in whatever freakin thread we want.

And anyways, i tried the sniper thing, i didnt find much of a diff from JO.

we didn't get curt with them till they started bashing on us. the "we have no life" **** is about old. most of us have jobs, school, girlfriends/wives, not to mention doing **** with our friends. no life? i doubt that.

and spider is being totally civil?

no more than walking up to us and slapping us in the face with his glove and demanding we duel him with hounour at daybreak the next day.

Quite so cheeto101, Kurgan.

Rumor:

and spider is being totally civil?
He didn't say I was being totally civil. Just pretty civil considering all the rot you've been posting, insulting, presumably just to try to get a rise out of me. Frankly I'm shocked at my OWN self-control. Woot. :D

so blind? do you really think that we are dumb enough to not thing about what it would do to the game?
Since I've TOLD you what it might do to the community, I know you know. So now I just think that you don't care. Wait six months, make a mod, or ask for one single patch with one single gameplay change that will only be an option in Sabres-Only CTF, none other and NO OTHER GAMEPLAY CHANGES AT ALL. Those are the three options I can see that may not harm the total community. If I were you, I'd take one of them, and cease demanding an insta-gameplay-patch. It can only be damaging.

and since you guys know so much about s/o ctf, show us how damn good you are or shut the **** up.
Shut the four-star up, eh? How mature you are. Nobody who's disagreeing with you has tried to tell you ANYTHING about NG CTF, and yet you and others are still coming out with things like this, things that amount to: "WE PLAY THE TRUE GAME BETTER THAN YOU SO STFU NOOB". It's appalingly childish.

Ah, and Smood's oozed in. Hello Smood, I remember you. You're one of the people who tried to ruin JO the way these people are trying to ruin JA, aren't you? You'll not get a rise out of me by quoting portions of my replies to flames out of context. Better luck next time. ;)

Originally posted by Kurgan

Well I tested it out and I honestly couldn't see this "nerfing."

I fire a fully charged shot and then immediately switch out and I can leap around with my saber just like in JK2.

The only time I noticed anything close to a delay was in Siege Mode, when playing as a Mercenary Scout (who starts with the Disruptor). However even then it didn't seem consistent, so perhaps it was an intentional "balancing feature."

Was that right? Or is this delay only after making a kill with the gun?

I'm not sure what to tell you other than that you're wrong. There is definitely a delay after you fire a charged shot before you can do anything else. I'm not sure if it's always a consistent amount of time; it seems to be between .5 and 1 second. I know it's not just me experiencing this because a lot of other people have said the same thing.

Ah, and Smood's oozed in. Hello Smood, I remember you. You're one of the people who tried to ruin JO the way these people are trying to ruin JA, aren't you? You'll not get a rise out of me by quoting portions of my replies to flames out of context. Better luck next time. ;)

Hahaha. Actually I just played the game with the ghoul2 cvar. That was my only desire, and I was forced to play on my own server with it on.

You are quick to judge, and believe you are absolute and always correct. As if some being of yours is higher then all others and can give truth to the true resolution. Although you have a strong standpoint, you fail to see the POTENTIALLY positive standpoints of others.

Archived