Home

Can anyone convert JEDICOUNCILGC?

Master William

It's easy to convert any map accually as long as you have the Jedi Outcast textures converted...Just open your Jedi Outcast assets0.pk3 with winzip (make sure its set to winzip classic, not wizard), right click on the window, check by Path, now select anything in textures/ and extract to C:\textures. Now go to C:\, right click on the textures folder and go to Winzip > Add to textures.zip, it should make a new .zip right there, now rename textures.zip to JOtextures.pk3 and put it in your Jedi Academy folder/GameData/base and you should be able to use pretty much any custom map just by putting the custom map.pk3 in your Jedi Academy folder/GameData/base folder like in Jedi Outcast.

Ok then, you're gonna need to get somebody to convert the textures then upload it to a website so you can download it, because the textures are 120 mb. Unless the map you want converted it made up entirely of custom textures, you're going to NEED to get the JO textures. If it IS made up entirly of custom textures, you should just be able to put the .pk3 in your Jedi Academy folder/GameData/base folder.

I dont wanna bother doing all that

I just put the PK3 over to my base folder, and when I try to load map, it shows an error that goes something like ''Error: 7 file sets missing!''

What's this?!

JarJarBinks already explained why this would happen when trying to use a map WITHOUT all custom textures. The map you are dealing with uses some of the stock JO textures which are NOT included in JA. Unless you extract those textures and put them in your JA base folder, the map will not work properly.

Why don't you try tracking down the map's author? Ask him to release a version for JA.

Archived