Home

Force power vastly improved

Doug Thompson

The biggest change in the game is the vastly improved force power system.

Being able to tailor your force "arsenal" is a very big change from Jedi Outcast. That alone is a good argument against the "overpriced expansion pack" allegation.

Is there anyone who doesn't prefer the new system?

Also, it seems that force power recharges itself much, much faster. Haven't timed it, though.

Use of the force is encouraged by the design in subtle ways, too.

For instance, what do you do when you run into two "pumped up" stormtroopers with concussion rifles?

Mind trick one, then kill the survivor.:D

In Outcast, mind-tricking one storm trooper out of a half-dozen, with all of them being bad shots, was more of a hassle than it was worth.

Also, look at how dark jedi are often "teamed." One uses force power, the other carries a saber. You have to develop your force powers and know how to use them just to survive.

The force is much more an integral part of the game than Outcast, where you could tell some contrived situations were stuck in just so you'd have to use mind-trick, for instance.

put our backs aganst the walls and grab onto ledgds, I'd wet my pants

someone has been playing splinter cell?

personally id like a game with the engine or same gameplay mechanics of jedi knight but with a long involved galaxy hoping story line along the lines of the globe hopping story line in Deus Ex...

i dont like games like final fantasy anymore so KOTOR wont do.

Archived