Home

Mommy, Why Must the ****** Die ?! (**Character Spoilers**)

Astrotoy7

Ok, all you SW EU fans ! Everyone no doubt thought it was cool to see the Noghri in JA ! I always feel safer for Leia(in the novels of course) when it mentions them being nearby her... :p It is also cool how they like to call her "Lady Vader"

So, it was a bit sad for this EU fan to encounter Noghri who weren't 100% friendly, and yes I had to slice a few who were shooting at me. I guess JA is set before when Leia saved their planet and accepted the honour guard..........??

I can't fully remember back to when I read the Thrawn trilogy, but was Yalara(the plant in the game) the planet they were from............???

Many SW fans I'm sure are having a GREAT time playing this game !

MTFBWYA !!

It actually mentions somewhere (can't remember at which point) that Vader sent these Noghri to this particular planet to guard the device. So it makes sense that if they are 100% loyal to Vader, and knew nothing of his ultimate demise, that they would continue to follow his order to protect the device to the bitter end.

The only thing that really puzzled me was that if Vader knew about the device on the planet...why didn't he simply hand it over to the Empire so they could use it - like for the Deathstar? That didn't make much sense to me...

Originally posted by StormHammer

The only thing that really puzzled me was that if Vader knew about the device on the planet...why didn't he simply hand it over to the Empire so they could use it - like for the Deathstar? That didn't make much sense to me...

Yeah, that puzzled me too, I mean, if the Empire had that with the Death Star, they would have been invincible. I guess it sucks to be a forgetful old man;)

Honoghr ! That's right !! Hmm, I'm sure Yalara is in the EU somewhere...maybe someone knows.........

as for Master William !!

Besides, EU are not a part of Star Wars.

No one wants to get into a "What is EU/Canon?" and "George Lucas said" argument here ! :) If you're up for one of those scraps though, feel free to jump into the EU thread at Theforce.net !!

The novels I refer to are definitely EU, and the noghri are creatures that first appeared in the "Thrawn Trilogy" novels which were the first novels written that were set *after* Return of the Jedi. If you are a Star Wars fan, than you will love the EU novels !!! Check 'em out !!

MTFBWYA !!

Maybe Vader found the device after the 1st Death Star was destroyed. Maybe there wouldn't be time to get the device integrated into the 2nd Death Star according to the Emporer's time table. (Historically speaking, Hitler, a real-life world tyranical bonehead, overrode some of the wiser decisions of his underlings)

See? It all makes sense!

Originally posted by emperorshand

i thought the strangest part was how little they resembled what Zahn had described in his novels.. i mean, look at them in the game, and then check out the EU databank entry.. i see little to no resemblence.. i was dissapointed when i found out those were suppossed to be Noghri

http://www.starwars.com/databank/species/noghri/eu.html

Yeah, Zahn said that they were very small. And everyone i mixing up their appearance. Who knows what they really look like? (In a picture)

Where do I find these ''novels''?

Yes Master William,

The "Thrawn Trilogy" are three excellent star wars books(novels). They were also adapted to an excellent comic book version. If you want to know more http://www.Theforce.net books section has nice reviews. Seeing you are from Sweden, I'm not 100% sure they would have a swedish translation, but if your english is fair, you'll get through the books ok, they are not shakespeare !

As for buying them, you could easily get them online, try amazon, even amazon UK, you'll have no problems tracking them down !

MTFBWYA

i thought the strangest part was how little they resembled what Zahn had described in his novels..

Yeah, they weren't too far off what I imagined them as. Yes in the game they appeared blue more than grey, and stood firm upright. I visualised them from the comic adaptation depiction(which Zahn also wrote), they look not too disimlar to their portraits in the MP game, but were more hunched forward, and of course shorter.

It was cool to see them nonethless...

For the ultimate EU gaming fix though, all we need is a New Jedi Order game don't we............? :p

MTFBWYA

a NJO game... i think that would be a great idea.. i think Mara Jade needs her own game, and not just some old expansion pack..

unlike some, for the most part ive enjoyed the NJO series.. but cant wait for Survivor's Quest, Zahn's post NJO novel.. (feb 04')

is there any question that Zahn and Stackpole are the essential EU authors..

Well, I've read the books where the Noghri appeared...and just read that databank article. It has to be said...the Noghri in the game don't look much like their description. They are supposed to be stealthy bodyguard/assassins...yet they are all standing around in the open. They're supposed to be Jawa size, but they're human sized instead...and they're definitely blue instead of grey.

I think the problem here is that they looked at the way the Noghri were designed in MotS...which was way off base...

Maybe someone could come up with a mod to make them seem more like their description.

As for the NJO...no thanks. That would make me stop buying any more games in this series. :|

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

No one wants to get into a "What is EU/Canon?" and "George Lucas said" argument here ! :) If you're up for one of those scraps though, feel free to jump into the EU thread at Theforce.net !!

You're right, but I feel two points must be made before we can go on. First, Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy is part of the Expanded Universe. Second, George Lucas lost his mind some time in the mid '90s, if not before. He's kind like Howard Hughes in that, and Jar Jar is kind of like his Spruce Goose: That **** is never going to fly, no matter how much he tries to rationalize it.

Back to the game, it's really about time someone included these guys somewhere. Noghri rock, I loved Zahn's trilogy. I too am puzzled by this large cloaking devise and Vader's knowledge of it. But it kind of makes sense that he would keep it from ol' Sidious. He was plotting to overthrow the guy and take over with his son by his side. It's just that Luke had other plans, and so did the Emperor. Also, it's possible the cloak could not be used on the Death Star because of some technical reason that makes no sense and can't be logically explained. I mean, isn't that par for the course with Star Wars?

Stormhammer ! I love your avatar, that is my one and only Jaden !!

As for the NJO...no thanks. That would make me stop buying any more games in this series. :|

Well it sorta makes sense that you wouldn't be into any NJO games, if you love JO and JA(and even their predecessors), it would be hard to stomach seeing the poor remnant getting tarred and feathered by the Vong, and grovelling to Skywalker and co. for help. :p Why the "Remnant" are 'remaining' bewilders me, the emp is dead, they should come up with a groovier name for themselves.... Like "Da Insane Buckethead Posse"....

But I have to mention one particular NJO book, called 'Traitor', its damn remarkable in that it centres around just TWO characters for most of the book, but keeps you glued from cover to cover !!

Kyle Katarn's name has popped up occasionally in the NJO series, I hope he has a new wardrobe 25+ years post ANH !!!!!!! That brown outfit SUX :p

In reference to a post JA game, as much as I love slicing stormies, it is sorta tiresome to think that all we have to look forward to are 'mischievous remnant' and 'wannabee sith lord' story arcs, I loved JA, but I hope the next game(if there is one) tries to be a bit more daring in terms of storyline.

Also, as indicated my EmperorsHand

i think Mara Jade needs her own game, and not just some old expansion pack..

Yeah, I love Ms Jade/Mrs Skywalker. I've even met Shannon Baksa when I was over in the US attending a comic con ! There was a cool Jade skin that I used in MP. And I havent played MOTS in *years* !!!! Mara was also in the PSX title "Masters of Teras Kasi" which is fun in a very silly kind of way......

Which ever way you look at it, I think it is an exciting time to be a SW gamer

**Resumes looking forward to KOTOR PC! **

MTFBWYA !!!!!!

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

**Resumes looking forward to KOTOR PC! **

im also an xbox gamer, and i must say... KOTOR is the best SW game ive ever played.. i wish it had a little more replay value then it did.. but ive still played it through at least 2/3 times on both light and dark jedi.. and its a great story!

Archived