Home

not seeing all available servers?

m_skywalker

Originally posted by Lord Sokar

Right now, it's a crap shoot and there doesn't seem to be much we can do about it except hope for the best.

I understand your frustration. I was wondering why I was paying for a server no one came to, now I'm having a problem getting in my damn self.

If your server is really that busy (and congratulations if it is!), add

seta sv_PrivateClients "1"

seta sv_PrivatePassword "yourpassword"

to your server.cfg file. That way your server will allow 15 players with one reserved 16th slot for you or anyone you give the password to. Select your server (I assume it's in your Favorites), click the Password label in the lower left corner of the screen, enter the password, click Done, then Join as usual. That way you will always be able to get into your server, even when it is "full".

Thought about it, but it will force me to 'wander out' into the open net and play other servers until mine is available. No biggy.

BTW. At the moment, both our servers are shown, unless you use the filter and select 'Jedi Academy' for game and FFA for game type.

You gotta love this crap.

*beats drum some more*

More of the exact same problem here. My server (Ascending Force Siege) is up and sending heartbeats. Yet it simply will not appear on the in-game server list, or in Game Spy Arcade. Only appears if I access through favorites, exactly as others have described above.

There is a shortage of Siege servers!

C'mon Raven/LEC! Provide more support to the admins who run your game at their hardware and bandwidth expense.

Archived