Home

UK & European Release date. More information

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

As you know, Star Wars: Galaxies will be coming to the UK on October 31st then on November 7th to most other European countries.

Haden Blackman, producer of the game has posted further information on the release and what you can expect to see.

Okay, at long last, here's some more information on the European launch. First, it's important to note that we're not yet offering a fully translated version of the game. Instead, we're translating the box, manual, and other materials, and setting up some European servers. This will allow anyone in Europe to play on a server that is closer to their point of origin, presumably with players from the same general region, but all in-game text will still be in English. Now, to your questions...

Q. Can we transfer characters from an existing server to a new European server?

A. Not at this time, but this is something we want to do in the future.

Q. How many new servers will you open?

A. It will depend entirely upon the demand. We're prepared to open as many new servers necessary.

Q. Will the European version allow connection to US servers and vice versa?

A. Yes. Once you install, you can technically play on any server you want. However, as with the North American servers, each server will be isolated, in that players on Server A can't interact with players on Server B.

Q. What about other markets (Australia, Asia, etc.)?

A. We're still finalizing our plans for the rest of the world. We've always planned to roll Star Wars Galaxies out in stages, which allows us to focus all of our energies on one launch at a time.

Q. Will there be any features or art assets unique to the European version?

A. Not at this time. We have not changed the game in any way; we're just now making it officially available in Europe, providing translated materials, and servers that are closer to home, wherever that might be. In the future, we may offer specific events for some servers, based on local requests.

Q. Will the European servers lag behind the North American servers in terms of updates?

A. No. When the service launches in Europe, it will have all the content that the North American servers have at that time. Ongoing updates will occur within a matter of hours of one another.

I'm still working on gathering some specific information about payment methods, etc., so look for another post within the next few days. I'll also field any questions I can here.

Haden Blackman

LucasArts Producer

If anyone else has any questions, I will do my best to put them to Haden when i am next in contact with Lucasarts.

DMUK

i am going to be really nasty and try and pick a date for the australian release out of you!!!

i know you said you were finalising the plans but i was just asking if australia was still a part of the plans. i have heard romours that it isn't going to be released in australia, so i thought i would check.

...thanks for your time.

porkins.

Hi,

I work for a computer game store in the UK (not going to name which one). I was speaking to a Activison Rep who is dealing with the SWG launch and she was under the impression that any one with a US version will not be able to use the Europe Servers and vice versa. And she also disagreed with the transfer of server business.

Any more advice would be fantastic as i would love to also play the UK version against people who buy the game from me and I will be able to show them around and help them out.

I will still keep myself on the US servers as well as i have meet some greet people out there in USA, Canada and other countries around the world.

We need to keep this a worldwide game where we all can play together if chosen instead of out casting others.

Many thanks

Originally posted by Tedosc

Uk release slipped to 7th november 03

Can anyone confirm this?

various websites have adjusted release dates to the 7th Nov but some still remain the 31st Oct. Asked in local store who also claim its the 31st Oct (contray to their website...).

Has been no official word on it, i was (and still am) under the impression UK release and a few other european contries will be seeing it on the 31st then the 'rest of europe' will get it a week later, on the 7th Nov.

From Shug_Ninx on the Forums

"The European launch is still moving ahead full-speed! We have had a few glitches with printing on the German and French versions, but all versions should be out by mid-November. Here are the current dates we're targetting:

UK, Spanish, and Italian versions: 11/7

German version: 11/11

French: 11/14

As noted previously, the European versions will have translated manuals and other materials, but the in-game text will still be in English. We will be providing European servers located in the UK.

If anything changes, I'll let you know."

*sigh*

Marcus.

I have a question about payments, will they accept Switch or will they be releasing game cards in Europe?

And if they do release game cards, do I still need a creditcard to register (like Earth and Beyond)? If so I guess I won't be playing it, no one I know and trust enough to ask has a credit card.

Lord Angelus

Wow

thank you for keeping the servers together Us and Uk, ive just set up a new char on Farstar, but isnt a strange thing having the whole world starting from scratch, no masters, no resources etc.

im so happy now i can play with both my US friends and my UK friends : )

Archived