Home

SWG Morals; Do They Exist?

Goose_Of_Mercy

Well I have just been a victim, a victim of Poison Rape. Now I know what your thinking stop bitchin you rebel! But it's not them poisoning me and then me smaking their ass up for doing it but for them go incapped, killing me(-28FP for me and +28FP for them), and poisoning my corpse which goes over to my new body. Hmm, lame?

I have a few problems with this:

Why do they keep a TEF for us after they die, but we don't keep one?

How do you poison a dead body and then it goes over to a new body even though you drop all stasis, bonuses, negatives to stats?

Do people have morals?

And one question have any imperials had this problem, I have only heard of/seen imperials doing it and it is almost constant every night with imperials from SG and TIO switching.

BTW: Poison Rape is where a person throws a poison on you b.c they have a tef on you, they are usually smugglers so they don't lose too much FP for dieing.

~SK~

I havn't had too much trouble keeping a code of conduct in our war with the Imperials. They usually stick to non-spam tactics, but since every imp has an AT-ST you can always find an imp who just wants to kill with it and not get touched. We always make those F*ers pay. First to die and now we are getting proficient at taking down AT-STs. We left one standing for less than 20 seconds the other day. And we left the imp going "OH S***!" well...we didn't leave him...we DBed him...but still.

The only real violation of the code of conduct is when they placed mines outside a nuetral person's vendor to keep business in their megastore. They're gonna pay for that soon tho...cause the boy they messed with was the best Weaponsmith on Corellia and he is one pissed off dude.

And the poison thing...that goes both ways. We've got ALOT of combat meds and docs in our PA and we poison anything we face. But that's always why there is an antidote.

I try to have morals, for instance when I'm overt in a starport and see another of the opposite faction port in overt as well I wait till they begin to move before I kill them so I know they were logged in all the way. sometimes this gets me killed though if they pull out their at-st before they move then I'm in trouble :(

Could be worse my friend, could be worse.

Use enhance Ds

Get smacked up by a few flamethrowers.

Die and clone.

Your enhance goes away, and you can't get up because you're negative wounds.

Only one fix. A Doctor needs to drag you to the doorway. Pull out his droid, and heal you from there.

Good luck finding a Doctor on Dathomir.

However, both sides are using those kind of tactics. We can thank TIO, FATAL, TRNTY and AdAmS for that. Some of the best ROE violators in the game. Don't let any of them fool you, I saw both sides with these tags using crud liike this before TIO made their declaration about the ROE.

I understand your complaint. However, you must remember. This game is somewhat like a normal society. No matter where you go you are going to find people that act a certain way and do certain things. It's just like real life, you have the cool people, the honorable, and the @ssholes. It's just the way things go in life. The only advice I can give is to get used to it. I know when you read that, it sounds harsh. I didn't mean it in a harsh manner though. It's just facts. Even though it sucks, that's just the way it is.

Guest DarthMaulUK

This is happening on Eclispe with Mimi.

She poisons five or six people, gets killed and deathblown and for the -15 points she gets, she picks up +15x5 or 6!

Ive fallen foul to this alot and now you find that Medics won't heal you because of TEF. On the official forums there's alot of unhappy people going on about this.

Its making alot of people log out

DMUK

/chuckle

No one goes down to poison while I'm still standing. However, flames are really starting to piss me off. Nothing you can do to put yourself out. Disease and poison are nothing compared to flames. At least poison and disease cause minimal wounding. I killed three Rebels last night in Theed, but died shortly after due to three incaps from the flames, after the rebs were already done. I couldn't heal myself as fast as the damage was happenning. For a Doctor at 2,4,3,2, thats a big statement.

If you can, jump in the lake next time

Actually, yes this does work and fire does hurt, just jump into some water and you are fine.

Ok here is an interesting, not necessarily lame tactic:

SG attacked last night (11pm-4am) they used a house deed and built a house using it as a safe haven just outside the reb outpost. Interesting tactics, we couldn't shoot in they couldn't shoot out. Edventually we overcame their numbers. Also some master doctor/combat medic was mass poisoning everyone in the cantina which is fine since.

I also found out melee is actually extremely powerful in PvP combat with a large amount of people, people don't see me comming then bam they are DBed.

Anyway tonight gave me respect for imperials tactically as they had this well planned and were pre-buffed.

~SK~

Could be worse my friend, could be worse.

Could be worse, could be stabbed! :)

Monty Python: Life of Brian

One glitch I think they fixed is shooting through walls. When TIO camped in the Moenia Med Center they went on the top floor and shot through the floor at the overt rebs getting heals on the bottom.

screw the morals, i've been killed so many times by rebels while transporting overt i've said screw it and i'll be just like them and kill them while they're still loading.

A few nights ago a rebel ran into bestin overt and i was overt so i chased him into the capitol building to find him LDed, i guess he thought the LD would of gotten him out of any trouble, so i killed him and walked off like nothing had happened

The problem is that people keep pissing off other people which makes them want to do something to a reb/imp and piss them off thus continuing the circle. Possibly they could make non TEF when you are logged/loading...etc. and also not be able to attack for lets say 30 seconds? People could be able to go from town to town much easier.

At the reb outpost SG (Big Imperial PA on Starsider) pretty much taken over. One guy Draacco does the poison tef and then runs up the tower on the left side of the base and he some how falls through the tower so he can't be attacked. It kinda pisses me off that people are so frustrated about not being uber or not being able to cheat that they have to exploit the game as much as posssible.

~SK~

Let me share a brief recap that I posted on my PAs forums:

(These events occurred mostly during our Moenia raid Friday night)

Noldat and Echo:

Noldat and I argued for quite a bit on the official forums regarding his PAs disregard of the ROE. In fact, we have argued through tells as well. What I discovered last night, was the reason we were arguing. Noldat apparently seems to think that the following are not dishonorable according to those rules of engagement:

1) Clone camping.

2) Cantina and Med center raiding.

3) Corpse poisoning.

Also, Noldat killed a particular interest of mine, so you could say I now have a personal vendetta against this guy. That is besides the point however. This guy pulls his holier than though crap on me only to get extremely pissed when I catch him in the act of breaking the ROE he stated on the boards that his organization follows expressly. lol He even had the nerve to call me a hypocrate. Moron. In any event. I want his ass toast and I want screenies.

Exyll and the compliment:

I know this caught Kimbak off guard, so let me explain this. Exyll (An overt Rebel with NYC) was in the cantina. I ordered everyone expressly not to attack him, as I am a firm upholder of the ROE. We sat there throwing insults at one another, but none of us fired. He then left and was killed outside by Sayge' with his flamethrower. lol

He sent me a tell just as Noldat and his crew stormed the cantina and fried me. Apparently, he had enhancements and the flamer put him to negative damage and he couldn't get up after cloning. As some of you saw previously, I went through this on Endor just a few days prior, so I felt obliged to aid him. He gave me consent and I tried dragging him to the door way to heal his wounds. Unfortunately, every time I tried to drag him, he hopped to a different clone pod. However, he saw my attempt, and was more than grateful I was even willing to try. This my friends is how we make ourselves known as an honorable organization. Yes, perhaps I tried to aid a Rebel. However, you would want a Rebel to do the same for you if your gaming experience was in jeopardy. Also, Exyll told off Noldat for me because Noldat stormed the Clone facility as I was trying to aid him. In fact, I died still trying to drag Exyll out of the cloner.

Basically, I just want you all to know, I don't talk a big game when it comes to honor, I hold myself to the same standard that I hold each and every one of you to. It is most unfortunate that certain individuals do not or have not understood this in the past (No names or finger pointing). Hopefully you will all come to understand my style of gameplay. I don't care if I win or lose. Losing is always a viable option. I will always do what I can to make the gaming experience of those around me enjoyable as well though. That goes for Rebels, Imperials and Neutrals. I truly hope you all understand why I do this. Exyll, as many others, will never forget the name Deft Aklin, nor will he forget DS. All because I took five minutes of my time to try and aid him. If we all do this, DS will be known as a respectable organization, unlike PAs like TIO, FATAL, Echo and TRNTY.

Archived