Home

Bizarre behaviour on JKA servers... most bizarre

Lord Sokar

Aye tis not a little amusing the immaturity of some ppl. I entered a NF/FFA Sabre Only game the other day and was late to the party with some guy already having notched up about 15 stiffs. Anyway I light up the 'ole' Blue lolly and wade into the fray. Now I'm not the most amazing player ever but this time round after about 10 minutes o slicin n dicin I find I've become the leader with about 9 kills to go. That's when the pissin 'n' moanin starts. Ged stop using the spin, Ged U F*ckin cheater, NOOB!, etc. So on and so forth! I'm sure you all know how the baby chants go.

Seriously I'd used the double saber spin about 3 times in the whole friggin match! When the conditions were right for the move. I don't spam moves as a rule anyhow since I like a little style in my games and find such tactics as spamming specials to notch up kills very boring. I could'nt give a flyin cr*p how many kills I've got as long as I've had an enjoyable fight or two. Seriously some o these apparent 1 yr olds who have obviously just graduated from suckling at their mommas tit, ought to sit down an reflect that, YES! THIS IS ONLY A GAME! and stop a blubbin an a wailin when things don't go their own way. Jesus some ppl! Why get wound up over a game? Learn to play it instead. And while they're doing that they should also go to the corner shop and purchase themselves a sense of humour, a packet of dignity and a can of manners.

Originally posted by JediTACC

I was playing a duel match... I was spectating and this guy just starts acting like a idoit, saying things like "**** usa" and "kill all the jews", then changes his name to "Adolf Hitler" (after proclaiming the dead man's "greatness"). Then he goes on to say that "this game sux! piece of ****". ALl this started after he wanted to kick a player because their "model sux!" (It was Mon Mothma). Another player and I asked if there were any other reasons, and he started his little tantrum.

I left... later found a siege sever that was hosting only 5 people- no lag, great use of teamwork, and no use of "lamer" or "You sux!"

Just goes to show that total opposites can be found in the the world of JA mulitplayer....

I think I was there too. I kicked him :)

//XIX

Originally posted by Kurgan

Guess I've been lucky, the servers I've joined (the ones that pinged well) were full of people just playing the game.

Now on this one server a couple people would spam this big long set of insult binds... a simple "stfu" and they stopped. ; )

On another server a vote began to kick some player (for no discernable reason) so I voted NO right away, and it didn't pass. They didn't try to vote kick the guy again.

I'm running my own server now, so you're welcome to join if you can find it. I'm a pretty good sport. ; )

This happens in every game, at least we can laugh about it. Enough people get mad and they start frequenting good servers and hosting their own.

What's your server IP/name?

Originally posted by Lord Sokar

^ They can use the client # to kick you by, doesn't matter about the name.

I just got my first ban. Here's the server:

HFB JA - FFA SO NF

66.98.176.173:29070

One admin, MUERTE played really, really bad. But the one that probably kicked me is VULKAN. His deal was running into a crowd of people with two sabers and doing the mouse1+mouse2 attack.

I asked how he managed to get to the top of the leaderboard being as bad as he is. Hmmm. Guess that was it.

LOL... well it wasn't me that banned you so maybe it was Vulkan, if you were in fact banned (way to go Vulk!)

For the record Vulkan could kick your ass any day of the week...trust me. He doesn't even use two sabers..he gets all his kills using the old heavy style. And why are you complaining about him jumping into a crowd of people when thats ALL you were doing?

As far as my skills go, I prefer to duel, so when there's nothing but a special-spamming mosh pit (that you are obviously fond of) I tend to keep away from them. I just don't see the fun in running into crowds of people spamming moves. It does nothing to increase my skill or enjoyment of the game. Maybe someday we'll have the pleasure to duel and you can see just how bad I am (I'm not the best, but I'm pretty damn good when I wanna be.)

You aren't fooling anyone with your "OMG!..I'm so l33t and people hate me for it" routine.

Originally posted by HFB_Muerte

LOL... well it wasn't me that banned you so maybe it was Vulkan, if you were in fact banned (way to go Vulk!)

Hey! Someone in the vicinity has replied! No, I didn't really think it was you that banned me. You only seemed like Vulkans' timid side kick.

For the record Vulkan could kick your ass any day of the week...trust me. He doesn't even use two sabers..........

Man, I don't give a damn if he was using flaming 2x4's and rocket propelled gerbels, he was whoring it just as much as anyone else (including me and 10 other people). The simple fact of the matter is I struck him down several times in the halls when he was alone and asked him how his was managing to get the high score as bad as he was one-on-one. It must have hurt his feelings or something so he banned me.

As far as my skills go........

Well... see, there you go again. Nobody here really cares about your skills whilst in a DISCUSSION forum. So it's sort of a moot point.

But don't sweat it. As soon as my IP changes, I'll stop by and we can all be friends again. Haha.

Hey! Someone in the vicinity has replied! No, I didn't really think it was you that banned me. You only seemed like Vulkans' timid side kick.

Man, I don't give a damn if he was using flaming 2x4's and rocket propelled gerbels, he was whoring it just as much as anyone else (including me and 10 other people). The simple fact of the matter is I struck him down several times in the halls when he was alone and asked him how his was managing to get the high score as bad as he was one-on-one. It must have hurt his feelings or something so he banned me.

Well... see, there you go again. Nobody here really cares about your skills whilst in a DISCUSSION forum. So it's sort of a moot point.

But don't sweat it. As soon as my IP changes, I'll stop by and we can all be friends again. Haha.

If skills aren't an issue here, then why are you insinuating how good yours are and how bad mine are?

I've known Vulkan for a loooong time and believe me when I say he wins 99% of one on one duels....he really is that good.

Face it Sokar... all you wanna do is see your name at the top of the kill list and you got pissed when you couldn't, so you started bad mouthing an admin and inferring that he sucked. You get what you deserve. At least you had the balls to admit you were being an ass.

You are the very type of player that you are complaining about in this thread. Pot - Kettle - Black. Truth hurts doesn't it?

Muerte,

I understand you're new to this forum, but please take the time to actuallly READ the thread before firing off your comments.

As I said near the BEGINNING of this thread:

It can't be that I'm 'that great' at this game.....

sigh...

:rolleyes:

This doesn't happen to me...

I went in a server, I won 3 matches in a row, but the admin(s) didn't kick me, and no one haunted me. They did sometimes, but it was only for fun, no one freaked out like a puberty kid, no body went crazy and called me a ''lamez0r d00d'' or something.

I cannot remember how many times I beat the admin but he was very nice to talk to, a nice person, he didn't kick me at all.

I added this server to favorites, and I am not telling you the IP (since it might attract lamers)

My server:

• Guns? Yup!
    Force? Yup!
    "Saber Down" rules? Nope!
    Voting? Disabled!

If that appeals to you, you're welcome to join. 24/7 dedicated t1, linux, dual-Xeon. FFA & Siege.

Oh and the only chuckleheads likely to be kicked are ill-mannered twits like JediTACC's Hitler fan.

I rarely ever respond to these kinds of threads, but you're one very interesting individual Sokar... I seriously want to know what makes you tick because after reading this thread in its entirety, I'm positively confused.

Guess to start with, I'll tell you why I finally decided to ban you. In the 45 minute span you were at our server, you managed to flame me a total of 7 times for no particular reason other than to troll, when I didn't even say a single word to you. Normally it's common courtesy to at least introduce yourself: Hello, I'm Sokar and I HATE YOU.

You keep saying I was spamming katas? I was using red attacks on everyone, other people were using katas, you were spamming saber staff butterflies on the gaggles of FFAers... But then again I didn't nor do I ever directly complain to people about it because I have no rules about what can and cannot be used during an FFA. If it's in the game, it's a valid move.

Here's some food for thought: You're the very first person to ever get banned at our server. Infact if I'm not mistaken, you're one of the first people to even get kicked at our server. There's a reason for that: Since our server has been up, I've been chat killed, AFK killed, killed by people using tweaked yaws during double saber katas, killed by butterfly spams... Yet I never kick nor even flame these people and usually laugh about it. The time when I do decide to boot someone is when enough people are complaining that someone is being a pain in the arse. Normally I'll ask the players is X or Y player is causing problems before taking action however, yours was a special case. The server was full and there might be other players trying to get in to play and, y'know, actually be decent people.

All those servers and clans you listed... They're not kicking you out and hating you for no reason... If you wanna act as flamebait, be extremely careful about it or they'll keep kicking you out instead of successfully starting the flamewars you're most likely trying to entice.

In the end though, I don't know what you're complaining about... There's plenty of other servers for you to play at. So what's the problem?

Archived