Home

Dual Saber...

ManaMana

What is the best, Duals Saber, or Saber Staff?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best, Duals Saber, or Saber Staff?

• Dual Saber is the BEST! And I mean it!
    • Saber Staff... SAAAABEEERSTAFF!!! (Rushes to JA and starts to kill stormtroopers)

Hello. I was just wondering... When you create a dual saber later in the game, will you bee able to choose it's colour? Cause I have seen alot of pictures and movies, but in them, the jedi's modtly have strange saber combinations like yellow and purple (Yuck! That makes mee feel sick!) So... If you aren't going to choose the other blades coulour, I'm going for the staff! But... What is best, staff or dual? Anyway, thank yoy for answering, if you do!:cool:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.) I prefer the staff because of the style (and Kun -.-).

Duals are nice too.

2.) You are able to choose color as well as hilt for both sabers.

3.) a.k.a. edit:

Mine too...but Kun used a staff, not duals.

And yellow (well, orange) and purple...why not? My SP-Dualwielder uses that combo.

Originally posted by DarthCobra

Actually its the single saber. These new sabers are so unbalanced its pathetic. Single offers the most control as is the only saber real players will use.

But then DarthCobra, what is the best of single, heavy, light, or even medium?

''Real players''?

Saying are you, that single sabers are only used by real players?

True it is not, for the staff is my ally, and I win I do against the red-stance-single-sabers.

I know the tactic with staff to defeat red stance, it is hard to kill the opponent if he/she has red, but the secret is to ignite only a part of the staff with L, (so it changes to the way a single saber yellow stance is) and dodge those moves and slash quick.

I always do this, it seems that I finally learned some tactics.

As I understand it, Exar Kun in one battle wielded dual saberstaves (four saber blades... Jesus), so you're both right. Otherwise, it was the lone saberstaff.

I find the single saber to be very underpowered in the demo version I have. And after having used it so much in JO, it's nice to be able to use dual and staff for a change.

I very much like the idea of using the dual sabers or the saberstaff, but what I don't understand is how all of a sudden there are all these dark jedi running around with dual sabers and saberstaffs.

Dual sabers is supposed to be a very shunned method of fighting, which is why the only person in SW history to ever really use two sabers was Boc. And the only two people from SW history to ever really use the staff were the aforementioned EK and Maul. It's supposed to be a jedi training weapon for using the single blade (since it's easier to cut yourself up, and you have to be more patient and careful with it).

I also really hate how every single one of the baddies in JA uses a red saber. I mean come on. It doesn't have to be red all the time. Sariss used a blue saber, and she was a darksider. Adi Galia uses a crimson saber, and she's on the jedi counsel, so what the hell?

If it were available, what I'd really like to see in JA is Adi Galia's reverse-one handed saber stance. Now that'd be something special.

As for the best Sabre stance... well everyone has their favourite (medium for me!) but the best thing about the single sabre is you can switch between stances. Also, the single sabre is IMO much easier to control. I rarely dispatch an enemy by luck with the single sabre but with duals and especially the staff, the only way I know the guy is dead is when the camera flys around me!

I like dual sabers my self (no I don't spam it). While its not as easy to connect as with red stance or a staff they offer great defence... mostly I defend untill someone get deflected (or throws a single saber and loses it) and then do the right-right atack (slow circle slash) to kill.

I also like having throw, its great to use against a kata or heavy stance, While kick is nice the new moves for getting up limit its usefullness (they can be deadly)

well... saberthrow has its uses, but I like the 'staff. the jump kick to stab combo works well for me (though the stab seems to have been nerfed... sigh...). duals look pretty with two nicely chosen colors ( I don't mind purple and yellow... blue and yellow look nice, IMHO).

How does everyone know all these jedi names (Boc and the like)? I've read a few SW books and they mostly seem to be about Han and Luke and them after the Battle of Endor. I've never read anything about Exar Kun.

Boc was from JK1 I believe (just before the last boss). I use yellow and orange for my sabers, I think it looks good.

Another dual saber tactic I like is to spin a bit so the person thinks I'm just spaming moves... and then with they aproach (normaly with a slow powerfull attack like red stance) switch off one blade and use the blue lunge. Does a ton of damage and suprises them =)

"Real" players will use single saber? As opposed to, say, pretend players?

Seriously, the best argument against dualies is that it makes the game too easy.

Well, if that's the case, then it's pretty clear what the best option is, isn't it? It's the one that causes the most damage to the enemy at the least cost and risk to yourself.

That would clearly be dualies.

Lets put it this way: Suppose there were two fighter planes. One was very fast and manuverable, but only experts could fly it. Another was almost as fast and manuverable, but easy to fly.

Which is the better fighter plane?

==========

Another factor to consider is experience. An experienced single-saber user will whip an inexperienced dualie player every time.

Well, right now there are no experienced dualie players. The game's not been out long enough.

Wait, young jedi ...

Originally posted by Azrael666

I think Exar Kun (why didnt he have a 'Darth' title?) used a single Two bladed saber that could seperate into two seperate sabers, giving him a very broad range of combat styles.

1.) Because Darth Bane (his real name, I think) lived about 2000 years later and Bane did that Rule Of Two.

Since Bane, the Sith call theirselves 'Darth'.

2.) I've seen a pic of Kun's saber and it is just as long as a normal single saber.

Hard to believe it could be splitted... but maybe....

3.) @Wolfbiter: You should....he's great....he's incredible...he's evil, tragic and what not.

Lets put it this way: Suppose there were two fighter planes. One was very fast and manuverable, but only experts could fly it. Another was almost as fast and manuverable, but easy to fly.

Your analogy is almost there, it should be this though:

Lets put it this way: Suppose there were two fighter planes. One was very fast and manuverable, but only experts could fly it. Another was faster and more manuverable, and easier to fly.

Dual sabers and saber staff are too easy. It's almost completely spam most of the time, sure there's some timing, but no real aiming except along the y axis...

Single saber all the way.

Archived