Home

Dual Saber...

ManaMana

What is the best, Duals Saber, or Saber Staff?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best, Duals Saber, or Saber Staff?

• Dual Saber is the BEST! And I mean it!
    • Saber Staff... SAAAABEEERSTAFF!!! (Rushes to JA and starts to kill stormtroopers)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Agen_Terminator

Single Saber for me, I have mashed up alot of staff and dual users lately :cool:

I don't doubt that for a minute because -- as I said -- there are no experienced staff and dual users yet.

=================

If the rephrasing of the fighter plane analogy analogy is more accruate, then the duelie is definitely better.

Because, an expert pilot will still kill a rookie, even if both the airplaines are easier to fly.

I'm a single-player, but even I can see that the argument that the dualies are "too easy" simply won't hold up in multi-player. Sure, you can wipe out AI, but nothing is easy against skilled humans.

============

Another factor in favor of the dualies is that the two sabers allow the dualie player more freedom to use the force in greater safety, because of the better (I assume) protection of two sabers for lightsaber defense.

You have one hand on each saber, I personally think it would be lowest defense. I think staff should have highest defense, on front equal to that of single saber, and on back about 2/3 of single saber. More than 50% (counted out of 150, 138 people using duals)of people on the servers I went to used dual sabers.

Not only are they easier to get good with, someone who is of equal skill doesn't have to exert nearly as much effort as the person with single saber, as the single saber has to watch two sabers going in different directions and find an opening. Not only that but he has to get into that opening, do a fair amount of damage, and get out without getting hit. While dual sabers just has to keep charging ahead, most of the time dual will score about 2 hits.

Originally posted by ManaMana

What is best, staff or dual? Anyway, thank yoy for answering, if you do!:cool:

This is assuming that either of them are better then the single saber. Which they aren't.

But I've found, dual sabers are good for blaster defense, and makes a cool shield - sabers held up like a cross. And they are good for quick killing of many weak enemies. I don't really like it for saber duels, it just seems like alot of fancy colors swooshing and flashing but nothing happens. Kind of reminds me of JO MP duels after the patches. :p

I prefer the saberstaff over the dual sabers, though - I like it better in duels. But still nothing beats the single saber, and if you want to talk about easy, use a single saber when you become a Jedi Knight. Ultimate whore move that puts anything whorers did in 1.03+ to shame. :lol:

hahahha 2 saber staves??? that is literally impossible. you would have such little mobility that you would be inviting death. the staff hilts would be much to large to spin so all you would be able to would be to jab like a robot lmao

the staff is pretty newbyish in the demo atleast. the duel sabers imo require much more skill than the staff (which requires none)

the true best players i'd think are the single bladers.

the single saber SHOULD have been revamped, but lucas arts were lazy and basically used the same system for JO... and it doesn't compare to the others when it should!

Originally posted by Deastin

Heh, dual sabres is just pointless...way too hard to control. I died a LOT using two sabres, It's for power only.

Sabrestaff is what I vote for...mainly because I like quick stances...like that. I can always switch to blue anyway.

Aha, so if I got it right... Dual Sabers is Kamikaze style (All Attack), Saberstaff is medium based, strong single defensive, medium single uh... medium and fast single kamikaze also... Am I right?

Originally posted by Deastin

In MP, everyone just spams katas.

Everyone dies?

Aha, so if I got it right... Dual Sabers is Kamikaze style (All Attack), Saberstaff is medium based, strong single defensive, medium single uh... medium and fast single kamikaze also... Am I right?

Dual is more of a kamikaze, you're right, it's like - let's kill him before he kills me in the fastest possible time type a thing, staff you can wait for them to open there defences and cut the stomach or just try to break it with constact striking. Single sab has 3 stances... it's up to you ;)

More than 50% (counted out of 150, 138 people using duals)of people on the servers I went to used dual sabers.

That is a very strange result, it's actually quite equal from where I see it, maybe more singles... actually. Saying that, i have noticed if there was ever a guy on a 10/0 ramapge in a duel server it was always a single saberer ;)

True it is not, for the staff is my ally, and I win I do against the red-stance-single-sabers.

Yes, that's because from what i saw, Yellow is best against staffs :p

I know the tactic with staff to defeat red stance, it is hard to kill the opponent if he/she has red, but the secret is to ignite only a part of the staff with L, (so it changes to the way a single saber yellow stance is) and dodge those moves and slash quick.

Then they use red to abolish you're mutated yellow stance :p

There's 3 stacnes for it ye know ;)

Staff requires much more skill than duals, and single requires more skill than staff. All being said I actually like staff more, and even if it's nerfed I will continue to use staff because I just like the way it plays (in MP). I like waiting for an opening and attacking, instead of charging headlong with either red swoop or dual slashes. Red stance has to be started before going in (usually) so you don't get a chance to actually wait for an opening. Yellow stance for single just isn't powerful enough for me, I don't like how easily it is knocked away.

So, it's all a matter of preference. I'll stick with my staff though, thank you very much :)

Exar Kun definately used a saberstaff before Maul, just read the Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology (published before any of the prequels came out). It links the double bladed saberstaff explicitly to Exar Kun.

Kun is a character mentioned in the Tales of the Jedi comics (and his "spirit" is mentioned in the Jedi Academy trilogy as haunting Yavin 4 the Trilogy takes place some time after the original movies), which are part of the EU, taking place "thousands of years before Luke Skywalker's birth."

Boc was a Twi-Lek Dark Jedi in the first Jedi Knight game who was a master of two sabers.

Also don't forget that Anakin used dual sabers for a short time in AOTC. ; )

Originally posted by ManaMana

I don't agree with that. It's an option to play defensively with dual sabers. As somebody mentioned, when you attack someone using dualies you have to keep an eye out for two sabers and an opening left by them, hit that opening, do a decent amount of damage and get out.

Dualies probably have a well-earned reputation as a kamikaze weapon because the average player probably runs around flailing about with them all the time.

Archived