Home

Dual Saber...

ManaMana

What is the best, Duals Saber, or Saber Staff?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best, Duals Saber, or Saber Staff?

• Dual Saber is the BEST! And I mean it!
    • Saber Staff... SAAAABEEERSTAFF!!! (Rushes to JA and starts to kill stormtroopers)

It's true that staff and dual are 'easier' but they are unsatisfying compared to single. There is a distinct lack of moves for the staff and dual, you just have to hold attack and rush teh opponent. There is little to be learnt in terms of timing and teh special moves are bugged terribly (forward jump attack in staff)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the sake of fun(playing in SP) it has to be the sabre staff.

I fell in love with it when I did my first double kill. One blade goes backward, killing the guy to my right, the other goes forward(and up) killing the guy to my left. The bullet time scene for that double kill was simply amazing.

But in real life.....uhh.....I mean, real star wars :p the dual is going to be the best.

It just makes sense to me. You simply distract them with one sabre, and run them through with your second sabre.

The staff is just two blades in fixed positions, but the dual can be used in many ways.

Well, I think u should use the one that is easier

Yes that will be rewarding :rolleyes:

personally i'd always go with the hardest possible option, it's more rewarding to get a kill with single saber than just running round like a headless chicken with a staff or dual sabers because its "easy" LOL.

Maybe bind some of the moves with a script, thats even easier and after all you dont want a challenge now do you?!

Why when you have dual sabers, cant you put one your belt and fight as though you had only one with all of the styles, and then when you need take out the second. Or likewise with the staff, urn off one side and use all of the standard single saber fighting styles. Wouldnt that be more realistic because thats basically what Darth Maul did when he and Qagon (I dont think I spelled it correctly) faught the first time in the desert. he only used one side so why should we be stuck with yellow in staff and blue in dual. Just my thought.

Originally posted by leafi

Why when you have dual sabers, cant you put one your belt and fight as though you had only one with all of the styles, and then when you need take out the second. Or likewise with the staff, urn off one side and use all of the standard single saber fighting styles. Wouldnt that be more realistic because thats basically what Darth Maul did when he and Qagon (I dont think I spelled it correctly) faught the first time in the desert. he only used one side so why should we be stuck with yellow in staff and blue in dual. Just my thought.

Well, that is because... HOW THE * EASY WOULD YOU HAVE AGAINST SINGLE SABERS?!?! It isn't very realistic, but Star Wars itself isn't very realistic...

Originally posted by leafi

Well, I'd say, that using the saberstaff and duel sabers, would take more coordination then a single saber, so in effect, by learning the style to use a staff or dual sabers, you are stuck with a single, single-saber stance when you toggle to it.

I think it's realistic like that, and I like putting in the lightsaber-force restrict variable, that makes things a bit more sketchy as well. Very fun.

I always get the best results with single saber. :D

I know people always characterize it as "dancing" but using different stances constantly tends to throw your opponent off since you aren't as predictable - and the red stance can blast through any defence the other guy is putting up :cool:

Yellow and Blue stances are good for driving other people back as they won't risk getting in the way of a blow as blocking is so unpredictable

If they are doing the twirl, start a red slash and move behind them.

If they are doing Kata wait for them to finish and rollstab or lunge

If they do the special spinning moves (ie. forward + jump +attack) avoid it if possible and close in with a red slash.

What bugs me most though is when staff users get instant kills with it - the last spin is incredibly deadly. :p

And if they are coming at you with sabers blazing you respond with a yellow or red Kata depending on how good your timing is :)

Btw. Did I mention I use single saber? :D

Dual Sabers are cheesy. I cleared nearly every saberweidling opponent, staff, single, or dual by simply using choke then throwing the second saber at them.

The staff is fast, and I think it has moves which leave you wide open if you aren't careful. All that spinning is intimidating maybe but while you are busy in the spin animation you are open to a quick saber throw or force move.

The single saber may be harder to attack the first two with but it defends nicely against them.

All three have their uses depending on the style of your opponent. Staff for the jittery jump around guys who don't really know the moves or don't like pulling them off and just want toe slice like a mad man/woman. The single saber for combat fighting is more tactical and strategic and offers more of a challenge. The Dual Saber option is for the more defensive.

Unless you use strong style I think a single saber user has just as much chance to beat the staff or dual saber user. Staff to staff is fun but usually a dual saber user will mow down a staffer.

This is all from my experience, mind you, and simply opinion.

ManaMana...please don't spam. I've deleted your spammy posts, and I'll only do the same again, so why bother? :cool:

And as for the topic...I use Dual Sabers.

While I agree that some players may have a kamikaze attitude when using this style, I don't think it's an inherent problem with the style itself. You can run around flailing like a maniac with any style - and while you might get some lucky hits, you're also leaving yourself wide open to attack.

I have to say, I dislike the forward twirl move. It looks silly, doesn't really do any damage (I've yet to see any kills using that move), and goes on for too long. I'd prefer the Single Saber Medium forward flip, but with twin sabers.

I do think dual sabers are more offensive, because they seem to have a weaker defence. In spite of having two blades, it seems harder to parry incoming swings - and I guess that is as it should be, or dual saber wielders would be invincible.

The saber barrier move is also not very effective unless you can really catch someone unawares - unlike the katas of the other saber styles, it is a very obvious move, and takes longer to implement - and then leaves you completely open to a roll+stab at the end, if your opponent times it right. I'm starting to prefer just tapping the double buttons - which gives you a dual swing to either side if you're careful, without going into the saber barrier move itself.

So in a way, the Dual Saber style is more restricted in terms of it's effective moves. The saber barrier is suicide (only a fool runs into those twirling blades, and hard luck if you do), because you'r open to attack. The forward twirl move is practically useless, and I've even unintentionally executed that move on occasion, and ended up falling into an abyss or a pool of lava because of it. A dramatic way to commit suicide, but otherwise not much use.

Archived