Home

Dual Saber...

ManaMana

What is the best, Duals Saber, or Saber Staff?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best, Duals Saber, or Saber Staff?

• Dual Saber is the BEST! And I mean it!
    • Saber Staff... SAAAABEEERSTAFF!!! (Rushes to JA and starts to kill stormtroopers)

I think dual sabers are WAY overrated. They just seem like a really weak technique for multiplayer. The only way people get kills with them is to use the cheat that makes the spinning saber barier trick go 100x faster, and jump into crowds and mash both mouse buttons. And really, even though I personally consider hacking the move to make it spin faster cheating, it isn't even THAT great except as a boring way to get kills on folks who don't know to just back off when the guy does the wind-up for it and then roll-stab or use the red overhand smash to kill them when it is winding down.

If this sounds like bitching, it sort of is, but it sort of isn't, because it seems like about half of my kills are folks that I roll-stab or overhand red smash as their dual saber barrier winds down... I think the only reason it scores at all is because new players don't know to just back off when that move is started or they will be insta-killed.

On to other dual stuff... the twirl is no good unless you have somebody cornered who doesn't know to jump out of the way, and the dual stab moves rarely connect with dynamically moving human players. You get lots of slashes, but they seem relatively weak and the reach is short. The sideways twirling attack seems to be weak and is hard to connect with. The main advantage seems to be that you can throw a saber and still defend. In SP it is more useful, since it is good for taking out crowds, and you can move while doing the twirl attack and buldoze folks pretty effectively.

The staff seems like a much better all-around technique than dualies, but I can't decide if it is any better than just using red style and some good timing.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have seen a lot of dulies going into a group of enemy's (say on a FFA server) and just using sabre shield to get about 4 kills. Kind of lame, since you only have to hit 2 buttons. I just back away and right when they are finishing the move, I role in and stab them; usually killing them

Originally posted by Butt_Whisper

I have seen a lot of dulies going into a group of enemy's (say on a FFA server) and just using sabre shield to get about 4 kills. Kind of lame, since you only have to hit 2 buttons. I just back away and right when they are finishing the move, I role in and stab them; usually killing them

yeah im not a big fan of that move...but hey easy kills! :D

i like me saberstaff, sometimes it seems like mashing but i usually only do that to keep others at bay and make them hesitate their attack so i can manouver myself in

turns out it can be used with skill :)

weird eh? ;)

Hi,

Playing much MP i noticed many people using staff to get very fast kills, I use the single saber and mostly kill evryone, it takes quit some time to kill a person, while a staff user just spam his overpowered butterfly to get 5 or 6 kills in one move.

Same goes to the dual saber just do the kata move, easy kills, no skill 8 people dead.

They should fix two things, make the butterfly cost alot of force power and make it weaker.

The dual kata move should be locked, meaning you cant abuse your mous sensitivity to twirl the sabers faster like a disco maniac.

My two cents

Originally posted by Hseeker

They should fix two things, make the butterfly cost alot of force power and make it weaker.

The dual kata move should be locked, meaning you cant abuse your mous sensitivity to twirl the sabers faster like a disco maniac.

My two cents

Ya know...I don't see where these problems arise. If I see a Dual Saberist duck down, I know they're doing the Saber Barrier move and get away from them really quick - then roll+stab them as they're finishing off - which usually finishes them off. :p

Same with the butterfly. I can see someone going into that move, and I just jump over them.

Is it just me...or are people just standing around waiting to get sabered to death? I jump, dodge, duck and weave as much as possible and never stay in the same place. As I've said before...the key to playing this game is evasion and timing. And don't get caught up in the middle of a huge saberfight in FFA, because you are frankly asking for a Dual Saberist to set down at the edge of the group and reap the crop with those twin scythes.

A lot of moves are avoidable if you remain alert.

Originally posted by StormHammer

Ya know...I don't see where these problems arise. If I see a Dual Saberist duck down, I know they're doing the Saber Barrier move and get away from them really quick - then roll+stab them as they're finishing off - which usually finishes them off. :p

For those using the single saber (like me), blue uppercut is good for this also...

I'm a duel saberist and am getting better with them all them time, i know their strong points and the weak points, If you just try to button bash with em you hit nothing but air against a good single or staff player, you really do have to time them as certain moves leave wide open gaps. I've found that for me the duel sabers have just as good defensive capabilities as well as offensive, the main danger with duels is you have to get very close to your opponent to score any strikes, much closer than single or staffs. People claim that duels are too easy to use, well their wrong, to use them effectivley you've got to learn about them, in a fight with a single saberist certain moves allows one blade to block and the other to lop off their head, also if your attacked from 2 different directions one blade will block and the other can be used to attack or parry a blow. similar sort of thing against staffers, one blade to block the other allows you to move straight into an offensive manouver before your oppenent can recover, but only if done right.

I've been killed many times by single saber users and staffers because either my opponent is better skilled than myself or i make very silly mistakes leaving myself wide open for a killer blow. A very usefull move for a duel saberist is the cartwheel where you can move left or right from an opponent and both blades are cossed as in X to give very good blocking, this lets you get away in order to get your head together and re-assess the situation/tactics.

I never said there not counterable, but you have to agree that mostly in FFA the dual/staff are mostly used to get easy kills with no skill.

Just press two buttons and get 8 kills, while i have to fight 1 person 1 or 3 min to kill him if im not gangbanged in all direction :)

Originally posted by Hseeker

I never said there not counterable, but you have to agree that mostly in FFA the dual/staff are mostly used to get easy kills with no skill.

Just press two buttons and get 8 kills, while i have to fight 1 person 1 or 3 min to kill him if im not gangbanged in all direction :)

Sorry, but I disagree. I really don't think Dual Sabers and Saberstaff require no skill and rack up easy kills all over the place. I've seen Single Saberists in the middle of a group suddenly switch to a kata and do a considerable amount of damage, sometimes taking down two or three people who were low on health. And frankly, the Single Saberist has access to three different katas, which can be tailored for each situation, whereas Dual Saberists and Saberstaffers have access to one. And the Dual Saberist's Saber Barrier move is so obvious and slow to kick in (more than any of the other moves in any stance) that it's easily avoidable. I've actually stopped using it except on the odd occasion, because it is frankly suicidal.

Anyway - I think some of these 'problems' could be alleviated if people would not insist on 'bunching up' in an FFA. This used to happen in JO, and a close-knit group of saberists is just easy pickings for gunners. And people used to complain about that. And now you complain about the opportunist who uses a kata from the edge of the group. Of course you are going to rack up more kills by attacking a group of people, instead of just dueling one. And I fully admit, I'm one of those opportunists. If I see four or five people dueling in close proximity, I'm going to take advantage of the fact that they haven't got their eyeballs on me.

If you don't want the opportunist to step in and 'steal' your kills - then don't get caught up in the middle of a group of people fighting - because your awareness of what's going on outside of those you are fighting goes right down to zero. Beware those who remain at the periphery of a fight...

LOL wel I wil say again I never said there not counterable, its just "my opinion" that there alot of people just "spamming kata's" and not doing anything els...

Hell im not even talking abouth those staff butterfly spammers that doing nothing but that. wich conclude its frankly boring and not to mention weak.

I mean there are other moves no ?

But each to his own I guese :)

Originally posted by Azrael666

I think Exar Kun (why didnt he have a 'Darth' title?) used a single Two bladed saber that could seperate into two seperate sabers, giving him a very broad range of combat styles.

Kun was a Sith Lord before the decline of the Sith, the Darth tradition started with Darth Bane who decreed there could only be two Sith, a master and an Apprentice, since then every new sith apprentice has taken on a Darth XXXX name.

Let us just put it like this: I have much more respect for a dual or doublebladed that owns with style than a single blader who owns. Why? Because I'm fairly certain it's harder to defeat a good singleblader with dual or double than a single saber of your own. Now I haven't played much yet, but tomorrow I'll have a copy of my own and then we'll see which saber stance is the best :rolleyes:

Archived