Home

Underworld

Mandalorian54

This is based on the movie underworld. But so that the movie isn't spoiled it will be a completely different story with only the basic elements in common.

heres the basic history:

Vampires and Lycen(werewolves) have been at war for thousands of years. We enter as a member of either race and help your race in it's cause. Exterminating the other.

not much to it basically, we just war and make it up as we go along.

I'dd like to know who's interested, I need at least five people. I just don't want to start an rpg with three people that's going to die in a week.

So post if your interested and if you've got any Ideas share them.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

okay, I'm glad so many people want to join. I won't keep you waiting any longer.

A full moon. It casts a spell on the earth. A shadow descends upon the world and darkness creaps out of the underworld. People croud the buissy streets of New York, but would they if they knew who else walked those streets tonight? I tell you they would not. People are just people. But wern't we all once?

The moon floats in the sky, casting eery light on the world. Clouds drift in the sky, thick with rain, threatening to shower us with sorrow. Towering skyscrapers streach up at the moon, reaching at what they will never touch. The lights begin to go out, it is late in the night. But for us it is the begining of the day. For vampires and lycen together it is just when we awake, when normal people go to sleep.

Tonight is a buissy night. The crowd below is thick, though not as thick as any day, but thick for the night. I scan below, through binoculars sweeping from person to person, seaching amongst them for somthing else. I am a deathdealer, and for the better part of a century I have been a part of this war. It seems like it will never end, every night is the same as the last. I sit up here on these man made structures and watch.

I am watching for Lycen, or werewolves as they're better know. I hate the beasts. Mindless monsters. But I forget, I am little worse, and worse in the eyes of some. My thoughts hinder my abuility, I am so easily distracted these dayse. I should focus more so I shake my head and continue searching. They will come out soon, if they are not already. And I must be at my best if I want to come out of this alive.

My earpiece crackles, "Lycen sighted, moving east. Be on the lookout." East is towards me. But I have scanned them all now, and I see only humans. Once again the earpeice crackles, "Their on the corner do you see him? He's heading into the alley, lets move!" The alley? How did he get past me? I must be loosing my touch. I need to focus better. Is it the moon?

I tuck my binoculars away and look across to the building ahead of me to see a fellow vampire leap down the streets below. I look down myself to see nothing but shadows. Then I am falling. And I land on the ground as though it were a simple fence I had dropped from, but looking up at where I once was I can see the real distance. It's times like these I'm glad I am no normal human.

But I must get back to the task at hand now. I hurry off to where the others are. Tonight there will be a few less werewolves haunting the sewers of Manhatan.

I run at the corner. The night was this night crazy, I had been bitten by what had seemed to, for him, a vampire. Now a werewolf or something was chasing him. Before I could come any closer to my house, I ran straight into another vampire. I was suprised I didn't fall down.

I just thought I'dd let you all in on the story so we can all follow it.

The vampires and lycen are at war. The vampires have been dominating for as long as this war has existed and the lycen have been struggling to survive. This story is of the battle of Raven Claw. Raven Claw is a lycen who takes command and leads the lycen in a battle against the vampires of new york. Recently they have been increasing in number and boldness. Whichever side you choose you join in the battle and help your side win.

When one side wins the story is over. If it goes well I'll make a sequal.

The rules are:

1.No Godmoding

2.No controlling other peoples characters

3.No killing other peoples characters

4.Players may control more than one character if they want to

5.Though you will be controling your characters in the battles and stuff, I will be the one deciding outcomes of major battles

And I'll give you a little info on the two races so you can better decide which to choose.

Vampires: An honorable and noble race. Pure bloods(both parents are vampires) are much stronger than mixed bloods(humans turned into vampires) and there is a ruling family in each major city. Some vampires roam about on their own, but most are under the authority and laws of the coven. They are skilled warriors and cunning hunters. But many of them take to living life lesurally and the war has become a shadow at the back of their minds. Convinced of their own superiority they belittle and underestimate the lycen.

Lycen: A savage and scattered race. They live in the sewers and abandoned places, spending their lives in hiding, alwase hunted by the vampires. Usually in packs or clans they raid and pillage the streets. Feeding on human flesh and taking plesure in torture. However they are not all savages. A large group is drawing others to organize with them against the vampires, they are lead by Raven Claw and thier sole desire is to rid the world of their mortal foe.

Name: Bishop Totenheim.

Race: Lycan

Bio: Bitten in the 1830's, Bish has lived in the sewers for many years. A tormented clan leader, Bishop is joining the organising lycan armies.

*Tonight, Bish sits in a chair in the clan nest in a warehouse at the docks. He gnaws on a hunk of beef*

Bish: Steak. Gotta love it. Even when I was human, it was great.

OK, i'm gonna continue with that character, and with this one:

Name: Jack Beck

Species: Vampire

Bio: A pureblood, one of the only ones who still considers the war a priority. He is a scientist who has been trying for many years to find a way to make mixed blood vampires as strong as pureblood. His experiments have resluted in failure

*Beck exited the room, another failure again.*

Beck *to a messenger*: Tell everyone that I have found an answer to my problem. The next mixed blood that is found is to be turned over to me before he or she is taught our ways.

Raven claw sits at the head of the table looking at the clan lords sitting across from him.

"Today brothers, we gather together to discuss our futer. No longer will we sit back and let the vampires rule over us, forcing us to live in the sewers. Today my brethren we strike back!" His statement was rewarded with shouts of apraisal.

When the shouting died down Raven Claw continued. "Even as we speak I have set plans in motion to further the futur of our species, and the death of the vampires!" Once again they cheered, eager and bloodthirsty for vengance against their imortal foe.

-----------------------------

meanwhile:

I am a Lycen, I have been for many years but this is the most exciting time to be one. We're tired of being hunted, now we will strike back at the vampires and claim this world as our own.

My name is Vargas, and I am the son of a battle chief. Today we plan our first strike on the vampires, and I will lead it.

At the other end of the alley is Jack, a good warrior and friend. We hug each other tightly and welcome one another, but the happiness is quickly put behind more important things. In a short time the vampires will be upon us and our plan will commence.

No sooner had I thought it than it was so, the expression on Jack's face clearified my thoughts. We waited just a moment, let them get closer, and pretended not to notice. The door is not far from us, we slowly make our way towards it now, our backs to the vampires we know are coming.

Jack turns the nob and pushes the door open, in a hartbeat we both spin around at the same time, guns drawn. The street is lit up with flashes of gunpowder, but like lighting the flash is gone as quickly as it came, and we slip hurriedly inside the doorway, and lock the door...It hasn't even bugun yet...

Name: 'death dealer' Rand Catuntnatium

Blood type: Pure

Species: vampire

Bio: a death dealer who believes the war should be the vampires only priority. A bloodthristy killer, even among vampires.

---------------

rand and 2 other death dealers patroled the rooftops of the city,while anothe death dealer cheacked the thining crowds for possible lycens. they see a breif set off flashs from an alley. Jumping from the rooftops they run toward the now silent alley

I stood up from the vampire and ran as fast as I could again, suddenly I saw a flash, and gasped. It had been gunpowder. Damn these shortcuts. Suddenly, I saw two humandoid shapes jumping down from a building and heading towards the alley. I tried to run from them, but soon found myself cornered in the damn ally anyway.

Raven Claw listned to a few more speculations and answered, "These vampires will not be so chalenging as some of you may think, despite thier numbers. I do not underestimate them, but they underestimate us. With carefully planned tactics and the element of surprise we can overcome the vampires."

meanwhile...

I leant up against a wall to watch our backs as Pierce and Trent persued the Lycen into the alley. At the sound of gunshots I spun around to see two lycen disapear behind a door, and Pierce hunched over Trent who lay on the ground, shot.

I bolted past my fellow death dealers but the door was locked before I could reach it. Turning around to Pierce I opened my mouth to ask him, but Pierce answered his question before it was asked.

"He'll be fine, he just needs some time to heal," Pierce said.

As I left to find another way to get to those lycen I noticed a young man terrified in the corner of the alley. I made no notice of him but wondered that I hadn't noticed him before, but I dismissed the thought almost immediatly, and disapeared into the shadows.

If I had known what was about to happen I would not have left the alley, despite the fact that it would have ment certain death. For no sooner had I disapeared then twelve lycen dropped from the roofs into the alley.

((Sorry I've been so distracted ^^;;

:p @ everyone's comments))

New York

*A woman in a long coat stalks the outskirts of the city. If one took a closer look, they would see that the coat was very old, cut in places by claws. She kept her head down inside her coat, but her eyes still revealed themselves by their unnatural glow in the moonlight.

New York. The humans say alligators live in their sewers. If only they knew the truth...

*The full moon seemed to call to her. Like most of the older than old of her kind, she did not have to obey the moon's order to change into her wereform, nor did she need to wait for its assistance to make the change. But on warm nights like this, the pull was hard to resist. Even with the knowledge of the vampire death dealers bound to lurk in this large city...

She ceased to walk when she caught in the air the scent of lycan bloodlust.

Males. Naturally. All the large warrior clans are.

With that, she made up her mind.

Finding a decayed concrete structure that smelled abandoned, she deserted her coat, and the other personal items she wanted to keep intact, and marked the area so she would know where to return to.

She looked up at the moon and answered its call.*

Raven Claw snaps his fingers and two guards leave the room to look around outside.

meanwhile in the alley...

Pierce had his two pistols drawn against twelve machine guns, he swore under his breath.

One of the lycen spoke up, "Drop your weapons death dealer, and your death will be swift." The large man smiled broadly revealing his fangs.

"Pierce rose to his feet and pointed both pistols at the man, apparently the leader, "If I die, I'm taking you with me."

In an underground passage...

Clive laphed as he hung off my shoulder with an arm wrapped over my back, "Well Vargas, it seems we will have our first victory against the vampires tonight eh!" We both laphed, but it would be Clive's last laph unfortunately.

I threw my head back carelessly laphing, but a bloody gurgle and the splatter of blood on my cheak brought an equivalent amount of grief. I saw the glint of steel reflect off a dim low hanging light fixture not a moment too soon. I barely got my arm up to block the sharp blade stabbing at me, the knife pierced through my arm, but better than my chest. In an instant reaction a through out a punch towards my adversary, who I had not even seen yet. I managed to land a solid hit at the other man's chest, sending him a few feet through the air.

I caught a glimps of my opponent as I pulled the silver blade out of my left arm. The man was deffinetly a vampire, and an agile one at that, he flipped onto his feet from laying on his back in an instant. I threw his own blade back at him but he caught it in the air and threw it back. I ducked and the blade flew overhead, then I rose drawing my gun and pointing it at the vampire.

I had almost squeezed off a shot before I noticed he wasn't there. Did he flee down the nearby corridor? Was he a cowerd who stabs an unsuspecting foe and flees? I heard a gargle at my feat, Clive, my friend, lay suffering; a silver blade through his neck; thick blood in a puddle around him.

I bent and pulled the blade from his throat; blood spurted up into my face. I wiped my arm across my bloody face, and watched the life ooze out of a gaping hole in Clive's neck into a sick puddle on the cement ground.

Suddenly there was a shuffle behind me, and I wirled around to see the same shadowy vampire as before. I had no time to react, before I knew it I was leening up against a wall a bloody knife through my stomach, wondering how soon I'dd be joining Clive.

Archived