Home

Can I change the color of my character thru the console? (SP)

IMF-Arel-

Is it possible to change the color of my character in single player thru the console.

I know about the:

Playermodel <jedi_type> <head> <torso> <lower>

BUT...is it possible to change the color setting that you can choose

in the character creation screen thru the console? Are there any

commands to change the character colors?

IMF-Arel-

playertint

You should see something like this:

USAGE: playerTint <red 0 - 255> <green 0 - 255> <blue 0 - 255>

playerTint = 255 235 100

The first number is red, the second is green and the last is blue. The valid number ranges are from 0 (absence of this color) to 255 (full brightness for this color).

Setting all three to 0 would tint you black, setting them all to 255 would tint you white. In between that is any color you can think of. The way it works, in general, is this: red+green = yellow, red+blue = purple, green+blue = cyan. Messing with the relative values for each will give you the hue you want, messing with the overall size of the numbers will give you the brightness/darkness you want. To change to, say, a light red, you'd type

playerTint 255 128 128

NOTE: the Twilek skin already has a light green base (you can see what this color is by setting playerTint to 255 255 255), so keep in mind that the playerTint you set on her model will be modifying this base color... for the clothing tints, their base color is grey, so you'll get exactly the color you type in.

If you need a good way to pick RGB values, fire up MS paint. At the top there is a drop box called "colors". Pick "define custom color" and play with the slider and graph and it will display numerical readouts of the color you set. Pay attention mostly to the "solid color" display.

Archived