Home

Just me, or does the hit detection stink now?

babywax

I don't know about anyone else, but the hit detection doesn't seem nearly as good as JO. I swear, coming out of a roll and putting my saber out, it's gone through about 4 people today and not even hurt them 1 point of dmg, no sparks or anything! Just straight through but nothing else. It's really getting on my nerves...

Yes, it seems a bit off. I believe ghoul2 is enabled by default in this, and it was not on JO multiplayer... This could cause a bit of a different feel, but it is WAY off. When I enabled ghoul2 on my jedi outcast server, it actually improved the hit detection over the default JO. I dont think the Ghoul2 is what is causing it.

Hitmann_D

Ghoul2 should help it! It does per polygon, I believe.

I keep getting hit once by people with a darned double saber and dying! I wouldn't complain so much about missing but I use a single saber so every hit is very important, because it's so much harder than double/dual sabers.

It calculates where your saber touches, per polygon. Each polygon is a triangle, and everything you see on your screen is made of triangles (if it's 3d). It's how scenes are rendered. 2 polygons can make one side of a wall, so 2x6 = 12 polygons for a cube. Ghoul 2 is enabled by default in SP, that's why it's so good, there are a few mods for JK2 that enabled per polygon hit detection in MP, hopefully they will be remade for JA!

They've jsut taken away the hitboxes, in JO when you enabled Ghoul 2, it combined hit boxes with Ghoul so it was far more accurate. In JA they got rid of hitboxes and are using a strange ghoul 2 thing (it's not ordinary ghoul 2 i believe) where you have to hurt the player model.....

I loved multiplayer duels in JO with ghoul2 enabled. blocks were much easier, but with the damage scale kicked up to 1.5, the duels were fast and furious. Ghoul2 also solved alot of the backstab problems people were having prior to the 1.04 patch.

I'm glad they enabled ghoul2 here, I just wish they would fix whatever makes it so different from Jedi Outcast.

Hitmann_D

I'm not impressed with this new hit-detection, maybe I'm just too used to quake 3 etc. with the hitbox style. Funny thing is it's supposed to reward accuracy, yet on plenty of occasions I've seen shots shoot straight through the player model. =/

Bring back the better system of hitboxes, in my opinion.

Originally posted by derekdrygon

I loved multiplayer duels in JO with ghoul2 enabled. blocks were much easier, but with the damage scale kicked up to 1.5, the duels were fast and furious.

Hmm. I wish I found some post-patched JO servers with those settings. That sounds right, saber do damge but block better, with superior hit detection! Wow, something Raven should of done besides that 1.03 atrocity.

Originally posted by babywax

It calculates where your saber touches, per polygon. Each polygon is a triangle, and everything you see on your screen is made of triangles (if it's 3d). It's how scenes are rendered. 2 polygons can make one side of a wall, so 2x6 = 12 polygons for a cube. Ghoul 2 is enabled by default in SP, that's why it's so good, there are a few mods for JK2 that enabled per polygon hit detection in MP, hopefully they will be remade for JA!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the lesson on poly's (i know what they are) jus wanted a more detailed exp of ghoul so thanks

Archived