Home

A map.

GothiX

Looks like you got some pretty interesting shadows. I like the lighting.

You could do with mounting your pics on a black background: the white background stops eyes from seeing dark stuff.

I think your brushwork looks competent enough (i like the look of the central column-spirally thing) but the lanterns and the gratework are too un-angular - everything is too straight and 90-degree. The brushes seem too regular-six-sided for me - maybe try tapering them and stuff. You could maybe make the lanterns more talon-like instead of nearly-regular-lantern-like (although i appreciate u r using the flame-light to nice effect only lighting up inside surfaces). Hope this is more constructive (it's meant to be) than negative.

Anyway...good stuff!

The white background is Massassi default, and for some better shots on another background, go to Blood_Asp's Editor's Corner on Massassi. He took some great shots of it for me during beta.

And I'll certainly take your comments into consideration, in fact, I'm pleased to hear those things, I can actually improve upon it now.

But I must say, most of it is kept simplistic because, well, it doesn't need that much detailed brushes (to me), it's merely the mood I try to achieve with it. I will improve it though, don't worry.

Archived