• Last Reply

Piece of cake, in model_red.skin it should look like this:

kitfisto

}

playermodel ct_fisto

customSkin red

blah, bla blah...

}

That is way to use other skins, use customSkin (skinname) line.

*edit*

Darn, computer lagged, it didnt show last two messagages:eek:

I still have a problem, I believe i failed in converting my final Winzip file with all the necesasary files for the conversion to work. I have reason to beleive this because when i right click over the hilighted file, then click properties the file is registered as a Winzip file. While all my other mod files from different sites, are pk3's. If i have done something wrong(which i most likely have) could someone inform of my mistake and tell me the correct way to fix it, i would highly appreciate it. :D

I have nasty problem here.

I just downloaded Bothan Jedi model, and I did NPC of it right away. I can spawn it, but when it starts battleling I reseave error:

Ran out of transform space for Ghoul2 models. Adjust Miniheapside in SV_Spawnserver

What should I do? I have tried this in different maps and situations.

Originally posted by MasterKoon237

I still have a problem, I believe i failed in converting my final Winzip file with all the necesasary files for the conversion to work. I have reason to beleive this because when i right click over the hilighted file, then click properties the file is registered as a Winzip file. While all my other mod files from different sites, are pk3's. If i have done something wrong(which i most likely have) could someone inform of my mistake and tell me the correct way to fix it, i would highly appreciate it. :D

It sounds like you have ended up with a .pk3.zip file. This happens if in Windows you are hiding file extentions. To change to a .pk3, turn "hide file extensions off". I think it is under options in the window's menu bar. Once you do that, you should be able to manually change the .zip to a ,pk3.

There is one not-so-good thing in adding more NPCs.

I have added 46 npcs, and now some of original NPCs are nor working. Tie-fighter, Tavion, Tavion_new, wampa... And others.

How to get those back withour deleting new NPCs?

And other thing, multiplayer is not working, cause NPC extensions are too large. I dont care about that.

And finally, could someone finally say that what is wrong in Bothans?

Originally posted by caseyjones

please explain to me what you did step by step to get this to work I tried everything and I still can't do it.

the way to get the originals back=re-install the game

the new ones.....become bantha fodder

please help me!!!

I really don't know what you are asking here...

I was replying to the post above mine.

When I try and make a model a spawnable npc the game tries to spawn the character but spawns a stormtrooper instead...WTF!!

I would greatly appreciate any assistance.

Well usually if you try spawning an npc or a playermodel and its not found in the ext_data\npcs or the model itself isn't found in the models/players/<whichever model you are trying> then the game will automatically revert to a stormtrooper

the easiest way to avoid the complications of renaming .zip to .pk3 and all related steps in making your own pk3 files use pakscape, it allows you to save the file as .pk3, or .zip and also to view folders inside pk3s in a directory tree and also move files around try it, i doubt you will regret it...

You can get it here

I downloaded pakscape now how do I add a spawnable character?

What steps in the tutorial are you having problems with?

It can't be as easy as just putting their folder into the assets1 file

Once the .pk3 is created correctly, all you need to do is put it in the base directory. You cannot alter the assets1.pk3 because then you will never be allowed to play MP on pure servers (which is most of them).

I got through the whole tutorial but when i try and spawn the model I get a stormtrooper instead...in the hud it says i put an invalid directory..what does that mean? what directory should I have?

oh and thanks for the warning but i don't give a flying f*ck about multiplayer. I never got into it and i don't really want to.

I got through the whole tutorial but when i try and spawn the model I get a stormtrooper instead...in the hud it says i put an invalid directory..what does that mean? what directory should I have?

oh and thanks for the warning but i don't give a flying f*ck about multiplayer. I never got into it and i don't really want to.

ok here is what i understand and potential on fixing your problem...suppose you want to add a model not in the game so the way to play as that model is to create a .npc file, save the header name to something easy for you, then for example you have vader model and want to use it, change chewie to vader, then in playermodel command check the model is say in the folder structure of models/players/vader or any model name there and place it in the playermodel line of the npc file

chewie

{

playerModel chewbacca

to

vader

{

playerModel vader

so you do that save the .npc file as vader(or anyname).npc, open pakscape click new, then make sure .npc file is located in dir ext_data\npcs, and model is in models\players\<model name> and then move the main folders in this case ext_data and models to the pakscape window by dragging them in...After that save as and choose .pk3 file from the list give it a name and your done (make sure compression is on normal) and thaat's it....If you still have problems, please state (specifically) what you did and didn't do so a solution can be found. ;)

But keep in mind that if you ever want to release mods into the community, others care about playing multiplayer... :)

This all makes sense...thanks for the help Prime! My other question would be if I downloaded a cool Maul skin (JO skin), how would I go about making the blue, red, and default heads, torsos, and legs choosable in the character creation menu for Jaden? I read the skinning tutorial from Raven software, and I have never done this before, so I do not know much about it. There is the playerchice.txt file thing, but I don't know how to use it to make Maul a playable choice. Has anyone had any experience with doing this? If so, I could really use your help so that Maul appears in the cutscenes and he develops force skills the same as Jaden would without preinputting them into the npc files. Thanks a ton!

Hi Prime, thanks for the tutorial, my problem is much less complex then all this other stuff. All I have done is change a bunch of npc's and now all I want to do is put them into a pk3 file with the ext_da whatever directory and make my changes for those npc's in game, how to I do this step by step. What im not understanding is how to have them go under that directory in the pk3 file, and also how to change the zip to pk3 but i think i can figure that out from what youv said above about windows and shutting off the hidden file thing.

I end up geting a file path that is too long, it ends up being "Star Wars Jedi Knight/mods/exta_data/npc blah blah instead of just exta_data/npcs what do i do?

Also i have windows 98 so it doesnt say recursive folders is has two options one is include sub folders and the other is save path info.

Archived