Tutorial: Replacing Jaden with custom model

Prime

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW everyone, this great tutorial can also be found here:

http://map-review.ravencommunity.net/index.php?page=tutorial_view&id=7

Also, Prime's excellent tutorial on Adding New Character Classes to JA Singleplayer can be found here:

http://map-review.ravencommunity.net/index.php?page=tutorial_view&id=8

Just a little bit of general pluggage there Prime, hope ya don't mind :)

This might be a cool one to sticky or at least provide a link to in a stickied thread? Anyway, great stuff!

Originally posted by Kengo

Just a little bit of general pluggage there Prime, hope ya don't mind :)

Thanks for the plug! I hope it makes sense to people :D

Originally posted by eidospsogos

Prime's tutorial on hoe to get a new SP class into JA huh?

nice

guess that will teach me to be helpul

I certainly couldn't have done it without people like you eidospsogos! I certainly don't take credit for figuring all this stuff out myself.

I give a big thanks to everyone around these forums who has spent a lot of time figuring out the inner workings of JA. As I said at the end of the tutorials:

"A big shout out to everyone who has helped me learn how to edit Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy over at Lucasforums. You guys have helped me solve many annoying problems, and I really appreciate all your hard work. A lot of my knowledge comes from those great people."

You're a big part of that "thank you" eidospsogos! :D

nice!, FP_Telepathy <- that is Force Sight for NPCs (unless you know already than sorry for re-stating that)

question, for model dismemberment.....is there a way to have that in multiplayer? or it is already in multiplayer? As so far I have never cut anyone anywhere in multiplayer.

• 2 weeks later...

I cant get my Trandoshan Jedi to work. Heres the .npc:

TrandoshanJedi

{

playerModel trandoshanjedi

saber dual_1

sabercolor orange

weapon WP_SABER

saberStyle 7

saberStyle 3

saberStyle 2

saberstyle 4

FP_HEAL 3

FP_LEVITATION 3

FP_SPEED 3

FP_PUSH 3

FP_PULL 3

FP_TELEPATHY 0

FP_GRIP 3

FP_LIGHTNING 3

FP_SABERTHROW 3

FP_RAGE 0

FP_PROTECT 0

FP_ABSORB 0

FP_DRAIN 3

FP_SEE 0

FP_SABER_DEFENSE 3

FP_SABER_OFFENSE 3

forcePowerMax 200

rank captain

reactions 3

aim 3

move 3

aggression 3

evasion 5

intelligence 3

playerTeam TEAM_PLAYER

enemyTeam TEAM_ENEMY

class CLASS_TRANDOSHAN

yawSpeed 140

walkSpeed 55

runSpeed 200

// race trandoshan

snd trandoshan

sndcombat trandoshan

sndjedi trandoshan

health 200

dismemberProbHead 0

dismemberProbArms 0

dismemberProbLegs 0

dismemberProbHands 0

dismemberProbWaist 0

}

The pk3, called trandoshanjedi.pk3, is in the gamedata/base folder. Can i have a list of the files that should be in there?

And can you show what I need to add so it will apear in cutscenes?

• 2 weeks later...

ive been adding quite a few races myself, which are all the jedi models from JK2, (qui-gon, obi-wan, kevincoyle's anakin, plo koon, shaak ti, saesee tiin, eeth koth, mace windu, kit fisto, coleman trebor and ki adi mundi).

they all work, have proper icons, but i thought it would be a good idea to add the robe selection to the head section, so all the models with robes have an option to turn the robe on for whatever torso and legs they have.

The only thing is, i cannot get yoda to work. i have a strong suspicion it is to do with his size. the thing is, there are models that are bigger than eachother, e.g. plo koon is bigger than obi-wan (who is a short ass), but they still work.

If anyone has any questions about icons, SP selection screen and stuff like that, drop me a PM or contact me on MSN.

Originally posted by Azrael666

okay, the "model.glm file has wrong version (538976262 should be 6)"

Whats is the verision and how do i fix it, i dont think i can open that .glm properly?

Hmm. I haven't seen this problem before. JO models should work fine in JA, as well as the JA models obviously.

Does the model work okay in MP? If so, it should work in SP.

Hi:

Thanks for your help. I got that one almost figured out. At least it comes as the DE_DarkLuke. The problem now is when I load a saved game using that skin, it comes back with the default (old) Luke skin.

Anyway, I have another problem. I decided that I would like to use my default character but using Luke's clothes. I've extracted all the necesary files from the PK3 file and compiled into my own pk3 file. Everything seems to be in order except that the face and head graphics are all messed up.

I've checked with a couple of "skin" files that I've found and everything seems to be in order. The only difference is that the face and head geaphics I've extracted from the JS pk3 file are different from all the other skins I've DL.

How can I fix this???? The face / head that I would like to use are from human male character (with black hair).

Kind Regards:

Kelvin

:confused:

Hi Prime:

Thanks a lot for your feedback! Do you have an idea of which model file I can use or a link to the info? I'm a beginer at this and I'm still trying to figure out most of the things....

:confused:

I would like some more feedback on the face and model skining....

Kind Regards:

KC

PS: If you would like to contact me directly, please do so at punisher "at" coqui "dot" net........

;)

What I would do is take a look at head and/or face texture files for both of the models. Compare how they are layed out. If you are lucky, they will be shaped in similar ways.

To replace the old face with the new one, what I usually do is copy parts of the new texture and place them over the corresponding parts on the old one (using paintshop pro or something). It may take some playing around, but you should be able to get everything lined up right. Make sure to check your changes using ModView (a tool that was released by Raven).

• 4 weeks later...

Prime, a bit late, but if your making a custom SP level, you could just make an icarus script to change the playermodel ;)

like this:

make your model, set the .NPC file up, very simple to do... then

make a script, that starts right when you spaw (by place the info_player_start inside a trigger_once, which is connected to a target_scriptrunner)

the script should be like this:

//(BHVD)

rem ( "Changes playermodel!" );

set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_PLAYERMODEL", "YOUR_MODEL_NAME_HERE!!" );

Easy as pie ;) At least, thats what im thinking, since i havnt tested it out yet :|

/\/ote: the rem command, can be anything you want... it doesnt affect the script!

• 4 weeks later...

well if your making a custom sp level i would make a .cfg file and chuck it in a pk3 that goes in gamedata

then i would make a dos batch file that opens up jasp, loads the map and runs the .cfg

then you just put "playermodel npcname" in the cfg along with w/e else you want

would that work?

i think it would probably fix the problem of reloading the level in the defult skin......

ok. im having ALOT more trouble with this than i was with JO modding... im trying to make an NPC of Vader, so i used the NPC Generator... imake the NPC file, then throw it in the ext_data/npcs data, and pack it in a zip/pk3... i put it in the base folder, start the game, get into a level, but when i try to summon him,. it says "Npc vader not found" does anyone know where to find an in-depth tutorial on using the NPC Generator to make an NPC? i lost just abopuit all JK2 modding knowledge i had.

• 7 months later...

however Im having a small problem, whenever I load my character model I always get the red team color instead of my default, whats going on?

Heres my .NPC if it helps....

ZenixWolffX

{

playerModel zenixwolffx

customSkin default

saber_8

saber2_7

weapon WP_SABER

saberStyle 1

saberStyle 3

saberStyle 2

FP_HEAL 3