Home

Am I the only one who remembers this? (siege_destroyer and ships)

Pnut_Man

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does LEC profit from other SW games that has flying vehicles in? If so, maybe their "less than knowledgeable boss" decided they'd loose money if they released a game that has both sabers AND flying? I mean from a non technical persons point of view you wouldn't think it's just one level...

..this was a totally random thought, I just can't think of any other reason why you'd remove something like this? :confused:

• 5 weeks later...

OK, I think this would be a nice place to post about this.

1. To get a perfectly normal "non-shakey" takeoff in a ship, just get in and move your mouse all the way left then all the way right before you take off.

2. I'm about 1/4 of the way through making a space siege map - there are two teams, Imperials with tie-fighters and tie-bombers, and Rebels with z-95s and x-wings.

The map involves an Imperial base with 2 outposts, with the Rebels being the attackers. So far, objectives for the Rebels are:

(For each outpost):

Destroy the shield generator on top of the outpost to disable the force fields around the core and destroy it. When the core is destroyed the entire outpost explodes.

After both outposts are destroyed, the main Imperial base will become visible, and the Rebels begin their final attack.

Each outpost is guarded by a "Big Boxy Turbo Death Star Laser" (:D), one on the top and one underneath. The main Imperial base is guarded by 6 BBTDSLs (3 above, 3 below) These guns were beasts when I first tryed them out, killing ships in 1 hit with very fast unavoidable shots... but I've edited them so it takes around 3 shots to destroy a z-95, and they are slightly less accurate.

In GTK Radiant i found a nice trigger called trigger_hyperspace. It doesn't seem finished, because it says you give it 2 targets, one is the direction to face, and ther other is where to teleport to after playing the hyperspace effect... but all it does it face the direction and go..er... TOO FAST! So I created a loooong tunnel next to the map, and the Rebels are teleported here when they fly out of their base, go into hyperspace along the tunnel, then pop out at the Imperial base - it actually looks like they use hyperspace to get to a really far away place, but in reality it's just through a wall right in front of them :D

I'm quite new to mapping, and I've been experimenting with triggers and stuff. I think I've got a general understanding of Radiant now and my map is looking pretty fun so far, even though I've only got the two complete outposts and 2 boxes with open sides as the Rebel/Imperial bases.

Ideas (not too crazy I'm only human :confused::p ) for this map are welcome!

But it is not up to Raven on what can and cannot make it into the final game. This matter has already been covered that it was a feature that just didnt make the final cut. Simple as that, but why not, like some of you are doing, make your own and just forget about this particular map/game mode.

Originally posted by WadeV1589

Does LEC profit from other SW games that has flying vehicles in? If so, maybe their "less than knowledgeable boss" decided they'd loose money if they released a game that has both sabers AND flying? I mean from a non technical persons point of view you wouldn't think it's just one level...

..this was a totally random thought, I just can't think of any other reason why you'd remove something like this? :confused:

Considering that their newest flight sim is XWA (1999), LEC boss must be a real ass :rolleyes:

Also, fighter commands may be a bit clumsy at the beginning but once you get used to them you can do nice manouvers. Of course youy need a big map! :)

there are new maps (including siege maps) that are slated to be released by 3~ (three wave, makers of the q3 ctf mod who made all the maps in ja aside from the three siege maps).

they did mention something about a space map.

and that first ss is obviously from ja. look at the timer and the radar. exactly the same.

I do know of a map which allows you to fly a variety of ships, though it is not a siege map. If you can make a siege map with ships and well-made objectives methinks you can get a big score of fans out there :D

I'm into gtk myself though I have not been able to figure out how to make and spawn in vehicles :mad:

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

I love the Rogue Sqaudron series. I would really love to play RS2 and RS3, but I would never lower myself to buy a gamecube,,,,, I might ask the 10 year old kid across the street to lend me his for a couple of days :p

**goes off cursing lucasarts for bringing out cool game on crappy kiddy console only**

MTFBWYA

Christ, I thought we were over this. Ever play Eternal Darkness? REmake/RE0? Die Hard: Ventetta (yeah, I know the game sucked, but it was still rated M)? *sigh*

:rolleyes:

Anyways, to get back on topic; I don't blame them for not releasing the space battles with the game, because they'd have to program a whole lot more into the game, like the coding for the X-wing (It really sucks at the moment), and they'd have to make some HUGE levels.

And why spend that extra time making huge levels and piss LucasArts off where they can release the game like they did, keep LucasArts happy, and have teh community make the maps, since Raven knew anyways that we would eventually make space-based maps. Its called covering your ass and keeping the paycheck big.

I have a GC now, off a friend who hated his(which he received as a birthday present) - got for $50(25% of its price here in Australia) and it came with RS2 ! RS2 is amazing, not too hard on the grey matter but dazzling visually(which I love), On a big screen TV etc it looks and sound fabulous, truly cinematic. Looking forward to RS3. In the interim, it is a cube shaped coaster.....

MTFBWYA

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

Well maybe they TOOK out the x-wing, radar, the crosshair and teh siege clock from JA, and put it into that picture!

No, it IS real... we have established that now from the fact that there is even the .nav file for it in the pk3s...

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

I love the Rogue Sqaudron series. I would really love to play RS2 and RS3, but I would never lower myself to buy a gamecube,,,,, I might ask the 10 year old kid across the street to lend me his for a couple of days :p

**goes off cursing lucasarts for bringing out cool game on crappy kiddy console only**

I think there are a lot of suprises in store for JA(MP), this will probably be one of them.... or then again it could have been a screen for the galaxies space battles expansion, who knows.....

MTFBWYA

I would call you an ignoramus but... someone already covered this.

• 2 weeks later...

I took the time to find out what the text says in the picture... it's a rough translation but it gets the point accross. (And it's Spanish by the way)

Although the version tested does not arrange multiplayer, in the end even there will be... ships!

Just in case you wanted to know :D

Archived