Home

Seriously, Single Saber is the best!

Master William

It is! I have experience from Jk2, and I know many tricks...

Like roll-stab when the enemy is doing a kata or one of those spins.

I win 8/10 duels against dual- and staff users.

The katas are very useful,

depends on what situation you are in

(I mean the kata for each stance).

Does anyone feel the same?

I still think the Single saber owns...

I am also good with staff, but I rarely use it.

:slsaber: owns :dsaber: and

:saberg::saberg: (In my opinion of course)

Sorry for the 100 paragraphs, but that stupid banner keeps blocking my text...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like single as its most challenging. If i pick up dual its a joke...I win a ton without even trying.

Regarding single the number one thing I hate is that single stance and even medium, to a degree, get knocked away. They should be as good at blocking as the heavy stance.

Currently the advantage of light is speed. The disadvantage is short range, low damage, and no block ability. Way to much in the way of disadvantages.

If you can't tell I really hate heavy stance. Its just boring to use. I start a swing then I run up to the enemy and try to hit him with the bat. Its unrealistic. While starwars isn't real there is degrees of realistic and running around while in the middle of a powerful swing just seems dumb.

Single saber users are rare!

most if not all the good players I have seen use it,I use it too(I'm not not Bragging just saying I use it)

IMO the staff is the noob stick......

Alot! of people use the staff because they think they look like darth maul.

Originally posted by Tarus

Regarding single the number one thing I hate is that single stance and even medium, to a degree, get knocked away. They should be as good at blocking as the heavy stance.

I agree, fast and medium seem to have been nerfed. Ive never won a duel using fast in JA. I mostly use strong because it connects the most even though it looks lame. Actually hitting someone effectively with fast and medium is unrealistically hard. Imho. But still I use single primarily.

Single saber in JA is not the best right now. It may become the best if Raven/Lucasarts puts out a patch that takes away the damage etc. of the staff and dual moves. I think the damage of certain things needs to be fixed but I do NOT think they should alter any of the moves. The spinning of the dual barrier should remain because if the spinning is removed, that move will be useless and leave you too wide open for any attack. Pivotting should be kept in the game to make it more challenging because a good player isn't stupid enough to attack a barrier if the person is spinning like crazy during it... that's certain death 99% of the time.

Each saber choice has their own strengths and weaknesses. So it all depends on the player...

Too many people, it seems, want JA to be more like Jk2. To me, that is stupid. The 1.04 patch in Jk2 is so boring and the new moves in JA bring alot more variety to saber play... reminds me of the 1.03 patch in Jk2.

My one bit of advice. If they remove the ability to pivot entirely from the barrier, then they should make it so a player can jump away at any time or move if an opponent is about to attack. I would just hate to see this game get ruined and become boring like the 1.04 patch in Jk2 is. 1.04 wasn't boring when it first came out, but a year later... yes, it's very boring.

"If you want JA to be more like Jk2, then just go play Jk2"

I'll agree that for a real noob the staff and dual are easier to score some points on anything but a duel server (there it won't matter what they use). But when the players have a little experience, the random spamming of slashes and katas won't do it any longer. Checking saber only or duel servers I've seen people own with any of the 3 saber types (10/0 on duel or close to it, or #1 with 2x the score of player #2 on a saber FFA), it'll take just as good timing to hit a better player with a butterfly on 1vs1 as trying to land a good one with the single - mixing it up close against a single blade user with the staff seldom works, if the opponent know what he's doing, he'll just use his/her range advantage of the single. The katas of the staff and especially that of the dual saber are hardly useful in a duel, because you see them coming from way off. From my personal experience I'll do just as good/bad with any of the 3 types and the better the opponents get, the more it helps to have some decent experience with all of em to know what can and can't be accomplished.

Personally, up till now I see the 3 of em as fairly balanced, with the exception that I do feel the heavy (red) stance of the single saber could do just a little more damage. As already mentioned above, IMO it ain't the saber it's the wielder that makes the difference.

indeed single saber is really powerful when you know how to use it

but the other sabers are good as well

not for the cheap moves that everyone does (katas, spinning sabers or bfly kicks) but for COOLNESS :) and gameplay of course

i think its quite balanced

i play all sabers and styles and they are all worth playing

good job raven software :thumbsup:

As far as I can tell they are all equal. Their power depends on the skill of the user.

The ONLY area I can think of where the non single sabers MIGHT have an advantage is in saber locks (I've never won with a single blade against a dual or staff). But I say that now with very little experience. Further testing is needed. I know you can try to push them away during a lock, so that might be an option.

Overall though, they have their own pros and cons. I use a variety of types and styles, depending on the game and my mood.

Hey I agree, the single saber has the most versatility of the three saber types, I was playing on a few servers last night, and (not bragging) easily defeated the staff and duel spamers, I fought a few guys that knew how to use the staff and duals correctly and they were great fun... but I still won... 20 times in a row, won all four games in a row. The thing that deters people from the single saber, more specifically the red style is that

1. It's slow

2. It leaves you incredibly vulnerable

3. Its damage ratio is weaker than the staff & Duals

I couldn't believe that after landing a perfect DFA (I tested with a friend) I only did 20 to 30 damage, but my friend just spun around in front of me and grazed me for 35 damage... I mean c’mon!

But the single... more specifically the red stance has three points to it that make it incredibly powerful

1. It is highly time able, and precise

2.It breaks defenses and can knock the opponents saber out of their hand

3. It can have several sub styles

I have created a system of fighting in game with the red style that can do 70 to 100 damage per hit, and shield myself at the same time if I time it just right... without katas... just plain moves...

So all in all the single saber has a high learners curve and allows for a more strategic… open ended style(s) versus the other two styles... (Not that they don’t have strategic possibilities but they only have one style a piece, not counting turning of one end or second saber)

Well that’s just my humble opinion,

-VanishingVision

I use a sabrestaff and I don't consider myself a maul-wannabe. The reason I use it is because of the style of it. I just love the animations you get when doing differant moves. I'm vain and will take something that looks good over something that kills all without a second thought. If it happens to be pretty good as far as killing goes, that is just a nice bonus.

I used the single sabres, and dual sabres, but I found I like the staff better for pure vanity reasons.

So if people think I am just wanting to be Darth Maul, or that I took it to be "uber" then they obviously have know clue.

Some people pick certain things for style, not for being all powerful.

I don't play multiplayer however so I wouldnt know much about that scene.

ps: I don't even like Darth Maul as a character.

Archived