Home

Cloning Jedi: Possible, but why has no-one done it?

Remirol Nacnud

Jedi, such as Luke, can be cloned to make people(Luuke) who are force aware.

In attack of the clones, we see the group of people who made thousands(millions?) of clones of Fett.

So why hasn't one of the obvious storylines been that someone makes a Jedi clone army?

I'd think that was easier than gathering people to go through the valley, or absorb force from places(referring to JK:O and JK:JA here)

There's a fan fiction story right there........

ahh, but in the thrawn Trilogy, Joruus C'baoth is a clone jedi. then again, he was crazy, and Luuke was crazy too. But I think it's because no one had the technology during the NR, and in Ep2, I'm pretty sure Palpatine is smarter than that to create a Jedi Clone army... talk about invincible.. geesh

If someone cloned millions of Jedi like the Clone Troopers, then all the Jedi would still have their Force attunement, BUT, nobody could control them! They don't have the control and experience neccessary to control their immense powers like their original host body. Look at Luuke Skywalker, he turned to the dark side even though he had Luke's DNA. It was very dangerous and risky for Palpatine and Dooku to clone a Jedi/Sith like themselves, because they were probably afraid the cloned Force-users would gain the power to overthrow them as Lords of the Sith. A army of normal yet tough troops provides both a strong yet controllable force.

In which case, why didn't they keep on using clones?

The storm troopers definately aren't competent(even though things are said such as "these blaster shots are too precise to be sand people. Storm troopers did this".

A simple farm boy is supposed to get the better of them.

Whereas Fett can kill Jedi.

Originally posted by Remirol Nacnud

And anyway(sorry for a double post, but it won't let me edit)

It doesn't have to be Dooku or Palpetine.

We've seen people such as Desann or Tavion make an army of force users, and they didn't seem too worried about an uprising.

Hmm that is a good point...lemme get back to you on that one.

On the stormtrooper note, in Heir to the Empire trilogy, they are made out to be more than they are in the games and also in some of the movies. At one point in the trilogy, it is said that the Empire always used Stormtroopers sparingly, even during the height of their reign. In the movies, however, they're used so much, they might as well be grunt soldiers. The trilogy makes them out to be elite. And in games, they throw stormtroopers at you like there was an unlimited supply.

Hi All

Yeah, its hard to try and debate something which isnt real, however, for the sake of my beloved EU brethren, how about :

OK. Mr Lucas had put his cards on the table in episode 1 when he said the force is the result of the symbiotic relationship between living things and midichlorians. In the old jedi academy novels you might remember luke and co wandering around scanning people for 'force potential' the specifics of this were never mentioned, so it was just a fluke that that was what happenned in TPM.... As with any symbiotic relationship, it is nurtured wth age and experience. Yoda has lived for 900 years, and thus would have a very strong connection with them .... What 'strength' in the force wasn't fully clear. sure, anakin even as a kid had heaps of them(more than yoda), but just like with anything its the connection and the experiences they have that speaks volumes, otherwise anakin would've been able to solve the galaxy's problems when he was still 10 !

Hence as for cloning, you can clone the individual, but are the midichlorians cloned ?? Its a hard one ?? the most famous real life clone ever, 'Dolly' the sheep definitely didnt bring along clones of the bacterium(in her intestines for example), this is why dolly was pretty sickly and needed alot of intervention(medicines etc) to get it on its feet to begin with. also, she was born and reared to become the age she was much quicker....

so , its very hard to call, and you just have to think its not likely in GLs vision perhaps, otherwise it would have been favourable to clone a jedi over a merc/bounty hunter(you would imagine). ie . you wouldnt even need 1000s of yodas.....

As for Zahns clones, they were the one stupid aspect of the whole thrawn trilogy, which is otherwise a wonderful sw tirilogy(I think its a bit dated now, read it again and see!)

Anyways, I'm heading back to the bean bag to resume reading Final Prophecy !!

MTFBWYA

Archived