Home

JO SP maps in JA

Prime

Hey Cris,

To make it playable in Jedi Academy, you'll need to do quite a bit to convert it over. First, you'll have to make sure it has all of the textures it's supposed to have. I am not sure, I think I remember it having all the textures that are already available in Jedi Academy, but there may be some that were only in Jedi Outcast, so the best thing to do is extract them from Jedi Outcast and make a folder in the pk3 and add them in. Second, the scripts will have to be updated, changing "kyle" to "player" in every single one of them. I've been thinking about making another conversion of that level. I used to have one, then I lost it. I made a big mod out of it. I replaced the Stormtroopers with the actual Snowtroopers it should have, and replaced the Reborns with the same. I never could figure out why Reborns would be in Echo Base, but that was just me and my personal taste. I even had music replacements for the music - I found some tracks ripped from Rebel Strike, Rogue Squadron 3, and replaced the music with them. Mostly Hoth action music. And even gave Kyle Hoth clothing for the skin. Hey, if you are going to have Kyle on Hoth, you might as well have him dressed for the place, right? And I also replaced the Imperial Officers with a "General Veers" reskin of the Imperial Commando model. Sadly. I don't know if I will ever be able to find that one again. I think it was only on the now-defunct pcgamemods. I 'll have to surf the net and see if it is uploaded anywhere else. Well, enough rambling.

• 10 months later...

Hey Kurgan, sorry I didn't respond back right away. Do you mean any development on converting ImpHoth to Jedi Academy? If you are interested, I can put one together if you wish. I never did find that Hoth Veers reskin I was looking for; I found something similar, but it's not as good but I could do some work on the skin; and I could make up a sort of Kyle reskin of him in Hoth clothing and replace the other characters with Snowtroopers as well. Just let me know. :)

I haven't forgotten about you, Kurgan. I will try to whip up a version Of Imperial Hoth for Jedi Academy this weekend. I think so everyone can make an optional choice, I am going to make an optional pk3 containing the more realistic replacements that would fit better in this map. That will contain the Hoth gear Kyle, the Hoth Gear Imperial Officer, and Snowtroopers. Then you can use it as an option. Stay tuned, and I'll post again when it's ready. :)

UPDATE: It's just about ready. I apologize profusely to everyone for not having it ready when I said I would, it took longer than I thought and I also had company the other night drop in so that slowed me down some. I have toyed with the idea of adding in a second optional pk3 that replaces the default Raven Imperial Officers and Stormtroopers with HapSlash's models, just to make it look nice. The other pk3 is done and has a Hoth outfit for Kyle, a Hoth armor/clothing thing for the AT-ST Pilot model, a skin of the AT-AT Pilot, the Wampa, a slight reskin of the Snowtrooper, and a reskin of the Clone Marine model made by Pra Villon from Mars Marshall's Marine model to a Cold Assault trooper. Like I said, that will be an optional replacement; the original models will be present should no one want to play with the optional pk3s at all. I still need to make up one more file, some text files, etc., and I will get it uploaded. Will update this post again.

Hey Kurgan and everyone,

The conversion is uploaded.

Imperial Hoth for JA

I cover most everything in my main readme, but I will touch on just the Features part here, copied from my readme:

FEATURES:

The Fencer and Force User Reborns that were originally present in this for Jedi Outcast have been restored for the plain vanilla version of the conversion

Special binds have been set to play the conversion as Kyle like it's supposed to be,and there are binds to activate cheat commands:

A - helpusobi 1; B - god; D - undying; E - give all; G - setforceall 1138;

H - g_SaberAnimSpeed 3; I - g_SaberMoveSpeed 3; J - g_speed 500; and K - noclip

Config Scripts for unlimited Force powers and a zoom included

Opening logos video omitted to make mod load faster

Optional replacement of HapSlash's better models of the Imperial Officer and Stormtrooperto use with the regular vanilla conversion

Optional replacement enhancement - play the conversion with some interesting replacements!! Kyle gets a Hoth clothing outfit without the shoulderpad or belt and gets Trauma Sensei's excellent higher definiton saber hilt as well; the Imperial Officers become a reskinned AT-ST Pilot with cold weather armor on; the Imperial Workers become AT-AT Pilots; the Reborns

become Cold Assault Clones, making an appearance in New Republic times(!); the Shadowtroopers become Wampas; the Stormtroopers become non-com Snowtroopers; the Gonk has beeen reskinned to look more Imp like;

so has the R2 and R5 units.

I hope everyone enjoys this, because it took a lot of work and testing to make sure everything worked out okay. Enjoy! :)

• 2 months later...
Okay, I made 28 screenshots and made a page for Photobucket, everyone can view them here:

http://s845.photobucket.com/albums/ab19/mattarga/

Enjoy the screens!! :)

Forceboat,

I am flattered that you took the time to juice this thing up. I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but the screens look fantastic. You can probably tell I'm obsessed with detail and I had always wanted to see these halls running wild with snow troopers and wampas. The models simply didn't exist at the time. Not until later that year when Jedi Academy was released.

I'm glad that CrisG took the time to dust this thing off :)

• 11 months later...

Archived