Home

A chilling prospect. *SPOILERS + Speculation*

Doug Thompson

What if Rosh is the new sidekick?

Think abou it. There will be expansion packs, etc. It's obvious: "Get 'Jedi Academy: Postgraduate Study.' New skins, characters you can play and lightsabers. More than three faces for each gender. Neat new clothes your character can wear."

Being teamed with Kyle would be fine. Being teamed with Rosh would be, well, not fine.

Don't like being the bad guy, but this Rosh-character did nothing but annoyed me right from the start. Dumb weakling...

But I guess a more subtle approach was not possible, because this game is not exactly aimed for grown-ups. Still I wish they'd add little bit more depth into the characters next time.

Stormhammer, you have just enlightened me...

The game's real name is then...

Star Wars: Jedi Knight: SITH Academy

I slaughtered him with all the dismemberment cheats at full, and watch him blow up into millions of pieces with the dual saber twirl...

Originally posted by Qaz

Star Wars: Jedi Knight: SITH Academy

That's not a bad idea for a sequel.

Players who chose the dark side in this game can start out learning new evils. Those who chose the "light" can play Jaden as he/she goes "undercover," pretending to be evil.

Rosh can be a human sacrifice.

i disagree - this is the 4th game in the series, and it's obviously a cash cow for lucas arts. however I doubt that there will be a sith academy, though it would be cool. I suspect that the JK5 will either feature a new, 'fixed' (i.e. no customization) Jaden or a new protagonist altoghter.

so... how do you get dismemberment on?

He's annoying, but I felt sorry for him when I had "the choice" to kill him or not. He sounded so scared and weak, I wasn't going to murder him (It felt like murder when I did kill him :( ). Yeah, you may not like a guy, but are you going to stab him through the heart because you don't like him?

No matter whether you go Light side or Dark side, Jaden is RIGHT about Rosh.

It felt like murder, but at the same time I did like the scene. I think Master Skywalker needs to get his students tested for Bi-polarity though, Jaden seemed to swing between happy/calm and angry.

I mean, she fights all that way to save Rosh, and then because he's not being tortured she gets pissed and kills him?

Originally posted by DeliriumenD

No matter whether you go Light side or Dark side, Jaden is RIGHT about Rosh.

It felt like murder, but at the same time I did like the scene. I think Master Skywalker needs to get his students tested for Bi-polarity though, Jaden seemed to swing between happy/calm and angry.

I mean, she fights all that way to save Rosh, and then because he's not being tortured she gets pissed and kills him?

I think that was because Jaden thought that Rosh might be trying to trick him/her...from the message that Rosh sent, it sounded like Rosh was in a prison or something... (which he might have been...)

I felt kinda sorry for the poor guy...if you stay on the light side, Rosh somewhat tones down. He doesn seem to have learned his lesson. I haven't yet gotten around to going through the game on the dark side yet...

One thing...the part where you must choose your path was great...it was the only part of the game that really made you care about the story and the characters...

Originally posted by DeliriumenD

Jaden did argue with Kyle before they left, pointing out that Rosh's distress call was obviously a trap.

It's quite plausible that somebody can say to himself, "OK. I'll go along. I could be wrong." Then get really mad when she discovers that she was right all along and should have known.

Besides, the dark side people are pushing Jaden's buttons. They know which buttons to push. Until the very end I thought Rosh was a dark side plant, somebody sent to push and pull Jaden to the dark side. I'm still not convinced he isn't.

That would have explained why Rosh buddied up and sent Jaden alone to the temple in the openiing scenes and -- most importantly -- why Tavion didn't kill Jaden, as she easily could have done, at that temple where Jaden saw her using the scepter.

Tavion knocks Jaden out and leaves Jaden there, unconscious, while Rosh is conveniently missing? C'mon.

The final confrontation with Rosh made sense 100%. I could see WHY Jaden would be pissed to hell and back. Hell, I wish there was an option to beat Rosh's teeth out instead of murdering him; perhaps he didn't deserve a lightsabre to the gut, but a few educational kicks to the nuts? He practically BEGS for 'em.

Originally posted by Damar Stiehl

... but a few educational kicks to the nuts? He practically BEGS for 'em.

I always play Jaden as a guy. Perhaps, when the game's played with Jaden as a gal, there's some Freudian attraction-rejection stuff going on. Rosh: "Well, light-side girls don't like me. Maybe I should talk a walk on the dark side. Hey, Tavion, Lulla. Wait up."

You know what I found fun? Draining Rosh when you are at the chose between light and dark. It's not considered an attack so you can charge yourself up for the battle, plus you get to hear him yelp. I haven't taken the time to see if I can kill him this way, but maybe I'll try tonight.

Anyway, Rosh can't be a the side kick in the future, he's dead. I killed him.

Originally posted by Deastin

They're going to go with the dark side ending.

I can see this. You retake the roll of Kyle on a quest to either turn or stop Jaden... Could be interesting..

Also, completely off topic.. Why is JA 2 cd's and alot shorter and JO 1 cd and seems to be much longer??

Archived