Home

Just like JK2...

Danyael

we have the lamers all over again. Swearing, insulting, laming, will it ever change? lol

Some guy connected to my server , and was angry because there were 10 players in the server and he kept dying, so he started swearing saying how the admins are gay etc.. Problem being, I am the only admin in there and I was not even fighting, I was spectating. LOL I did nothing. lol I guess they are always going to be out there.

geez.. lol

geez.. lol

You summed it up perfectly. Alot of those kids need more parental guidance, or maybe a girlfriend...Maybe they should go see their skool counsellor, M'Kay

as they get older, perhaps they can realise that the world has greater problems than JA MP perceived flaws

MTFBWYA

Originally posted by Quid

Cant wait for an admin mod or....kickban...

noobs.

I'm serious on that one; call it a flame because it is.

You people and the admin mod crap drove more people out of this community than any patch ever did.

Mark my word, once that piece of trash mod comes out, and yes I have 0 problem calling it trash because the author knows damn well what his mod is used for but chooses to turn a blind eye, you people are going to literally /amsleep and /kickban people right out of this community like you noobs did in Outcast.

But then again isn’t that what all the happy little noobs and star wars geeks want?

Empty servers and the ones that are actually populated have no one playing?

Wee look at me /amtwirl wee I’m spinning just like Yoda!

Originally posted by FK | unnamed

noobs.

You people and the admin mod crap drove more people out of this community than any patch ever did.

Mark my word, once that piece of trash mod comes out, and yes I have 0 problem calling it trash because the author knows damn well what his mod is used for but chooses to turn a blind eye, you people are going to literally /amsleep and /kickban people right out of this community like you noobs did in Outcast.

But then again isn’t that what all the happy little noobs and star wars geeks want?

I need not say anything more.

Again and again I see these ''complaints'' on stuff that I actually liked with Jk2.

It didn't drive any community way, you're all just making it look like crap, when it isn't.

And not all admins are some idiots who can't use the adminmod right.

I will only use it on people who brake the server rules.

Simple as that. I might /amslap clan mates for fun, but only the ones that also have admin powers, so they can /amslap me back :p

If the devs would include more admin functionality these mods wouldn't be needed.

I ran a server in JO and used the admin mod...it was a godsend. I didn't like the emotes, or the bunny, but the sleep and kicking functions were it's bread and butter. Empowerment, while cool, wasn't necessary either.

The next admin mod really needs the ability to limit admin powers when granted to sub-admins. That would solve all the problems. All we really need are SLEEP, to stop the lamer so you can warn them and clientKick to make it easier to kick players with complex names.

There will likely be ppl that still abuse admin powers, but it's the PEOPLE not the mod itself.

The bottom line is that server rules are set by the person running it, if you don't like the rules and keep breaking them but think getting sleeped, slapped and kicked is lame, then you need to go to a server with no restrictions.

I do not care about emotes or slap or empowerment or anything elsei like the broadcasting, admin chat, easy customization, easy kick and bans to get rid of people who refuse to respect the server rules. Games have rules that need to be followed. admin mods make it easier to enforce them.

call me a noob, call me a name.. i dont care. I just know what I like and what my clan mates like. and having childish lamers who cannot follow simple rules.

cya

What you're describing is every online pc gaming community that has ever existed.

This will not go away because of some honor codes or because of us or because of a new game.

There's nothing that makes the JA/JK2 community special that it attracts "lamers" or "kids."

And before you go off on "Star Wars is a kiddie thing" (which makes no sense, there are plenty of SW fans from 20+ years ago), remember that CS and UT, Q3 etc get the same complaints about llamas, whiners, etc.

The best you can do is not let them get you down, enjoy the game you like to play, and host your own server, or join one where you feel the competative spirit.

The internet (and the world) itself is full of rude and weird people, so you really shouldn't be surprised.

/amsleep uj

hahaha i'd like to see you win a duel now, uj! :)

Originally posted by Kurgan

What you're describing is every online pc gaming community that has ever existed.

Since Ultima Online. There was a time when you could play a game over the internet and wholly expect everyone to be nice.

This will not go away because of some honor codes or because of us or because of a new game.

d00d fight with honor!!!!!!11111oneone

Seriously, I totally respect the idea of an honor code, but it's a waste of time in an online community. People barely understand civility and hygiene, let alone something complex like honor or valor.

There's nothing that makes the JA/JK2 community special that it attracts "lamers" or "kids."

Saber-only servers where they have to be chased down to be killed? Yeah, I played that card. Yeah, it was good.

And before you go off on "Star Wars is a kiddie thing" (which makes no sense, there are plenty of SW fans from 20+ years ago), remember that CS and UT, Q3 etc get the same complaints about llamas, whiners, etc.

SHOOT THE LLAMA!!!!11111oneoneone but seriously, the STar Wars fan base is split pretty evenly...but video gaming is a notorious young man's game. Admittedly, the average gamer is now 22, but the average fps gamer must be closer to 11.

The best you can do is not let them get you down, enjoy the game you like to play, and host your own server, or join one where you feel the competative spirit.

Or own them repeatedly. Especially from behind. Then mock them. Until they cry. Because they will. It's ultimately a self-esteem issue. Ruin their virtual self-esteem and they leave.

The internet (and the world) itself is full of rude and weird people, so you really shouldn't be surprised.

Hey, I'm blunt. If you think that's rude, you need to reset your moral compass and check again buddy. I will treat you exactly the same way you treat me, and trust me, everything you can do, I can do better (especially when it comes to something like mocking).

I expect very little respite, but I'm happy when I do find it. The good-natured ribbing that goes on in the competitive community is a lot nicer than the out-and-out laming that goes on in most public servers.

"Admin MODs" HOW LOW CAN THIS GAME GO!!!!

I entered more than my fare share of servers running this trash. Nobody was playing the game everyone was just standing around watching people do stupid emotes. This game has enough stupid emotes as it is. If you people want a server with nobody playing just lock it and give your little buddies the password. So you can all stand around and do stupid emotes and pretend you're a jedi in peace. :rolleyes:

Yes ADMIN MOD sh!t is the death of a game. Instead of servers running actual games you have a "3D Jedi wannabe ICQ chat" Like for every real game server running JKII " a server where you could actually play the game" There was 3 or 4 lame "ADMIN MOD" servers running.

If someone wants to make a good Admin mod or Client mod. Make a mod that mutes the freaking chat on someone so you don't here them b!tch and moan.

Right now all the b!tching just tells me who I should really be trying to kill. :rolleyes:

I've been lamed on all these no LAMING servers. lol Mostly by the admins running it. "how ODD" Than you kick their @ss and they kick you off the server.

Really there is no such thing as laming. If you enter a game you enter to play not to socialize. There is no manners there is no freaking honor code. All you do is run around try to kill people to get the highest score. If someone kicks your ass you shut up and take it, or you kick his.

All this crying about lamers and crap really gets on my nerves. I mean really what do you think the game is for ??????????????

LAMEING MEANS this and nothing more.........(You got me before I got you and now I'm mad and I'm going to vote you off the server.)

if this was quake or UT, I would not care. those are face paced games. this game however is much slower and for my server/clan in general. we are more of a social clan.. we play, duel, ffa, etc.. but when you get someone in there swearing up a storm, insulting, call people obscene racist names, then yes. call my a noob.. i dont like that. not cool. they need to either respect the wishes and rules of that particular server or get out. if they dont. they are kicked / banned/ silence/ put to sleep whatever it takes. most of them they need to be banned. this is a game yes, but how many people actually enjoy someone ruining game play for you? calling you faggot or ni$%#@.. etc.. not cool at all.

my .02

Originally posted by FK | unnamed

noobs.

Agreed.

There's nothing that gets on my nerves in this game faster than admins on power trips. I want to play the game, I want to kill people in lightsaber duels.

Well guess what? My fun is restricted by a 12 year old admin using /amslap + /amsleep over and over because I owned him in a duel fair and square. A 12 year old admin standing over my sleeping character on the ground, telling me that I "lack honor". I mean come on, I'd expect those words from a chinese karate master, not some drugged up 12 year old moron fake excuse-for-an administator on a power trip!

Originally posted by Danyael

how many people actually enjoy someone ruining game play for you? calling you faggot or ni$%#@.. etc.. not cool at all.

my .02

Like I said kick thier @ss and call it a day.

Better yet make a mod that mutes there typing. "like I said before." If they talk all kinds of crap and are running around killing everyone still......well than. lol

Archived