Home

lamer blues

SLTHORIN

what really bites is when you run by someone with their saber off and then they take you out from bhind , everybody has lamed at some point, some do it more then others ahhh......whats the point(fires one up) its time fo da empire ta strike back....!@ grab yo Spliff:confused: glad this isnt a STWG forum

Here's a quick lesson for you (From the harsh "real world" of online gaming).

In the spirit of Joseph Campbell:

Symbol: Meaning:

Text box over head I am defenseless, strike me down with all of your hatred, and your journey towards the darkside will be complete!

Saber off I can feel your anger, the hate is swelling in you now... take your Jedi weapon... use it. I am unarmed...

I personally would love to have a rule of saber down = peace. Unfortunately this is the real world and it is abused beyond relief.

Though I promote a "kill all" on my server , I don't actually like killing people unarmed all the time. It's almost like a question of ethics. :eek:

Basically, saber down = peace boils down to one thing:

Ego.

Too many people whining that they got killed while chatting in the middle of the game. It's amazing, especially because it makes so LITTLE sense. You don't play pro football and expect everyone to stop playing because you were chatting with your friend. You don't expect someone to not fire you because you were not doing job, but instead 'chatting'.

Further more, since this is a game in which your death has little effect on anything, it really does just boil down to ego.

Generally, the ones that whine about being killed while chatting are the ones that have too much ego... they can't stand losing. They can't just 'accept' that someone took a cheap shot and killed them, they have to make sure EVERYONE on the server knows that they are 'da Bomb' at JA. Everyone on the server is fully aware that 'so and so' is chat killing, so when he has a high score... who cares? He's illegitimate. Leave it at that.

I let people chat kill me all the time. They say sorry, and I say back "who cares?" It's a pub, I wasn't talking about anything important, it's a not a team game where the points will effect the outcome of anything... and most importantly, no one agreed that we should stop playing the game to read something that is probably irrelevant.

Saber down = peace is for people with inflated heads. I don't seek out to destroy people with chat boxes up, but when when I've locked on to someone, they run around a corner, and then throw up that box right as i'm appearing.... well... too bad. Death to you. Get over it.

From my Jedi Outcast Kill Tracker: (Which I only had for 4 months)

I have been slain 2120 times.

Thank goodness it's just a game!

Personally, I don't do it, I would much rather have someone fight back, but hey if you need to frag me while I'm afk, or typing, or watching TV, by all means, go right ahead. It's not real life, its a video game.

But believe me, if I am in a team match or ctf, you will not get the opportunity to kill me with my saber off. :)

I agree with the Doc, it's ego. Some people take their entertainment quite seriously. I find it all quite amusing.

Saber down=peace......pfft yeah right like that'll even happen. Yeah it's cheap, it's lame, whatever. You people who cry after being chatkilled are complete airheads.

I'm in a ffa, everyones running around. I'm about to fight a guy, and a box pops over his head. Pfft yeah...he thinks he's going to be safe just by putting a box over his head? Sorry.....ain't gonna happen.

Besides, I'm sure all you whiney brats who complain about chatkilling have chatkilled yourself at least 3 times in the past. Not even counting the times you were mad while playing, for whatever reason. I'm willing to bet money on it.

And if I'm ever chatting in there, it's in an isolated spot where no one else is around. Maybe you whiners who complain about chatkillers should do that too if you HAVE to talk in game. Not just see a guy, put a box over your guys head, and expect him to just run by you. Hah.

I personally think its a stupid rule. A dark jedi is not going to honor your saber down...he is going to pull a vader

"You are a fool to lower your defenses" (or whatever the exact words were) *saber throw*

What kinda movie would we have had if vader said "I am honorable, raise your saber and we shall fight. Opps, wait, I forgot to bow"

I agree rad. For bows ill usually let the person bow and not do anything.

When typing is concerned I give no quarter. If you are typing at the start of the round ill give you 5-10 seconds to finish, beyondthat im killing you and you can finishy our speech while others are not waiting (note, I play duel mode)

The people who constantly talk whiel fighting just die, I dont' care if they want to cry or claim im cheating...im not patient enough to see a good opening only to let it go because the person's chat bubble came up.

it doesn't bother me a bit to get killed while I'm typing and/or changing settings...

it also doesn't bother me to saberthrow into someone's head when they're bowing. You can cancel the emote by moving or attacking, so it's no excuse.

What bothers me is when my opponent shows me how badly I truly suck at the game by beating me in honest combat! :p

I can respect not attacking someone with their chatbox up (and I'll apologize if I do by accident -- why the hell did Raven make the chatbox so hard to see?) because they may legitimately be working in the console or with their settings (and thus unable to see fully), but if someone is standing around with their saber down then they're just some moron who forgot he's in the middle of a battlefield.

It's the same idea as walking into the middle of a melee in the Colliseum at Rome and dropping your weapon and expecting not to be a victim of Roman bloodlust. Sorry, not going to happen.

The exception to that rule, at least for me, is when someone is bowing. But, be wary, as bowing should be done AT THE BEGINNING OF THE MATCH ONLY. After that, you're simply lowering your guard. Mr. Miyagi drilled this into Daniel-san, and a lot of martial arts instructors will do the same with their own students (I know I do): it is correct, honorable and laudable to bow before your opponent before and after the match, but always, always keep your eyes on them.

If you want to go AFK, hit ESC and go take your piss. Better yet, wait until you get killed and then don't respawn until you've done what you have to do.

I totally agree with the doc on this one.

If you care so much about dieing in a game that's point scoring revolves around dieing, you have too big of an ego. And when it says "Your name was sabered by His name" You must let everybody know that your chatbox was up or that your saber was down and that he was a lamer and did not 'earn' his kill 'honorfully'. Saber down = peace...? Saber down = free kill in my books. Saber down = someone who obviously doesn't know that your saber is your only means of defense, and putting it down is inviting death. You put your saber down, you put your chat box up, you get killed... face it. No need to whine about it. Just hit the Attack button, respawn, and continue playing. No harm done. Cry me a river, build me a bridge, and get over it.

I run around with my saber down all the time, tho...it doesn't mean peace..it just means I want to be harder to pick out at a distance...besides, I have the saber key bound to ctrl, so I can hit that OR attack to block an incoming hit...it's not rocket science. :rolleyes:

Archived