Home

lamer blues

SLTHORIN

The only 'chatting' that I tolerate is when I'm on a server with friends - and we're actually passing comments between each other (camaraderie), instead of spouting useless nonsense. I won't cut down a friend who is talking to me, because that's discourteous, in my view.

Anywhere else...it's open season. ;P

i used to follow the server "rules" cause i thought it was a common practice, but after reading these posts and similar forums i have decided to return the mob and shoot anything. Does ne1 have a list of servers where anything goes and i wont be kicked for playing the game?

the golden days of JA are almost over already. I already see FFA servers that are 'for duelling only' and full force duel servers which are full of 'NO FORCE YOU LAMAR' people.

ah the lawlessness of the first week or so of release... snif I'll miss you.

On second thought this is really nailing in my resolution to get a game server and call it 'The Full Force Lamers Paradise.'

I sure can't seem to find one around me thats not up in an unacceptable ping.

=P

Agreed. I'm bothered more by the dorks that cry "lamer!!" than the lamers themselves. I especially can't stand people who walk around with their saber down in the MIDDLE OF A HUGE FIGHT, and then complain when someone kills them. Give me a break. If you're off in a corner somewhere with your saber down, I'll try to avoid you. If you're standing right next to me while I'm trying to take on 3 other guys with their sabers out, I'm not going to go out of my way to avoid hitting you.

And what I dislike even more than that are people who come on a server and literally stand there with their sabers off THE WHOLE TIME. It's like, why are you even playing this game? They stand there with saber off, saying absolutely nothing, until someone kills them and then it's LAMER !! LAME !! DARTH MIKAL LAMER!! LAMED ME HE LAMED HE'S A LAMER LAMER LAME LAME LAMER DARTH MICHAEL LAMED!!! LAMER!! Like the god damn lamer police or something. Look, you have zero kills, I have more than enough legitimate kills to keep me near the top of the scoreboard, wtf difference does it make if I accidentally kill you? The only purpose it servers is to possibly get me kicked because you're crying so loudly.

For me, sabre down /= peace. Hell, i try and kill people with my sabre off, just to spite them :)

However- sabre off and chat symbol = no killin'. Ive always had a thing about that.

Just playing a couple of weeks ago at a lan (JK2) i planted a turret around a corner, hoping to get a jedi who was following me, but it started to attack a guy changing his settings. I actually killed my own sentry and subsequently got killed by the jedi because i didnt want to kill this guy while he was 'away'.

I dont play these games for a fragfest, thats what quake is for. Jedi Knight's abide by a strict code, and a sense of honor.

Originally posted by Matariel

I dont play these games for a fragfest, thats what quake is for. Jedi Knight's abide by a strict code, and a sense of honor.

A strict code, huh? Where is this code written down, I might add. The funny thing is when I bought Jedi Knight II and Jedi Academy I was looking at a game that was Quake III ala Star Wars. Not Star Wars ala Chat Engine. This game's sole purpose is a fragfest, not people walking around ffa_bespin with their sabers down saying "You, honor me." Did Raven or LucasArts have this in mind when making the game? I think not.

I keep my books from games that I buy (just a habit). In Jedi Academy it describes FFA as "...players score points by eliminating other players, and no one is considered an ally..." Scoring points does not involve "Standing with your saber down and looking honorful towards your fellow Jedi friend". I feel sorry for the 'real' newbies, the ones who just buy the game looking for a good time. They get into the game and start to kill their opponent who has his saber down for some reason. He's only doing what he's supposed to do in order to win... and then when he kills him he gets called a 'lamer' and is kicked out of the server. This happens again and again until he chucks the game into the trash. Good job guys! This 'honor code' came into effect when somebody was getting owned by someone else so he put his saber down and made it a law that saber down = peace. When does this happen? In any game if you put your weapon down does it mean peace? No. If you put your saber down against bots do they attack you instead of bowing with you? Hell yes. In Star Wars does Darth Vader go "Ahh... you are very honorful. I will wait until you raise your lightsaber and then I shall bow..." when Luke turns off his saber.... cough... I think not. Saber down = peace? Ha! Only if you aren't skilled enough to handle the onslaught. Spectator mode = peace. Yes. You don't want to fight? You don't want to play the game... just stand around and do nothing? Go to spectator and let the real players play.

Someone once posted about a complaint about a strange server with freakish girl admins who would walk everywhere and would give people the "evileye" when they did something wrong. So I was looking throught the server list and I found a cool looking server, and joined.

:eek:

There they were! The freaky girl admins! Crouched down watching people fight, and I spawned right behind them once I joined! Sabers down and all! Well I just couldent stand the temtation because the banned a fellow former so I typed "g_dismember 100" and "cg_dismember 3". I still couldn't believe it.

I changed to yellow stance and swung.

Muah ha ha ha ha!

They both fell headless and started calling me a lamer in german.

Hehehehehe.

So you all know I hate saber down=peace.

Muah ha ha ha ha!

:fett:

Archived