Home

Forcing switches

cayqel

Okay maybe I missed it but other than in the the training missions I found no switches I could force push/pull. I tried it a number of times, but none of the switches, levers, or buttons responed. Why even put it in the training if it has no implementation in the game?

I totally agree. Major, major oversight. :rolleyes: There were a number of times I tried to Force Pull a switch from a little distance in JA, but nope...you physically have to 'use' them.

Environmental interaction as a whole could have been markedly improved throughout...and using the Force on the environment in particular. Switches are just the tip of the ice berg.

I wanted to push and pull crates around - push a crate into someone hiding behind it, for example, and give them a nasty surprise. You could even do that (admittedly only a couple of 'scripted' times) in JO.

For any future sequel in this series - they seriously need to look at what being a Jedi really means, and how you should be able to interact with the environment around you. The Half-Life 2 gravity gun is a prime example of what you should be able to do as a Jedi - move stuff around. It should not simply be focused on lightsaber combat... :rolleyes:

If they ever do a new game based on the HL2 engine ,I'm sure you'll see a "force levitate" so you can hold crates in front of you as cover.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, virtually all of the items in HL2 will be "interactable" with so you could levitate any object in the game. You'll probably also see objects breaking if you push someone or something into them or cut them up with your lightsabre.

The HL2 engine could also allow a comeback of force throw. It was taken out of the game because you had to be in an area with debris in it for it to work, and that sucked. Of course, what we really want is to be able to throw anything around us a la Vader in ESB.

I'm really looking forward to HL2 (while at the same time praying my computer will run it). A JK series game with with the HL2 engine would kick ass!

Archived