Home

Dismemberment, Yes or no, HELP?

Etrall

I've looked on cheat sites for the dismemberment cheat, however, it does not seem to work (it worked in JKoutcast). Did the developers just not make dismemberment models for non-jedi opponents? Has any one else enabled this for Jedi Academy, if so.....How?

I've tried:

devmapall

g_saberrealisticcombat (1-20)

Originally posted by silent_tool

For me helpusobi 1

and then g_SaberRealisticCombat 2

works just fine, at least i send body parts flying most of the time.

:D

are you talking about single game? or MP ?

my rib cut working for single play but didnt work for MP ... :(:confused:

Yes, single player.

Also when I type in g_saber then press tab extra G_saber variations come up but not realisticcombat (g_sabercolor......).

Is my game a differerent version?

Is there anything I can do to fix this if it is? :confused:

For JA, saberrealisticcombat has been CHANGED to saberMORErealistic.

To do it, you need to engage in some shortcut/command line trickery, so please check out this thread for the full method of doing it properly:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111511

For MP, all you need to do is make sure the server is running:

g_dismember 100

and the clients are running:

cg_dismember 100

Originally posted by Kurgan

For MP, all you need to do is make sure the server is running:

g_dismember 100

and the clients are running:

cg_dismember 100

g_dismember on the server side controls the frequency of dismemberment, cg_dismember on the client side controls the type of dismemberment the client sees:

cg_dismember 0 is no dismemberment

cg_dismember 1 is arms and legs but no heads or waist-cuts

cg_dismember 2 is arms, legs, decapitation, and Darth Maul-type waist cuts

Any cg_dismember value above 2 is the same as 2, so cg_dismember 100 or 1000 is the same as 2.

Excuse me, I thought that in JA the number was the probability (100 being 100% of saber kills = dismemberment).

The g_ was the server toggle, and the cg_ was the client toggle.

So you're saying that if the server has it on at 100 the client can still make it so they only see arms cut off?

If I'm wrong, fine, but I thought that was the logic of it.

When I enter the revised target it says it is not valid. I changed mine to fit program files (my directory and it still does not work.

Let me guess you're using winXP right? In XP it works differently than in 98SE (which is what I'm using). Somebody posted how to get it to work in XP in the same thread. It had something to do with putting it inside or outside of quotation marks.

You obviously have to put the directory of where your game is installed. Unlike a lot of people I installed my game in a custom folder, not C:\Program Files\Lucas Arts\Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\ or whatever the default is. So don't use my directory... and it should work.

Someone posted a dismember mod which raised all of the npcs' probabilities to maximum and I found that it works perfectly like the old Enyak mutilate mod for JO.

Of course not every enemy will be taken apart like when the write protected g_sabermorerealistic is briefly changed but it does sever any of the limbs with the right hit.

I'm constantly severing arms, hands, legs, heads and with a couple of right moves a few midsections. They don't fly apart into pieces but at least severing works. I'm not exactly sure where I saw the dismember mod, but I think it is in a thread here in the JA forum.

With the npc mod there is no need for console or exe modification.

Originally posted by Kurgan

Excuse me, I thought that in JA the number was the probability (100 being 100% of saber kills = dismemberment).

The g_ was the server toggle, and the cg_ was the client toggle.

So you're saying that if the server has it on at 100 the client can still make it so they only see arms cut off?

If I'm wrong, fine, but I thought that was the logic of it.

Yes, try it on your own computer. Play Solo Game or whatever it's called in JA multiplayer to create a local server. Add some Ugnaught bots that are easy to kill. Open the console and type /set g_dismember 100 to set the server cvar, then /set cg_dismember 2 to set the client cvar (both server and client are running on your machine). Swing away and you should see heads, arms, legs, and torsos flying.

Then /set cg_dismember 1 and you'll see arms and legs cut off but no decaps or waist-cuts. Then /set cg_dismember 0 and you won't see dismemberment at all, but someone else with cg_dismember 1 or 2 will. All this without changing g_dismember 100. If the server sets g_dismember 0, then no one will see dismemberment, no matter what cg_dismember is. Designing it this way gives maximum flexibilty: the server admin can decide whether she wants to offer players dismemberment and how frequently, but each client\player can still decide how much gore they want to see, if it's offered by the server.

"Someone posted a dismember mod which raised all of the npcs' probabilities to maximum and I found that it works perfectly like the old Enyak mutilate mod for JO."

Does anyone know where this file is? The old Enyak file worked great for JK:JO. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

:jawa

Furious

Reposted from http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111511 (page 1, stickied at the top of this forum)

Hey guys, check this out, here's an alternate method to getting dismemberment (SP) to work in the full version.

Okay, first find the jasp.exe and create a shortcut to it on your desktop.

Now right click on the shortcut and click on properties. Now in the box it should look something like this:

Target: C:\games\JediAcademy\GameData\jasp.exe

(it'll be different, but you see that it points to the directory where your game is installed)

Now edit the line and make it look like this:

C:\games\JediAcademy\GameData\jasp.exe +set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +devmapall +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

Then hit apply/okay and you're set.

Now here is what it does:

The "devmapall" part turns on cheats (and clears the cache to save memory).

g_sabermorerealistic is write protected, but if you run it from the command line the game will just set it to that value at the beginning.

The "load quick" part will load whatever game you have saved in your QuickSave slot. In fact, it will launch the game directly from the shortcut (you won't have to watch the intro screens or wait for the menu to pop up). So just use your QuickSave (mine is F7, but whatever your's is) and take a spot where you want to begin with dismemberment on.

Now as to the value you put for sabermorerealistic:

g_sabermorerealistic 1 seems to (I'm guessing) just be increased damage (but dismemberment is very very rare).

g_sabermorerealistic 2 is full dismemberment (with almost every hit). But idle saber does no damage to NPC's.

g_sabermorerealistic 3 is the "idle saber cuts you up into teeny tiny bits" mode which is more like the classic "saberrealisticcombat" from JK2.

I'm using Win98SE and when I use the above method, every saber kill gives dismemberment (and I can usually continue to dismember a body after a kill as well). The idle saber does no damage, so it's NOT like saberrealisticcombat in JK2 (unless I change the "2" to a "3" then it is).

In MP of course you don't need to bother with any of this and just use the cg_dismember/g_dismember commands as already mentioned.

If you have WinXP try something like this instead (thanks to Greg Suarez):

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe + set g_sabermorerealistic 2 + devmapall + load quick + set g_sabermorerealistic 2"

Well if creating a shortcut (two clicks on the mouse) and editing one line of text is too hard for you, perhaps someday somebody will make a zip file (pk3) that has the changes already edited into each npc (text) cfg and you can download that file and put it into your base folder and end up with the same result.

; )

Now I'm just teasin'... enjoy!

Ive made the shortcut with sabermorerealistic 2, it doesnt work. I substituted sabermorerealistic 2 for saberrealisticcombat 10 and it went to JO style dismemberment, but I want to get it so idle sabers dont do damage, so i dont need to worry about accidently exploding crates i get to close to..

I'm using XP and I have (almost) no problems with dismemberment when I set g_saberrealisticcombat to 2. As Kurgan mentioned above, 2 is full dismemberment without idle saber damge, 3 will include that. And no, I'm not referring to sabermorerealistic, that didn't seem to work for me, though I don't know why (possibly it's just because I've got the German version, but I see no reason for that). Well, anyways, saberrealisticcombat does work pretty fine for me, though I had some problems with dismemberment needing some time to kick in, and sometimes without cvar change stops working :confused: .

Originally posted by mikamu

dismemberment is getting me frustrated people braging how cool it is but nothing i do works my computer runs on xp, is it different than 98 , if so ,someone with xp tell me how to get this working :mad:

using XP this is what i have

"D:\Games\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy Demo\GameData\jasp.exe" +set helpusobi 1 +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

notice that the " bits are before the first +set

this works fine for me and im chopping people in to bits left right and centre , can even cut them up more as they fall to the floor after i have killed them

Originally posted by Jackel

using XP this is what i have

"D:\Games\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy Demo\GameData\jasp.exe" +set helpusobi 1 +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

notice that the " bits are before the first +set

this works fine for me and im chopping people in to bits left right and centre , can even cut them up more as they fall to the floor after i have killed them

i did all that and it is working great, but does it increase the damage hte saber causes? i cant really tell. i love having dismembering back on but i dont want it to change anything about the deadleness of the saber. does it do that?

I did the shortcut-thing and entered all the right commands, but that didn't do anything. I waited a long time for it to "kick in" as well. Then I tried simply typing in the console: "g_sabermorerealistic 2" (without quotes). I didn't get anything about write protected. But the command didn't do anything either. Then I tried "g_saberrealisticcombat 2" (without quotes), and that worked! I know ChangKhan from Raven said that if g_saberrealisticcombat does anything for you, then you are either playing JO or an illegal early version of JA. Well, I am not playing JO. I am absolutely NOT playing an illegal version of JA! My copy is fresh from the shelves at Spaceworld.

So it seems there are different versions of the game in different countries or something. "g_sabermorerealistic" works for some and "g_saberrealisticcombat" works for others.

(With "g_saberrealisticcombat 2" I have to attack with the saber to do damage and dismember. With "g_saberrealisticcombat 3" idle saber will cut enemies into bits.)

Archived