Home

Dismemberment, Yes or no, HELP?

Etrall

Originally posted by Archonon

Someone posted a dismember mod which raised all of the npcs' probabilities to maximum and I found that it works perfectly like the old Enyak mutilate mod for JO.

Of course not every enemy will be taken apart like when the write protected g_sabermorerealistic is briefly changed but it does sever any of the limbs with the right hit.

I'm constantly severing arms, hands, legs, heads and with a couple of right moves a few midsections. They don't fly apart into pieces but at least severing works. I'm not exactly sure where I saw the dismember mod, but I think it is in a thread here in the JA forum.

With the npc mod there is no need for console or exe modification.

I hate killing all saber wielding characters with one swing, dismemberment is cool, but not when your saber does so much damage, I am currently playing on Sabermorerealistic 2, with the shortcut but it does to much damage. I would like a patch like the old enyak patch for Jo it worked perfect.

Hm, it turns out I can't get the dimemberment to work as perfectly as I thought. It happens quite rarely, but when it does, it's waist, head, legs etc... everything can be dismembered.

I use g_saberrealisticcombat 2. Also tried 3. No more dismemberment, but the difference was that idle saber did damage. As I said earlier, g_sabermorerealistic does nothing for me, but it is included in the command list. I tried typing g_saber and cycling through different commands with TAB, and g_sabermorerealistic was there, as well as g_saberrealisticcombat. It would be nice if someone could explain the difference between those two cammands. And does g_dismemberment do anything at all?

Ok... what the heck is up with this?? When I hit tab I don't see g_saberealisticcombat ... all I get is the sabermorerealistic garbage that is write protected. So what's the deal? Are there different versions of JA out there or are people just full of it? The onlly way I can get dismemberment to work is by using the aforementioned method of altering the shortcut to the JA executable. The problem with that is, that it only seems to work sometimes and in some levels barely at all. The wedge antilles level it works great. Dismemberment occurs on nearly everyone, but on others, it only works like 20% of the time, but when it does I do get the full dismemberment(head, waist etc...).

So what is the deal here? Is there any way to get it to work like it did in JO? Like 100% of the time on every level? I'm getting tired of slicing people up with my nerf lightsaber... I need some cutting action.

-Rap

I've tried all the different ways to get the dismemberment to work but to no avail ... that is until I tried with the saberrealisticcombat command.

I'm from Denmark and Samus (who also reported using the saberrealisticcombat to get the body parts flying) is from Norway. On the cover of my copy of Jedi Academy it says: "Manufactured in the EU". I would hazard a guess and claim that at least 2 different versions of JA seems to be in circulation.

The real issue, in my opinion, is: If the 2 versions differ all the way down to the command line level, then on how many other points do the 2 versions differ too? :confused:

Archived