Home

Multi-duel mod?

Zonk7

He might be referring to the mod that is run on this jk2 server:

bygames.com Jedi Knight II #01 [Multi-Duel] [no force] |29ms|194.117.138.253:28070

It's a totally server-side mod that was never publically released. I'm not really into sabers-only but even I enjoyed playing this occasionally. It has player accounts stored on the server that keep track of your performance, provided that you log-in each time you join. It also makes some changes to the damage scales and also prevents any damage being done outside of duels. If you still play jk2 you should give it a try.

I swear there was a console command to do this in the game already, without using mods.

seta g_privateDuel "2" (instead of 1) in cfg file?

g_privateDuel 2 (instead of 1) in console?

Anyway, if not, you can always play Power Duel (2 vs. 1)! ; )

I'll give that a shot Kurgan.

You seem to know a fair bit about console, so how about making a sticky with all teh useful console commands.

It would be nice if we had a list of CVARS that can be changed and tweaked server side as there is limited information available as yet :D

The "Not Enough Customization.." thread is just such a discussion.

However it's not a neat organized list, its more a discussion where people post as they figure stuff out.

Someday (and Skinwalker has already started to do this but I think he can't keep up, things get posted too fast) I'll compile a comprehensive list of all the stuff we found and post it so people can get it (you can do that now if you want on your own).

You can view the various stuff and play around with them (just be sure to write down your original settings so if the game gets screwed up you can fix it back to the way it was!):

cmdlist

cvarlist

Each of those commands in the console will give you a huge list. Use the pageup and pagedown (NOT on the numberpad) keys to scroll up and down (you may have to hold the key down and wait a few seconds because the lists have some blank spaces in them sometimes). Get one you want, mess around with changing the numbers. Find one you really like, and add the proper line into your cfg file(s).

So did the private duel thing work? I didn't have a chance to test it myself in JA... (haven't had that many people in a FFA lately).

But join my server and I'll be happy to test it with you. ; )

Archived