Home

Everything Question Thread

Jo

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You need to have the screenshot on a server where it can be accessed from the internet. This will not work by just putting the path to the image on your PC in the IMG button.

Most internet providers give thier subscribes free space on a web server for web pages and files as part of the service.

Check with you ISP and see if they supply web hosting space and how you access it. Then you have to 'link' the image in your post so it will appear. This is pretty much like linking to a web page.

Example"http://webserver.isp.com/username/picture_directory/picture.jpg"

It's kinda hard to explain. :)

• 2 weeks later...

hi all, quick question regarding rebel them park missions. does anyone know where you find the general and luke on yavin? obviously mon montha's allegiance to the rebel cause is somewhat skewed, or she would have given me the exact coords herself. bah! any help would be much appreciated :) .

-Famus

Hwta is a good planet to play one it seems everytime I play, I go out, I hunt I come back to the city to heal wounds or whatever and it is always a ghosttown. I been to 3 diffrent places and they are all ghost towns. Doesnt help me level at all and it is actully making the game pretty boring. Any help for dis noob.:eek:

Originally posted by Mikloh

Hwta is a good planet to play one it seems everytime I play, I go out, I hunt I come back to the city to heal wounds or whatever and it is always a ghosttown. I been to 3 diffrent places and they are all ghost towns. Doesnt help me level at all and it is actully making the game pretty boring. Any help for dis noob.:eek:

On most servers I play on you will find most people at Coronet starport, Corellia, or Anchorhead, Tatooine. Don't go to Anchorhead if you are an imp though.

Originally posted by ijrman

Is there a way to view what is listed above my character when others look at me?

Well your name is there along with your guild, if you are in one. If you press ctrl+p it is under one of the tabs. you can select things like newbie helper or looking for group. you can also select a title. the more skills you have the more titles you can select from. dont pay too much attention to titles though. when i become a master pistoleer and get all the bounty hunter pistol skills i will probably select a title that would make someone think i am a noob. then when they fight me they are in for a big surprise. but im sure lots of people already do this so dont ever look at someones title and think they are weak.

Hi all

I just bought SWG a few days ago and I started a medic.

To make Healing packs you have to get 8 organic (of the same thing e.g. Eggs) and 8 inorganic. I found trying to get the 8 organic things annoying (I was looking for them myself using some skill to look at the nearby ground)

I was just wondering is there an easier way to find them as it can take awhile. Other than buying them on Bazaar? Do you have to do this all the time with the medic, look for the materials? That could get really annoying.

Also when I managed to get 8 of the same organic mats. and 8 inorganic and I put them in the crafter to make a stimpack and I clicked "next" and it came up with an error and I didnt the the stimpack and I lost my organic and inorganic mats.

Is that an error with the game or did I do something wrong?

Cheers in advance, sorry for so many questions

Lazer,

the easist way to gt these is to get novice artisan. Buy a mineral device (can't remeber the name right now) and survey and sample. That will take care of the inorganic. The organinc, hmm, I should say that cause you could just buy them off me real cheap, but get Novice scout, kill something and harvest it's meat, hide, or bone.

100 for novice artisan

500 for survey device

100 for Novice scout

700 to make your own meds.

So all you pharmacist out there, you may want to lower prices to make up for the work we can do ourselves.

• 2 weeks later...

well here goes 1. I,ve noticed that some peoples ham bars are real skinny and in combat they seem to take alot more damage then i can. They have armor but so due I. Is it because of buffs or am i missing something. I have master scout and marksmen so i have to be near thier levels novice creature handler and bounty hunters.

2. I am doing the deadeye mission and needed to find the operative. Found her and pulled up conversation and got attacked by a group of swoopers and was killed before i could talk to her. Upon cloning the waypoint was gone. will the coordinator give me a new waypoint or am out of luck. 3. Armor can you reduce the encumbrance with buffs or go out and buy a better set and does anyone know a good armorer.same deal with weapons want to buy a few good ones but can't find a good weapon smith on tatoonie (Kettemore) if you know of good ones could i get coord. Thanks in advance and i hope this was the right place to ask.

Maybe one of you guys can help me.

I'm behind a Linksys WAP router. It has a function where it dynamically lets ports open and close as needed so I dont need to manually keep them open to play SWG, it does it by itself. That's not the problem though.

Even though it works fine, I keep getting "Connection to SWG lost!" at pretty much random times. Sometimes it will be 10 mins, sometimes i could be half an hour to an hour. Either way, it's REALLY annoying. I know for a fact that it's something to do with the router because when my roomate goes to his dad's for the weekend now and then I'm not on the router and it works perfectly fine.

If anyone knows what the problem may be PLEASE let me know. It's very agrivating because my looping macros are useless if im not around to reconnect if i get disconnected!!!

Thanks

-Tony

@Tony,

Its me again. I did some research on the subject we recently discussed about with the linksys and according to my friends router (make unknown to me) and i found out that when im all alone in the wild sampling with a macro and walk away from my keyboard for half an hour i get back with SWG at its character select screen.

When i stay in a city whith people running about i dont seem to have this problem. Now my friend and i tested this out a bit and it seems random at the moment.

Does anyone have theory about this in SWG where u are in the wild the server keeps a low bandwithload to your client to perserve bandwidth???. ie. it does'nt update that much data until a guy comes walking by u and when hes gone again the network load reduces to lets say once every 30secs?

This, if so, could explain the random disconnects from SWG.

Anyone?

Archived