Home

The Harbour VS Life and how to live it , A Q&A Thread

Darth Groovy

Dear Monkey Island Admin,

I was wondering,

If the good people from the Harbour were to come up with a new name, opposed to "Life and how to live it", would you at least hear them out?

If not, could you kindly explain the necessity for the name change? I don't feel that is too steep of an order, and it would be more than kind if you would hear them out. If this backfires, I apologize in advance, but I had to try.

Sincerely,

Darth Groovy

(Harbour/Life and how to live it members insert your comments here, please be tactful)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is tacty as i can be..

dear admin, a few points.

1. the natur of this ex-harbor subforum wont change just because of another name.

2. the title "Life and how to live it" is not suitable for a/THE Monkey Island Discussion Forum. .. just like you may say the harbor as it is was (spammy) does not fit to your/THE Monkey Island Discussion Forum.

3. why are you not talking to us "users"? if you fancy with a name change why not make a community thing of it? or at least. explain it in a few words.

yours d.i.g.i.,

ray

Don't be sorry Darth. You could never have known it was going to happen. It's not your fault.

A consultation with the users WOULD have been nice, and a lot more proffessional/considerate/whatever. I do think that the admins should have a bit more respect for forum users.

But that said, I mean what, is the new name gonna give us leprosy or something? I think I feel my arms falling off right now. Oh, and my head. My head is definitely falling off. Lepers heads DO fall off, right? Because mine is.

Groovy.........chillski!

I thought The Harbor was a fine name in keeping with the Monkey Island feel......I don't see the point in changing it, but neither am I bothered by the change.....

....perhaps something a little more Monkey Islandyfied would be nicer however...but if it stays the way it is.....well what does it matter?

......if you fancy a bird, you're not going to knock her back because her name is Gertrude or Frogmella are you?

The new name is not witty, fun, Monkey Islandish, and does not represent what goes on in there as much as "The Harbor" does. No, it's not something that I need changed. I'm not that picky. It's just that we changed it...meaning there was reason to do it. If such, I was wondering what decision was made to name it this.

Originally posted by Thrik teh flip

.. the name of the Harbour has been changed. Why does it even matter? It was changed because the people who run the forum decided so ..

any questions left eh? everything is fine. everything is still mi. :rolleyes:

plus if "the chosen one" who runs this forum decides not to talk then it must be because "the chosen one" cant talk.

and i'm sure "the chosen one" likes to get treatened the way "the chosen one" treats .. "us". it must be "the chosen ones" all day experience.

yadayadayadayadayadaya..da..ya...da...

[whiny creep voice]

sorry groovy.. but you must admit. noone will change anything just because of the users. users are least important for a forum. what you need is a click count for the advertisers.. that can be easily faked by a strong and powerful admin!! ez money .. less work.

[/whiny creep voince]

[mod voice]

now stop teh whining and get back to work.. err .. teh foruma fka teh harbor.

[/mod voice]

Originally posted by ErnilPherianath

Why is it that I notice a lack of answers? I'm sure the one in charge has read out thread.

I'd like to know if answers can be expected.

anyone tried pming an admin. they're not always over here you know.

Originally posted by Natty

I was thinking of Monkeying Around. My reason for this is that it's fun and keeping with the Monkey Island theme. I think the forum description thingie is fine though.

heey. you stole that name from me:p

Suprise Suprise, C Shutt comes along to my thread in the feedback section about this thread and goes on with some crappy story. Did he even read what Neil said about bringing it to the admins attention? :rolleyes: Although what would one expect anyway? He's not happy unless he's arguing with someone or putting someone down.

Suprise Suprise, C Shutt comes along to my thread in the feedback section about this thread and goes on with some crappy story. Did he even read what Neil said about bringing it to the admins attention?

Sure, I read it. And your point is? This has nothing to do with the admins, so "bringing it to their attention" is completely unnecessary.

Suprise Suprise, C Shutt comes along to my thread in the feedback section about this thread and goes on with some crappy story. Did he even read what Neil said about bringing it to the admins attention? :rolleyes: Although what would one expect anyway? He's not happy unless he's arguing with someone or putting someone down.

But you're not allowed to point that out, Nat. No one can ever disagree with one of Carls posts/insults/put downs....it's one of those unwritten rules :)

Archived