Home

The Harbour VS Life and how to live it , A Q&A Thread

Darth Groovy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by RoyTordesLegend

But you're not allowed to point that out, Nat. No one can ever disagree with one of Carls posts/insults/put downs....it's one of those unwritten rules :)

everyone can roy.. everyone. and many do.. but he will never ever check that nor one of his friends will do.. that may be sad but should make us glad that at least we do check some. me for instance.. i check NOTHING but this is waaay much more than carl does check. if written or not.. THAT is a rul. :xp:

Originally posted by C Shutt

Sure, I read it. And your point is? This has nothing to do with the admins, so "bringing it to their attention" is completely unnecessary.

Do you know anyone else that could change the name of the forum?

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

Bloody Hell,

At this point, I hope they call it Thrik, or leave the existing name. I tried to help, but you all showed your true colors. Act like morons, get treated like morons, and hey... life goes on!

....?!....ever think you take life just a tad too seriously Groovy? Now breathe......slowly.......:)

Taking life too seriously, eh? And this is a two page thread containing a heated argument concerning the name of another forum which is a sub-forum of another forum of a site called LucasForums which is about 0.00001% or the Internet, which is a moderately small part of our society, which is part of this planet, which is so infinitely small that it really doesn’t matter at all in the grand scheme of the universe, which is probably only one of an infinite amount of other parallel universes which alltogether makes up something that the human mind can't even comprehend.

Dude, put it into perspective. ;;

Originally posted by Gabez

the Internet, which is a moderately small part of our society, which is part of this planet, which is so infinitely small that it really doesn’t matter at all in the grand scheme of the universe, which is probably only one of an infinite amount of other parallel universes which alltogether makes up something that the human mind can't even comprehend.

you never know, gabez. you never know.

the internet makes the world small. it leads people from all over the world together. it maybe a first step for a new way of thinking over the "world" to build up a new mentality. according to the recent happenings on this planet this may be of some importance for the forthcome of mankind in the future. and what we dont understand today can be part of the common knowledge of tomorrow.

Taking life too seriously, eh? And this is a two page thread containing a heated argument concerning the name of another forum which is a sub-forum of another forum of a site called LucasForums which is about 0.00001% or the Internet, which is a moderately small part of our society, which is part of this planet, which is so infinitely small that it really doesn’t matter at all in the grand scheme of the universe, which is probably only one of an infinite amount of other parallel universes which alltogether makes up something that the human mind can't even comprehend.

Also, you're only one human of Billions on this earth. And we aren't even the only beings that live on this earth. Why do you bother to live? Put it into THAT perspective?

I say, put a passion into everything you do. Why do or have something you dont like, and doesn't work as well, if you don't have to. Even though it's a small, tiny part of the world, why not make it the best you can?

And while we're at it...may as well have a bit o' fun. ;)

With Love,

Ernil

sorry, but i'm gonna pick on this, too.

well, let me start with the big stuff.

1) about the parallel universe and other things outside of our solar system or planet: i highly doubt that anybody here (unless they're an astrologist or something like that) is and/or needs to be concerned about any of that, therefore it doesn't really matter in our peek into perspective.

2) even though this community is only "0.00001%" of the internet, i don't think that everybody here is involved with every single little thing in the other 99.99999%.

3) and even though it is a sub-forum of a forum within a website, we are all involved in it and therefore it should matter to some of us, because even though there a billions or maybe trillions of things we should be concerned with, we're not bothered by all of that and this "sub-forum of a forum" is a part of our exclusive lives, no matter how important it may be to us, and it should mean something to at least one person here. it's not like we're all involved with planets and nebuli trillions of light years away or anything. :rolleyes:

anyway....i think that contacting the admin would be the right thing to do if we wanted to change the name of the ex-harbor back to the harbor, otherwise...there's no way to change it, really...i personally don't have to bit of a problem with it, it's just weird. i know it's not like the name makes a difference, they're just characters in the english language typed on a screen, but it holds some significance, i think. especially since it's been the harbor for the past...however long it's been. and the only reason i feel anything about this subject is because it never even needed to be changed in the first place, but whatever. it's changed and i can't really do anything about it. i'm sure i'll be able to cope.

Oh, what the hell, everyone else is doing it, and I'm just writing the conclusion to a deep and meaningful 1000 word essay, so I need a break :D.

But this reminded me of a book i read recently, or at least a part of the book, infact, it's just a small segment. Meh, i'll just throw it in and let you interpret it.

'You know those games where this ball runs up and bounces around and ends up in a slot at the bottom?'

'Pinball machines?'

'Is that what they're called now?'

'I think so'

'Oh right.' The Alderman nodded. 'Wel... when you're bouncing around from pin to pin, it's probably very difficult to know that outside the game there's a room and outside the room there's a town, and outside the town, there's a country, and outside the country there's a world, and outsoide the world, there's a billion trillion stars and that' only the start of it... but it's there, d'you see? Once you know about it, you can stop worrying about the slot at the bottom. And you might bounce around a good deal longer.'

Then why care about ANYTHING that happens in life at all?

Certainly not a forum name being changed... or even spending the time, effort, or energy it takes to GET the forum name changed in the first place.

It's pretty obvious to all involved that the forum name change signifies SOMETHING,.. otherwise nobody would ever bother to do it.

What's not exactly clear is the message or the lesson we are all supposed to glean from this effort.

Originally posted by C Shutt

Sure, I read it. And your point is? This has nothing to do with the admins, so "bringing it to their attention" is completely unnecessary.

And who are they supposed to talk to about retitling the forum, the Almighty? :dozey: Just once I'd like to see you explain the administration's policies to the members without being utterly full of crap.

Groovy: Hmm. They are being a bit boorish, aren't they? ;) 'Thrik' it is!

:max: Everyone has upset me so thoroughly that I almost forgot my new title idea: 'Monkeyshines.' Hmph.

:rolleyes:

and still noone said hey.. yes.. as you may have noticed we changed this subforums name to 'life and how to live it' because we though it .. [nice cool story here] .. we hope you all come along with this change .. yadayadayada ..

naja. uncool in some way, not bothering though ..

Originally posted by Thrik

... all this over a forum name change. Days and days of posts, spanning over multiple pages.

It really is sad.

Feel free to ignore this thread then.

Nobody's forcing you to read it.

By the way, your posting to it isn't making it any shorter...

Personally, I don't care what the forum is called. I'm just curious as to the "why?" of the whole thing. It's really not that much time out of my day to come here occasionally and see if anyone has bothered to enlighten us all.

Originally posted by RayJones

and still noone said hey.. yes.. as you may have noticed we changed this subforums name to 'life and how to live it' because we though it .. [nice cool story here] .. we hope you all come along with this change .. yadayadayada ..

Something that was fully intended right up until someone came along and decided to complain about it. Seriously, we simply didn't have time; it went straight from name change to complaint with hardly an hours notice. And please note a certain member may have seen the name change before the mods knew it had been don’t because it was the admins who did it. And this certain member may have decided that with no explanation present in the time of change to when the certain member logged on, we must be messing with you.

Now, we kind of see no point in an explanation, you all seem to be content in the fact that we did it to annoy you, so we'll just go with that now shall we?

Originally posted by Das Mole

life and how to live it?

and the description is a little too...descriptive....

:confused:

posted here

although this might be not the form of a question concerning the name change i think it expresses somehow the notice of a name change and somehow could be seen as "hello new name of 'our' favorite forum.. now mateys.. what do you say?".. but it is no complain about anything.

and of course the question after a why etc. had to be asked.. but it took only a few crappy replies by some bunchies to turn it into on of those discussions that we all dislike so much. so just one had to show up, post the "correct" answer (what i said before) and the could have closed the thread because it would had fulfilled its purpose. but none of this happend. and this is crap again because now you are blaming us for the results and not the resposibles. :rolleyes:

i wish i could say

closed. all closed.

I'm not blaming you for the name change, in fact although I had no part in it, I take full responsibility because you all like someone to target youre abuse on so bring it on.

And I'm not blaming you or Mole for complaining, that was pretty much the mi community in general.

In fact, i'm not blaming you at all, the above statement by me was directed at everyone who likes to complain before they explain (I'm writing that on down) and before they've given us a chance to explain ourselves.

No, it's not your fault at all, you seem to be on our side about this, at least partly which I would say is very diplomatic of you. But a while ago, everyone hated us for closing a thread. Now we're hated for changing a name.

If I start a new interesting thread, will you all string me up by my thumbs, because it looks that way.

Archived