Jump to content

Home

JA vs SWG


kingdomwinds
 Share

Recommended Posts

Originally posted by Kurgan

Since RPG players aren't really interested in combat, they shouldn't be bothered if the combat in SWG is paper thin.

 

Oka i cant let this sit. What makes you think all RPG players arent interested in combat? Name a successful RPG that doesnt involve combat then. Frankly thats a stupid statement imo. Ive been an avid CRPG and table top player for 19 years now, im as much a fan of combat as i am a deep storyline. Any RPG player will tell you it doesnt matter... combat or no, its all in the storyline your in and how your charactor develops because of the world around them.

 

 

Oh heck, if they have an imagination, maybe they should give the real paper & pencil official Star Wars RPG a whir. There's no bugs or lag in that game, so I hear. ; )

 

 

Actually this is something i suggest to people as well. To date and i doubt for a very long time to come (at least unless VR becomes as common as owning a TV).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i was surprised that Lucas and Sony would have the nerve to actually charge for this P.O.S.

 

 

I played it for like a week and never touched it again.

 

If I want turn based play I'll go buy a board game.

 

Im sorry I jus dont see the fun in that.

and all the character development in the world dont help either.

 

I thought for $15 a month i would get a FPS meets massive online world coupled with character development.

 

NOW THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN WORTH THE MONEY.

 

bottom line is SWG is garbage and i'll be surprised if it makes past next year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dont waste your time or money on SWG, its not worth it. I was a beta tester, ive seen pretty much all the game has to offer, and it isnt much. The initial wow factor of the game is great, but once that wears off and you get down to the knitty gritty you'll discover that the game is very unpolished, buggy, and has little worth while content. To quote a review of the game "The game is a thousand miles wide, but only an inch deep" It has the potential to be great, but unfortunatly it has fallen short... way short.

 

U sure u talk'n bout SWG and not JK:A? Just curious

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think there is any comparison. Star Wars Galaxies, which I cancelled the day I got Academy, was far too repetitive and extremely dry. You never feel like you are part of the world. If you choose to be an Artisan, you have to deal with constant resource shifts and you have to constantly relocate your machinery so you can continue to harvest and build your wares. Battle classes are so boring because there is no movement involved. Lock into position and begin firing. Unless you want to have something chase you. I played through Commando and later Teras Kasi (martial artist) and it was just too boring. Jedi don't even exist in the game at this point because they're still trying to beta test the existing combat classes. Weapons nearly doubled in damage since the game was launched. And Jedi are automatically PVP characters from my understanding.

 

Academy, like Outcast, is a game for people that love Jedi. We all have our favorite skin and favorite saber colors, be it something serious or a staff-wielding jawa. Galaxies can never match the intensity of Outcast/Academy. I'm sure the feeling the first few people to get Force Sensitive characters will make their paying for the game worth it, but I'm not interested in so much unpredictability as to whether I'd EVER get a character of that caliber.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Scythefall

Academy, like Outcast, is a game for people that love Jedi. We all have our favorite skin and favorite saber colors, be it something serious or a staff-wielding jawa.

 

HEY! You take that back! *I* play a staff wielding Jawa! WTF is wrong with that?! :mad:

 

;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Kurgan

My point is, if these RPG players are so big on interaction and character building, then they should seek SWG, because it's 95% that, 5% cool combat.

 

JA is 98% cool combat and the other 2 % is character building and interaction (or maybe even less if you're talking about multiplayer, heh).

 

Since RPG players aren't really interested in combat, they shouldn't be bothered if the combat in SWG is paper thin.

 

Oh heck, if they have an imagination, maybe they should give the real paper & pencil official Star Wars RPG a whir. There's no bugs or lag in that game, so I hear. ; )

 

Now really Kurgan you have no idea about roleplay at all. Roleplay means to play your character, to develop it, to be true to his/her allignment and that DOES involve combat when the char would enter combat!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...