Home

"Bad" Servers

SpaceButler14

If this isn't appropriate, please delete the thread, but I think we should have a list of servers with kick-happy admins because it's getting ridiculous.

I logged on to Legens of the Sith I think it was and happened to attack someone who put away her saber during my attack and then started insulting me, refused to accept my apology, then had me kicked.

ahahhahaha you bought JA and thought you could play it?

LoL noob!!!

;)

Just kidding man, I feel your pain.

I went throught it in Jedi Outcast for a year straight.

I wish I could tell you it is going to get better but as soon as the Academy mod comes out, not only are you going to get kicked for stupid crap like that, you will be banned as well.

Posting server ip's that do that garbage is easy, just refresh the master list, filter out the 3-4 that don't, then paste every single ip in here...

No joke guy, this community is like 70% "omg my saber is off I'm going to ip ban you for touching me, you son of a *****!"

A better thing to do would be posting the ip's of *good servers, not the jerk offs and their "omg lamer!!" crap.

Im actually considering hitting everyone that puts thier saber down just because they dislike it. Maybe it'll teach these guys some quicker reflexes.

At any rate, it'll get me banned from all the crap servers and then ill be able to enjoy the game without having to filter anything out :)

You'll never get kicked or banned or treated badly for that crap on my server (if you ever do when I'm not in there, just let me know and the smacketh will be laid down with great vengance and furious anger...).

It may be lagged sometimes, but at least I still believe in letting people enjoy the game for what it is, not what some RPG fanboy wannabes want it to be...

Originally posted by FK | unnamed

No joke guy, this community is like 70% "omg my saber is off I'm going to ip ban you for touching me, you son of a *****!"

well they are perfectly within there rights to do that, if you wanna run round ignoring server rules, then find another server and stop whining.

If someone wants to create a server so that they don't have to put up with lamers running round generally being arseholes then more power to them.

Anyone comes on my server and either attcks me while i 'choose' to bow or run round killing those waiting for a duel, then they'll be kicked in the first instance and then banned if a repeat offence occurs. It's quite simple, it's my bandwidth and i don't want to waste it on anti-social morons when there are more than enough people out there with manners and respect.

People would do well to realise that they are guests and should behave as such.

Originally posted by Jah Warrior

well they are perfectly within there rights to do that, if you wanna run round ignoring server rules, then find another server and stop whining.

If someone wants to create a server so that they don't have to put up with lamers running round generally being arseholes then more power to them.

Anyone comes on my server and either attcks me while i 'choose' to bow or run round killing those waiting for a duel, then they'll be kicked in the first instance and then banned if a repeat offence occurs. It's quite simple, it's my bandwidth and i don't want to waste it on anti-social morons when there are more than enough people out there with manners and respect.

People would do well to realise that they are guests and should behave as such.

How are people supposed to know when server admins are confused newbies that bought jk3 thinking it was star wars galaxies without a monthly price?

If you are in a server witha good admin you will get warned first if you run around being an arsehole, on the other hand the admin has probably had to kick hundreds of lamers already in which case you could end up with an insta-ban and your lack of manners will have limited your future choice of servers to play on.

If you are in a server witha good admin you will get warned first if you run around being an arsehole, on the other hand the admin has probably had to kick hundreds of lamers already in which case you could end up with an insta-ban and your lack of manners will have limited your future choice of servers to play on.

Wrong, most admins that kick for such a dumb reason are too stupid to know how to ban.. besides that my ip changes enough to where i have no need to worry. BTW stick to the rpg games if you're going to use terms like "lamer" did someone not explain the term FREE FOR ALL to you people? You just want something to whine about because your little turn the saber off so I can get health plan gets shot down by a rocket.

no disrepsect to u m8 but i believe lucasarts realeased this game for EVERYONE not just u , i agree with jah if u join a server that has rules follow them its kinda simple , unless ur stupid and cant read , in which case the admin will READ them to u, if not then i agree on kicking/banning .

and why not beings as its the admins server its up to them how they wanna play on it , im sick of ppl saying this lamer crap is rubbish etc last i looked it was a free world , and if i start a server of my own ill make it as the hell i like it u dont like it then dont play there, its pretty simple .

quote" Wrong, most admins that kick for such a dumb reason are too stupid to know how to ban.. " thats most admins not all admins just remember that :)

quote" BTW stick to the rpg games if you're going to use terms like "lamer" did someone not explain the term FREE FOR ALL to you people" isnt htat being a lil gameist as i say we all play how we want its not up to YOU to make us play how we dont wanna on our own servers.

quote"You just want something to whine about because your little turn the saber off so I can get health plan gets shot down by a rocket" lol ill just push it back :p plus i only play saber only anyway....

quote"How are people supposed to know when server admins are confused newbies that bought jk3 thinking it was star wars galaxies without a monthly price?"

well servers i play on have it on the motd so its kinda in ur face as u enter the server.

but as i said b4 these rules dont apply to all servers and if its a ffa no rules then i agree its kinda stupid to stand there no saber but if theres rules displayed then just respect it or shut up moaning about it :D

Man my type of post :)

ok lets start Hi FK | unnamed when will the demos of JA sad servers start hitting the forum :) ... cant wait

second Kurgan good to see some one trying to keep the GAME as it is .... death to all Fan Boys

now for the end part...

Jah Warrior yes you right and myself have no problem to wait for you to BOW and do other stuff to your self before a fight.. but as SAID in the posts was that most of the sad F... ummm players out there will start to scream if you run past them and skim them with your saber or if you attack them as they turn there saber off (SEE ABOVE) then your getting kick, and all that banther doo doo that happens. would it be nice just to join a FFA (not a duel) and play a FFA game!!! ok if you want your saber off rule have it, but instead of running around like a twat kicking people for the above mentioned things. try to balance it..... anyways sounds like your server will be in a list of lame servers so enjoy playing with the Fan Boys.. I am sure you will enjoy the feeling of power by kicking all the players that are able to kick your arse.

:)

p.s dont mean to flame you man but it is a shame to see JA go the same ways as JO II FFA games

lol i only do personal server occasionally anyway cause i dont really like ja anyway but it just gets to me when some ppl tell others how to play there server :/ sorry if it sounded like a flame

i just go by the way of everyone can play as they want to , we do ffa`s on the server but we like to duel on server mainly, and like i said i have rules on the motd so its not like noones getting any precaution on entering :S

and if my servers in the "lame" list to um, ill remember to put urs in my "lame"list ;):p

at the end of the day it comes down to this:-

The admin/owner is paying money to host a server, providing a free service for those that wish to play the game in the way that the server provider deems fit. You have NO rights when a guest on someones server. If you are surprised that there are few servers where being an arsehole is ok then it's really quite simple; create your own server...

If i go in a server and it's clear that its just full of kids running round generally being obnoxious... then i leave! I dont come here and whine like a baby about it do I? After all its not hard to find servers that play teh game the way you like to play is it, and even if you cant find one then there's nothing to stop you making yer own server is there?!!

all said and done... Put up or shut up.... easy.

at the end of the day it comes down to this:-

The admin/owner is paying money to host a server, providing a free service for those that wish to play the game in the way that the server provider deems fit. You have NO rights when a guest on someones server. If you are surprised that there are few servers where being an arsehole is ok then it's really quite simple; create your own server...

If i go in a server and it's clear that its just full of kids running round generally being obnoxious... then i leave! I dont come here and whine like a baby about it do I? After all its not hard to find servers that play teh game the way you like to play is it, and even if you cant find one then there's nothing to stop you making yer own server is there?!!

all said and done... Put up or shut up.... easy.

if your paying to host a server and you don't like the way a game is played don't pay to host a server..... or put a password on it and play with your self :p (got the feeling some people are going to take that seriously)

anyways I buy a game I see FFA in the server list the game is about running about swinging ya saber. using your force powers to get a high score... then you get the admin saying you cant do that that's laming its kind of sad...

Jah, if you say to a guy (who comes to your server to FFA): "Dude, you can't do that on THIS server, sorry. We got rules that are 'blablablabla' and you must abide by them or leave this server."

I'm totally fine with that ^^

BUT if you say to the guy: "You lamer! You are not allowed to do that in this game! That's against the rules. You have no honour! You can not do 'blablablablablablablablablabla' in this game or else you will be kicked & banned and everyone hates you for laming. Spread the word and tell everyone what you have learned here. What I just told is the only acceptable way of playing Jedi Academy - fight with honour or I will /amslap you silly and /amblowupyourhead, noob"

..then I think you are the cancer of online gaming. :)

For me a ffa is a no hold bars, quake style killing rampage unless the server rules say something about it. If someone puts their saber off then that's tough, Duel's different though, you are not going to be at a disadvantage by letting them put their saber off and not only that, it gives them a chance to have a go at the crappy hit detection :p

The Golden Rule for me though is to abide by the Server Rules which should usually be stated at the message of the day or tell the people near the beginning of the match. :p

BTW Jah, wat's happened to HP? :confused:

Is laming all we can think about? This will turn into yet another lamer vs. rule abider flame war.

Now, my main problem is that there are far too few servers, due to that Raven SCREW UP. And it seems like the servers are much laggier than ones were in Jedi Outcast. I've been in there getting often 200-999 ping. So then someone tries to vote-kick everyone. Even though I have cable and get usually 50-60 ping in non-lag servers.

If it's a private hosted server with a password then yes people have no rights, but if you're going to put the server on the public server you're wasting other people's time that want to play the game. Put a password on your server if you want to make the game a lame rpg affair I'm sure you have plenty of internet friends that play the game to tell the password.

What are your in game names? I think a few saber newbies need to be put in line.

On my server I have very very loose rules. If somebody was really cheating (never happened yet) they would be warned then kicked, if somebody was spamming the chat or whining, then I'd ask them to stop, if they tried to argue, I'd do so logically.

But I'm a fairly tolerant guy and most of the time people see my point of view and either leave or stop complaining and respect my right to mod my own server.

That's not to say I wouldn't change something because of a valid argument that convinced me. Already I've changed a few things based on good suggestions people like Amidala and Andy have mentioned and it has seemed to improve things. ; )

A good admin should state up front what the rules are, and not just kick without warning for any old reason. I mean its his right to do so, but he looks like a jerk and is just inviting more problems if he doesn't act consistently with people.

this is my point im trying to make if its private and has rules then id abide by there rules , public is different unless its got rules stated on it :) i tend to respect the wishes of the server admins on their servers kinda like kurgan said :)

i take it this is more or less settled :D

{DX} clan server havent seen that one but to kick if u kill ppl with sabers up ??? :confused: im confussled lol

Originally posted by Tosh_UK

Man my type of post :)

ok lets start Hi FK | unnamed when will the demos of JA sad servers start hitting the forum :) ... cant wait

second Kurgan good to see some one trying to keep the GAME as it is .... death to all Fan Boys

now for the end part...

Jah Warrior yes you right and myself have no problem to wait for you to BOW and do other stuff to your self before a fight.. but as SAID in the posts was that most of the sad F... ummm players out there will start to scream if you run past them and skim them with your saber or if you attack them as they turn there saber off (SEE ABOVE) then your getting kick, and all that banther doo doo that happens. would it be nice just to join a FFA (not a duel) and play a FFA game!!! ok if you want your saber off rule have it, but instead of running around like a twat kicking people for the above mentioned things. try to balance it..... anyways sounds like your server will be in a list of lame servers so enjoy playing with the Fan Boys.. I am sure you will enjoy the feeling of power by kicking all the players that are able to kick your arse.

:)

p.s dont mean to flame you man but it is a shame to see JA go the same ways as JO II FFA games

they probably won't happen. neither of us play anymore. i can join a server and soon as i join a team i'm already bored to death.

Halo then ut2k4 and HL2 all the way =)

Originally posted by Rumor

they probably won't happen. neither of us play anymore. i can join a server and soon as i join a team i'm already bored to death.

Halo then ut2k4 and HL2 all the way =)

hehehehe you will be playing HL2 online and some one will shout Knife = peace ....... LOL

Originally posted by TK8252MJL Is laming all we can think about? This will turn into yet another lamer vs. rule abider flame war.

well its such a strong difference of a opinion that it all ways crash and burns.... JKO II is the only first person shooter I have ever seen with so many unwritten rules... I mean CS you have a basic of 2 Don't camp to much and most players if they are only 1 left on each side will knife fight to see who the winner is. but they are not enforced to a point that you kick some one if they don't lol.

JO II IMHO has to many people that have no life and the only way they can live is pretend to be Luke skywalker playing online.... its sad really

Archived