Home

Dismemberment Damage

JediLurker

As I mentioned in Kurgan's customization\cheat thread, I'm looking into ways to get damage under control when using dismemberment. It's far too high, even when sabermorerealistic is set to 2. Set to 3, the damage is insane and setting it to 1 doesn't grant much more dismemberment than the game usually has. Anyway, the whole purpose behind it is to find a way to make saber\boss fights last longer but still keep the dismemberment. So far, the only way that works is to increase the hitpoints of the enemies as someone(forgot your name, sorry!) suggested in the cheat thread. The problem with that is obvious. You still get killed in one good shot, but they can take three or four.

Anyway, getting to the point here, I was wondering if anyone out there knows which file(s) the saber damage values might be stored in. I'm hoping to experiment with them and find a decent balance that will keep dismemberment, but regulate the damage to roughly normal at the same time, then release a mod if I succeed. Any help\ideas on this would be greatly appreciated!

I just started playing the game and I am using in Sp sabermorerealistic 2 , dismemberment 3, dismemberprobabilities 0.(yes 0) I don't know if it is because of playing on the hardest level, or because of dismemberprobabilities 0 but I don't get one hit kills all the time with officers and other stronger charcters, it some times takes 3 hits to bring down an officer, I have not fought that many saber wielding enimies so I can't really coment on that yet, but I Imagine they are stronger then the officers. I hope this helps untill somone creates a patch to make saber damage more realistic and more accurate then random dismemberment.

Archived