Home

Skinning

juicenator57

Hey, I just made my first skin. It was a reskin of a weequay, because it was the only model that had a bald head-sort of. In ModView, i could take the hair off so it looked like the guy was bald. In the game, everything was fine except the hair was there for no reason. I'm gonna try a couple more things, and if i still have the problem, i'll check back to see what your guys tips are. Thanks!

:lsduel:

Remember that just because you've turned off the surface in modviewer doesn't mean that it won't show up in the game... you have to edit your .skin file. Look in other .skin files to see how to turn it off... I believe that you have to type in ,*off after the name of the model part.

• 2 weeks later...

hi does anyone know how to make a skin look really good? cause in paint... it looks really pixally... how can i make it more smooth?

+ i wanna start from scratch, ie make my own templates aswell, but i donm't know how... please help me. Thanks

Originally posted by lowe_22

hi does anyone know how to make a skin look really good? cause in paint... it looks really pixally... how can i make it more smooth?

+ i wanna start from scratch, ie make my own templates aswell, but i donm't know how... please help me. Thanks

Lowe, I wouldn't recommend using paint. You can get a decent paint program from most comp stores for a decent price. I've got Photoshop 4.0 and I'm doing some OK stuff...

My Skins

It is WRONG to download imaging software:) That's all I'll say.

Originally posted by Master Paisa

blue

HEY FELLAS I REALY WANT TO KNOW HOW TO MAKE SOME SKINS .

WHAT DO I NEED TO MAKE SKINS ??

AND WHERE DO I GO TO D/L WHAT EVER IT IS THAT I NEED TO MAKE SKINS. CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME ?

THANK FOR UR TIME http://

Software you'll need...

1. A program to create/edit JPEGS. (Photoshop is fav... you could use paint...)

2. Modviewer (available in the JK editing tools file from jediknight.net or lucasfiles.com)

3. JKAcademy... (for the base models to skin and an engine to run them in...)

4. Pakscape to create the .pk3 files

5. Notepad (available on your PC).

That's about it... you need to start by unpacking the assets0 and assets1 file in the base folder on your PC.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Sorry... I haven't checked this board in years... I don't think I've done anything with modeling, mapping, or skinning in at least five years now. What's the exact question?

My last post seems to indicate the software you'll need. My comment before that indicates that in order to get a part of the model NOT to appear, you need to edit the text file which links the skin file to the model parts.

I've been deeply into Xbox since that time (with a brief stint in WoW).

Archived