Home

Video Cards

crasher1

Are you Emon that the FX is buggy, because I have been playing Jedi Academy, which is a DX9 game, and it runs better than just fine, I am getting better FPS, better performance and just better results without the slightest hint of any kind of problem.

JO/JA only uses DirectX for DirectSound, DirectPlay, and maybe DirectInput. It doesn't use Direct3D, which is where the problem is. And because it doesn't use Direct3D, it obviously cannot have a problem with Direct3D 9 now can it? :)

I would call the GeForce 4 Ti 4200 8x AGP 128 MB card as the best buy right now. I'm stuck with the 4x... :(

Make sure to have a lot of system RAM as well. I have 512 MB RAM while running Windows 2000 Professional and this works for me. My wife uses Windows XP Home Edition and her performance didn't increase until she upgraded to 1 GB of RAM.

I have a 9600Pro and it runs JA well using the 3.6 drivers, although the dynamic glow slowdown is a bit obnoxious. It runs everything else so well though that I really think this is a Raven problem, not ATI I have the Tyan version with a huge cooling solution and out of the box overclocking and hardware monitoring. It was 4 dollars less than the stock model and is really a pretty nice deal. The heatsink is really big and I'm running it now overlcoked 100 mhz to 500.

Archived